Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas Tech reinstates Nigel Bethel II after punching women BB player

Quote:What the hell......

I know you are not basing this as the main point of your argument.

Credibility is sinking quick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just because a guy weighs 160, and a woman weighs 170....doesn't mean she is even close to him in physicality.

You get that...right?

Did you fail to read where I agreed with you? This is why I proposed the following:

-Say about 30,000,000 males are smaller in height and weight than 78,000,000 female.

-Take the WEAKEST 7% of those smaller males. In other words, out of every 14 guys, you tell the strongest 13 to go home and only take the WEAKEST 1.

-Take the STRONGEST 3% of those larger females. In other words, out of every 33 females, you take the STRONGEST 1 and tell the weakest 32 to go home.

If you did that, you would still be left with over 2,000,000 males and 2,000,000 females.

There's a reason you won't see the UFC sanction Male-Female fights.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 02:35 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Credibility is sinking quick.
Credibility was lost a looooong while back. Grave just gets deeper.

;

Quote:His point is pretty clear.

If you think that the reason a man should not retaliate when a woman hits him is because women are smaller and weaker despite being hit first,

then do you also agree that a man should not retaliate hitting a smaller and weaker male, despite being hit first?

Lol, you guys are changing the discussion mid stream.  You are making yourself look foolish.

Quote:Did you fail to read where I agreed with you? This is why I proposed the following:

-Say about 30,000,000 males are smaller in height and weight than 78,000,000 female.

-Take the WEAKEST 7% of those smaller males. In other words, out of every 14 guys, you tell the strongest 13 to go home and only take the WEAKEST 1.

-Take the STRONGEST 3% of those larger females. In other words, out of every 33 females, you take the STRONGEST 1 and tell the weakest 32 to go home.

If you did that, you would still be left with over 2,000,000 males and 2,000,000 females.
Hello.......Your numbers still aren't proven. But assume they are. The percentage is so small, and it gets even smaller that those populations meet up, and even smaller that a confrontation will occur between that population.

And again..............It is so far removed from the OP it's not even funny.Also

Also.......If the woman doing the hitting is bigger, faster, stronger then the man, isn't that even more of a reason to get out of dodge? The stigma attached alone by getting "beat up" by a woman is worth getting outta there, again, imo. Just a thought.

;

I'll take trained fighters (Military, Wrestling, Boxing, and MMA) over millions of feeble and fragile males 7 days a week.

Quote:False. There was no broken jaw. I already made you guys aware of that with post #78 of this thread.

I posted the link saying she suffered a broken bone in post 86.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I'll take trained fighters (Military, Wrestling, Boxing, and MMA) over MILLIONS OF FEEBLE AND FRAGILE MALES 7 days a week.
You sure do over exaggerate. 

Hello.......Your numbers still aren't proven. But assume they are. The percentage is so small, and it gets even smaller that those populations meet up, and even smaller that a confrontation will occur between that population.

And again..............It is so far removed from the OP it's not even funny.Also

Also.......If the woman doing the hitting is bigger, faster, stronger then the man, isn't that even more of a reason to get out of dodge? The stigma attached alone by getting "beat up" by a woman is worth getting outta there, again, imo. Just a thought.

;

Quote:I posted the link saying she suffered a broken bone in post 86.

So in post 86 you were already aware there was no broken jaw, yet you continue to claim it was a broken jaw afterwards? Way to stay objective.

Quote:There's a reason you won't see the UFC sanction Male-Female fights.

Bingo!

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:So in post 86 you were already aware there was no broken jaw, yet you continue to claim it was a broken jaw afterwards? Way to stay objective.
Semantics at this point. Broken bone in face. Good Lord.

;

Quote:So in post 86 you were already aware there was no broken jaw, yet you continue to claim it was a broken jaw afterwards? Way to stay objective.

The point is she suffered an injury.

But keep defending Bethel hitting a woman in "self defense". 

Guys, there are 156 million females in the United States. Let's just sat you took the absolute biggest, strongest, and most physical 2 percent. To act like all 156 million of them are weaker than the entire male population is ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 02:45 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Lol, you guys are changing the discussion mid stream.  You are making yourself look foolish.

Exactly.

The focus was lost a long time ago on Bethel being able to walk away and has somehow wandered into something about women weighing more then men..etc..

Quote:There's a reason you won't see the UFC sanction Male-Female fights.

I'm not talking about Male UFC level fighters vs Female UFC level fighters.

I'm not talking Male math club, glee club, twerps vs trained female fighters.

Quote:Guys, there are 156 million females in the United States. Let's just sat you took the absolute biggest, strongest, and most physical 2 percent. To act like all 156 million of them are weaker than the entire male population is ridiculous.
No one acknowledged that that is a distinct possibility. Take that two percent. The percentage of them meeting up with physically inferior males, and then that percentage actually meeting up and having a physical altercation is even smaller.

And, as I pointed out before. Wouldn't it behoove that male to just walk away in a physical altercation and avoid a tail kicking from the stronger female?

;

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 02:55 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I'm not talking about Male UFC level fighters vs Female UFC level fighters.

I'm not talking Male math club, glee club, twerps vs trained female fighters.
And the odds that Male Glee Club meeting Trained Female Fighter in a bar.....or at the library is minute which makes the point ridiculous. But yes, if male's life is threatened , sure he should defend and more if need be. That was never, ever, ever the argument which you have tried turning it into. You do not see the whole picture. You see 2% only as shown in your posts.

;

Don't you just love people that REFUSE to allow even the slightest perception that they have lost an argument. 

Huh

Quote:How is it sexist to treat women with respect?  This isn't just about fighting, but in general...women deserve to be respected, and you are acting like doing that is a bad thing.

Treating a woman who does not deserve respect with respect solely based on her gender is not respect, it's deference. 

Edit: I appreciate that you guys believe strongly about this, but it's simple sexism to treat a woman differently ONLY because she is a woman. It might not even necessarily be a bad thing, but it most certainly is sexist.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato