Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man Catches Incredible 482-Pound Fish (Photos)

Man Catches Incredible 482-Pound Fish (Photos)

A 76-year-old California man was on a fishing trip in Alaska when he reeled in what he calls the “catch of a lifetime.”

Jack McGuire says he was fishing with some friends when he got in a 40-minute-long battle with a fish that he knew was bigger than average.

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/m...ac5WV.dpuf

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meh.  I once caught a fish so big the picture weighed seven pounds.

I've been halibut fishing before. The ones we caught were probably in the 50-100 lb range. I can't imagine the fight a 485 lb fish would put up.

Halibut is good eating fish too. Not sure if one that big would be that good, but Halibut is good in general.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Holy cow that's a big fish!  I wonder how old something like that is for it to get that big?  I'd think it would have to be old and as Dakota said one that big/old probably wouldn't be the best eating but that's a lot of meat if you chose to. I couldn't imagine the fight that thing must have put up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When you catch a 500-lbs. Halibut, it makes you wonder what else is out there that we don't know about.

When you've got to shoot and harpoon a fish to finish the job, you've landed a monster.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Halibut is good eating fish too. Not sure if one that big would be that good, but Halibut is good in general.

It would definitely taste bad

like anything else, if they get too old, they get yucky