Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brother Cane

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 09:38 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Anyone remember these guys? Late 90's this was one of their singles. Very underrated band. 

Good live sound, too.  Song starts at :17

http://youtu.be/yJ-TxlD1OMU

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Buckcherry ripped off Brother Cane's sound. 

Quote:Anyone remember these guys? Late 90's this was one of their singles. Very underrated band. 

Good live sound, too.  Song starts at :17

http://youtu.be/yJ-TxlD1OMU

I thought I was the only one who liked this song.  And Fools Shine On, I guess.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I thought I was the only one who liked this song.  And Fools Shine On, I guess.

I think that song in the video is [BAD WORD REMOVED] awesome! So 90's....but sooo good, too. :thumbsup:

And Fools Shine on was decent, but I like the above one better. 

Thats also a very cool venue that they are playing there. I think its in Colorado?..

Quote:I think that song in the video is [BAD WORD REMOVED] awesome! So 90's....but sooo good, too. :thumbsup:

And Fools Shine on was decent, but I like the above one better. 

Thats also a very cool venue that they are playing there. I think its in Colorado?..

Yeah, that's Red Rocks Amphitheater.  I've wanted to go see a concert there for years.  I watched a live broadcast on AXS of Big Head Todd and the Monsters playing there.  What a fantastic show.  That's another great live band.  

Quote:Yeah, that's Red Rocks Amphitheater.  I've wanted to go see a concert there for years.  I watched a live broadcast on AXS of Big Head Todd and the Monsters playing there.  What a fantastic show.  That's another great live band.  

We share good musical taste B)  I like that band as well. 

Brother Cane was a good band. I had forgot all about them

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 11:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Brother Cane was a good band. I had forgot all about them

They were actually still playing gigs as of 2012 (smaller venues)....they still might be. 

I'd go see them if I get the chance as long as the band lineup was the same. 

another 

http://youtu.be/E39ckUBOrO0

They were another one of those flash in the pan bands that put out some decent music but never really took off. 

I've got a music collection filled with thousands of albums by great bands who never quite took off. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Buckcherry ripped off Brother Cane's sound. 

Well, they are both blues oriented 3 chord rock, but I find the 2 bands pretty different.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, they are both blues oriented 3 chord rock, but I find the 2 bands pretty different.

They are different, or well....became different, anyway. 

Buckcherry evolved into a heavier sound (i.e. "Crazy [BAD WORD REMOVED]") , but around the time of 1998, when Buckcherry broke out, I felt they had similarity in sound to 'Cane. Part of that was also having similar sounding lead singers, too I guess.

Hell, Cinderella are/ (were) blues oriented 3 chord rock too..., and they sounded nothing like either of the above, lol.....so its not just that aspect. Laughing

Quote:They were another one of those flash in the pan bands that put out some decent music but never really took off. 

I've got a music collection filled with thousands of albums by great bands who never quite took off. 
Apparently when bands take off and a lot of people start to like them that is when they are no longer any good. So this was a good thing for them, I guess.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"