Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas Tech reinstates Nigel Bethel II after punching women BB player

I think common sense is the dictator.

If you are being assaulted by someone significantly physically inferior, who is unlikely to inflict any serious injuries, then be the bigger person and refrain from violence.  This applies whether its a man or woman assaulting you.  It's the same concept of not beating up the elderly.

However, if the person is physically similar or actually causing damage to you, then by all means do what is necessary.  

I also don't believe a single counter strike when you are being continuously and relentlessly assaulted is worthy of serious social stigmata.  There's a difference between trading punches and striking back in order to end the assault.

I don't know for sure, but I believe in this case she punched him and then he punched her back.  In this situation he should have probably just walked away.  I think he was more worried about his ego and image than being injured.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 09:36 AM by JagsFan1.)

I see where both sides are coming from. No matter the circumstance. I just try to avoid these situations. I'm 5'7, 131 lbs and brown skin I want make it in jail lol.

Quote:I see where both sides are coming from. No matter the circumstance. I just try to avoid these situations. I'm 5'7, 131 lbs and brown skin I want make it in jail lol.

Oh...you'd make it in jail all right!! You'd be "making it" a lot!! :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I think common sense is the dictator.

If you are being assaulted by someone significantly physically inferior, who is unlikely to inflict any serious injuries, then be the bigger person and refrain from violence.  This applies whether its a man or woman assaulting you.  It's the same concept of not beating up the elderly.

However, if the person is physically similar or actually causing damage to you, then by all means do what is necessary.  

I also don't believe a single counter strike when you are being continuously and relentlessly assaulted is worthy of serious social stigmata.  There's a difference between trading punches and striking back in order to end the assault.

I don't know for sure, but I believe in this case she punched him and then he punched her back.  In this situation he should have probably just walked away.  I think he was more worried about his ego and image than being injured.
Exactly.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

So if I'm ingesting this correctly, if a woman attacks me with her fist, a physical assault on me which could damage my eyesight, or hearing, or tracheal tube, or such, I should ascertain if she is physically larger than me before I punch her in defense? Sorry, I'm answering with the same level of force no matter if the assaulter is male or female.

Lorena Bobbitt took a knife and brutally cut off the male organ of her husband and people around the country joked about it. If a man had cut off the female organ he would have been labeled a sadistic killer.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:So if I'm ingesting this correctly, if a woman attacks me with her fist, a physical assault on me which could damage my eyesight, or hearing, or tracheal tube, or such, I should ascertain if she is physically larger than me before I punch her in defense? Sorry, I'm answering with the same level of force no matter if the assaulter is male or female.

Lorena Bobbitt took a knife and brutally cut off the male organ of her husband and people around the country joked about it. If a man had cut off the female organ he would have been labeled a sadistic killer.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I had a decent amount typed out, but it was rehasing the previous discussion. Not worth it.

I hope your wife (if you're married) ever takes a swing at you. I'm sure she would do some damage to your eyesight.

Quote: 

I had a decent amount typed out, but it was rehasing the previous discussion. Not worth it.

I hope your wife (if you're married) ever takes a swing at you. I'm sure she would do some damage to your eyesight.

I know if my wife fights like a sissy, I dont have to knock her out to defend myself.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

What happens if the woman is bigger then you and you try to walk away, yet she keeps beating on you?  I guess I'm saying at what point do you have a right to defend yourself?

Quote:What happens if the woman is bigger then you and you try to walk away, yet she keeps beating on you?  I guess I'm saying at what point do you have a right to defend yourself?

Exactly. Assuming that all women "fight like sissies" and are incapable of causing injury is incredibly sexist against women.

James_Fried_Chicken: It's okay to repeatedly whip a defenseless toddler with a belt.

James_Fried_Chicken: Even if injury (or worse) is imminent, it is never okay to defend yourself against an aggressive, attacking female.

Anybody else see a flawed sense of reality here?

Quote:Great piece here: http://www.returnofkings.com/1106/the-my...ng-a-woman

"Real “domestic violence” (what I’d broadly define as uneven, unilateral forms of violence—bullying, essentially—between people in certain types of relationships) is a serious matter—one that should be legislated and punished. But, when you create an across-the-board, over-simplified rule that you should “never hit a woman,” you basically reduce domestic violence to only unprovoked, male-to-female violence. Plus, it feeds an existing culture that grants women virtual carte blanche to act however they want—including hitting men—with little fear of serious legal, physical, or social consequences.

If she hits him, he must have done something wrong. If he hits her back, he’s abusive. In this calculus, men always turn out in the wrong. Meanwhile, a man will receive all three consequences—in spades—if he merely responds with the same exact level of violence. He’ll likely get his-[BAD WORD REMOVED] stomped by white knights. The cops will arrest him. And, people who learn of “his actions” will shame him."

i can tell you from working the door at a bar for a few years that no one wants to hit a woman but some of them make it very hard not to.

i lean towards agree almost completely with that excerpt from above. its sexist to think otherwise, its almost like you cant win no matter what.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:its sexist to think otherwise, its almost like you cant win no matter what.

That's a feature, not a bug. And that's just how the femi's want it.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think common sense is the dictator.

/endthread

Quote:James_Fried_Chicken: It's okay to repeatedly whip a defenseless toddler with a belt.

James_Fried_Chicken: Even if injury (or worse) is imminent, it is never okay to defend yourself against an aggressive, attacking female.

Anybody else see a flawed sense of reality here?

Good God, do you really have to run over to every social thread I post in to make yourself look more stupid?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.