Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Garner of 'The Rockford Files' dies

James Garner of 'The Rockford Files' dies

Movie, TV actor was nominated for Emmys, Oscar

Movie and television star James Garner has died, police told The Assoicated Press. He was 86.
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Garner is best known as the star of the 1970s television show "The Rockford Files," although he acted in many movies, including "The Notebook.”

According to TMZ.com, police say an ambulance was dispatched to the actor's home in Los Angeles around 8 p.m. Saturday and he was dead when they arrived. His cause of death wasn't immediately known.
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/national/james-gar...z380i6mSdP
</div>
</div>

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2014, 10:03 AM by jag86fan.)

R.I.P.

Loved him in that old series, "Maverick".

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Sad to see him go.

Rest in peace Maverick.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

They don't mention his role in the epic racing movie "Grand Prix".  The story behind it is amazing.  It was so realistic that when Enzo Ferrari saw outtakes from the production he gave his blessing to involve Ferrari in shooting the movie. But what was even more notable was the praise Garner received from the veteran race drivers involved in the production.  Garner actually drove race cars during shooting.  Several said that Garner could have been a successful Formula One driver had he chosen that path.  

I always enjoyed his on-screen personas.  He provided realism by portraying characters who would rather talk their way out of a fight, and occasionally lost when they couldn't.

We are losing all of the great ones! Sad.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I was bummed by this. RIP.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I was bummed by this. RIP.

Me too. I've always loved him as an actor! We are losing all the "stars"...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Rockford Files is an awesome show. Maybe he'll finally get his $200 a day plus expenses in heaven.

RIP James Garner.

I liked him in The Great Escape, Support Your Local Sheriff, and Support Your Local Gunfighter.   He could do comedy as well as drama.   He was someone, like John Wayne, that you just enjoyed watching.  He had that charisma.  

As someone commented on another site, 'If you don't like James Garner, you don't like America.'

Quote:As someone commented on another site, 'If you don't like James Garner, you don't like America.'

Then I guess I don't like America.

... I love it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 11:33 AM by rollerjag.)

James Garner was one of a rare breed of actors, that could make you feel like he could be one of your friends. Tom Hanks and Tim Robbins are similar in that way, they can even play bad guys that you grow to like.

News of Garner's passing brought back memories of my dad. When his dementia got to its latter stages, and he would become so easily agitated, watching Rockford Files episodes on Netflix always seemed to calm him down.

RIP James Garner

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

support your local sheriff was  sooooooooo funny. enjoyed his work for many years