Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
King James

Quote:You probably wont remember this, but the Wade/Bosh/Lebron deal was really the first time younger guys took pay cuts to try and win a title.  Before that it had always been aging players trying to get a ring.

Collusion!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Where did I say it had to be max contract players? There are a lot of very nice supporting-cast type players in between Leon Powe level and Max Contract level. For example, Trevor Ariza signed with Houston for the MLE (Mid-Level Exception) for 5 years. If the Cavs would have offered Ariza that same contract, Ariza would would signed with the Cavs. The Cavs were offering the MLE but refused to do the 5 year contract.

The only links you gave do nothing but prove how inept that front office was at managing a roster. Thanks for supporting my point.

Quote:You probably wont remember this, but the Wade/Bosh/Lebron deal was really the first time younger guys took pay cuts to try and win a title.  Before that it had always been aging players trying to get a ring.

Not many teams went out and signed a big money free agent to try and get a winning team.  There are still salary cap implications that you dont want to acknowledge.

I'm very well educated in the financial aspects of the NBA. Trust me, I've been face-palming over Joe Dumars for the past decade.

Quote:umm that was also the very first year Pippen was that caliber a player, before then he was just a decent role player. Jordan leaving actually was a big reason Pippen was able to up his game. Prior to that season Pippen was not the same player and to say he was is an insult to the development he accomplished.

Just stop.

Quote:Just stop.
let me revise a lil bit.  Pippen was an above average starter on the verge of being a star player in a league that was full of talent at the time.  Pippen had some holes in his offensive game up until about 91 is more what i was getting at.  That team grew together at the perfect time and when Jordan played baseball it showed Pippen was a playoff baller but not a superstar.  He was a very solid #2 on a team that had the best #1 the sport has ever seen.

Anyways isn't this thread about a a player who has a losing record in the finals that refers to himself as the king.

Quote:let me revise a lil bit.  Pippen was an above average starter on the verge of being a star player in a league that was full of talent at the time.  Pippen had some holes in his offensive game up until about 91 is more what i was getting at.  That team grew together at the perfect time and when Jordan played baseball it showed Pippen was a playoff baller but not a superstar.  He was a very solid #2 on a team that had the best #1 the sport has ever seen.

Anyways isn't this thread about a a player who has a losing record in the finals that refers to himself as the king.

I still don't agree with this.  Just because you have the worlds best player in front of you, doesn't mean you are a star.  Trying to change the subject isn't going to help much either....threads can evolve.

I stole this, but....Considered one of the best small forwards of all time, Pippen was named to the NBA All Defensive Team eight consecutive times and the All NBA First Team three times. He was a seven-time NBA All Star and was the NBA All-Star Game MVP in 1994. He was named one of the 50 Greatest players in NBA history during the 1996-1997 season.  Typically everyone evolves as they develop and mature, but Pippen was a star from the get go, he was just over shadowed.

Pippen is easily top 50, and probably top 25 of all time.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:he was just over shadowed.
I can agree with that.  I obviously have the Jordan blinders on.  Those two had tremendous complimentary games toward each other.

Had Pippen been on another team he would've been leading that team against Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs or finals He was easily one of the "next best" in the NBA no matter where he played.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato