Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas Tech reinstates Nigel Bethel II after punching women BB player

Quote:Don't you just love people that REFUSE to allow even the slightest perception that they have lost an argument. 

Agree.  I've admitted many times here where I was wrong.  I've even conceded a couple of their points where sometimes it must be done....but now we're talking about Rhonda Rousey beating up Sheldon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Treating a woman who does not deserve respect with respect solely based on her gender is not respect, it's deference. 

Edit: I appreciate that you guys believe strongly about this, but it's simple sexism to treat a woman differently ONLY because she is a woman. It might not even necessarily be a bad thing, but it most certainly is sexist.
I agree, opening doors, paying for dinner, taking a girl to a movie and paying for it....all sexist.  We are all sexist.

LOL, this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Quote:It has nothing to do with puffing out my chest. Rather, I'm stressing how useless it is to discuss the topic if others won't even concede that hitting a woman to avoid injury/death is justifiable.

You want to win the argument, even if it means creating a ridiculous scenario and insisting others accept it as the norm.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:He's referring to Studs, hardcore Lesbians.

Really? Most of our gender based problems are due to lesbians?

I don't think that's what he was saying.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Know what else you shouldn't hit?

A DEAD HORSE.
Was the horse a boy or girl horse. It might or might not matter. :whistling:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Was the horse a boy or girl horse. It might or might not matter. :whistling:
Depends on if the girl horse was training mma.

Hail,

Several people in this thread have already admitted they'd "defend themselves" properly if they were in a situation where their life was on the line.  No matter the situation.  Sure, if my life was on the line, I'd defend myself.

I'm what you would consider an "average Joe" in size (6'0, 180 pounds, not particularly sturdy in build, nor have I ever taken a single self-defense class) yet in the completely unrealistic scenario where a female UFC fighter cornered me in the back of an alley where nobody else was present, and began lunging haymakers...well...sure.  I'd defend myself.  But I'm going to be honest: I'm not anticipating this situation ever to happen.  It's just a hunch, my man.

But in a semi-realistic scenario where a woman who is larger than I, came up to me and laid me out with a nice blow to the shnoz, I STILL wouldn't hit her back.  Call me a dunce.  I don't care.

So if you want to keep clinging to this "NEVER" subtopic, then go ahead and bask in the message board glory on that one.  However, It surely feels like you're arguing for the sake of arguing, just to "win" the argument.  It's a bit strange, and I'll be sure to keep this in mind in the future.  I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to somebody like yourself.

Now when it comes to THE TOPIC AT HAND, the male player didn't have to swing back. He knew the type of damage he could do.  His life was not on the line.  They're both at fault here.

Quote:Hail,

Several people in this thread have already admitted they'd "defend themselves" properly if they were in a situation where their life was on the line.  No matter the situation.  Sure, if my life was on the line, I'd defend myself.

I'm what you would consider an "average Joe" in size (6'0, 180 pounds, not particularly sturdy in build, nor have I ever taken a single self-defense class) yet in the completely unrealistic scenario where a female UFC fighter cornered me in the back of an alley where nobody else was present, and began lunging haymakers...well...sure.  I'd defend myself.  But I'm going to be honest: I'm not anticipating this situation ever to happen.  It's just a hunch, my man.

But in a semi-realistic scenario where a woman who is larger than I, came up to me and laid me out with a nice blow to the shnoz, I STILL wouldn't hit her back.  Call me a dunce.  I don't care.

So if you want to keep clinging to this "NEVER" subtopic, then go ahead and bask in the message board glory on that one.  However, It surely feels like you're arguing for the sake of arguing, just to "win" the argument.  It's a bit strange, and I'll be sure to keep this in mind in the future.  I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to somebody like yourself.

Now when it comes to THE TOPIC AT HAND, the male player didn't have to swing back. He knew the type of damage he could do.  His life was not on the line.  They're both at fault here.

Hi nail, meet head.

Quote:Was the horse a boy or girl horse. It might or might not matter. :whistling:

Apparently there's a twist to that premise if the horse is lesbian.  

(shrug) I haven't figured it out either.

I'd let Gina Carano work me over.

So, when I've been saying I'd hit it all this time, was I right or wrong? Confusedweat:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:So, when I've been saying I'd hit it all this time, was I right or wrong? Confusedweat:

Its just another example of the pro-patriarchal, hetero-normative paradigm on display through an unconscious expression of male privilege.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I agree, opening doors, paying for dinner, taking a girl to a movie and paying for it....all sexist.  We are all sexist.

LOL, this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

And if you don't see a discrete difference in circumstances between courting behavior and competitive behavior then you're intentionally being obtuse. When a man is trying to win a woman the behaviors are different than when a man and a woman are competing for the same prize. If a girl drives down the lane are you going to be as aggressive to block her as you would a guy? Are you going to box her out with a hip check like you would a man? Or are you going to take it easy on her because she's a girl (when you most certainly wouldn't if it were just a smaller guy)? The answer says more about your opinions on the "fairer sex" than mine. And opening doors? You telling me you've never held the door open for a guy before? Never picked up the tab when out with your friends? I doubt it. That's just common decency by polite people.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Know what else you shouldn't hit?

A DEAD HORSE.

You shouldn't keep hitting it either!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You shouldn't keep hitting it either!! :thumbsup:

If it's lesbian it won't let me.

Quote:If it's lesbian it won't let me.

You one of those tiny little men he keeps talking about? Wink

Quote:You one of those tiny little men he keeps talking about? Wink

Those are the guys who don't get called back after the first time they hit a girl.

Quote:Those are the guys who don't get called back after the first time they hit a girl.

Shameful!!

Quote:Shameful!!

Poor fellas...

Quote:Poor fellas...

I agree!! :woot: