Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Strain

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2014, 06:56 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:I'm such a doofus. I've been seeing the promos for weeks and telling myself it's a must see when it starts. Then I realized last night while I was watching an episode of The Americans I've had recorded for months that, well, the ads for The Strain were months old. So I missed all episodes so far. The good news is that I can stream them via DirecTV's on demand service. The bad news is they are missing episode 3, and they are not one of the TV providers that allows streaming episodes from the FX web site.

Finding fx shows Online is impossible I used to buy SoA on iTunes they have fx shows for sale there also amazon prime
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I envy people who get scared watching movies and tv.  

Quote:Finding fx shows Online is impossible I used to buy SoA on iTunes they have fx shows for sale there also amazon prime

I power-watched three seasons of SoA on Netflix 2 weeks before season 4 began. That show got its hooks in me.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I power-watched three seasons of SoA on Netflix 2 weeks before season 4 began. That show got its hooks in me.

Without a doubt the best show on tv in a loooonnnggg time

Quote:I power-watched three seasons of SoA on Netflix 2 weeks before season 4 began. That show got its hooks in me.
Just in time for the final season. 

FX has had some great shows over the years.  They really picked up where HBO left off with shows like the Sopranos.  SoA is just one.  The Shield was another show they had that was terrific.  Justified, Archer, and The Bridge are great shows.  Their new offering, Tyrant, is pretty good as well.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Just in time for the final season. 

FX has had some great shows over the years.  They really picked up where HBO left off with shows like the Sopranos.  SoA is just one.  The Shield was another show they had that was terrific.  Justified, Archer, and The Bridge are great shows.  Their new offering, Tyrant, is pretty good as well.

I worded my post awkwardly, I meant to say I power watched three seasons in two weeks to catch up to season 4. I haven't missed an episode since. Season 7 is the final chapter? That's good, I hate shows that extend the story line just to keep the revenues pouring in.

Imagine TV without FX and AMC.

- Bob Marley

I am going to be so disappointed if Ian McShane doesn't at least make a cameo on SoA.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm very interested. Especially because Guillermo del Toro is attached to it. Looks like its good based on the comments in this thread. 

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 11:37 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:I worded my post awkwardly, I meant to say I power watched three seasons in two weeks to catch up to season 4. I haven't missed an episode since. Season 7 is the final chapter? That's good, I hate shows that extend the story line just to keep the revenues pouring in.

yup that's my two channel's FX and AMC.

edit: TNT and USA have some decent shows I like as well

Quote:I worded my post awkwardly, I meant to say I power watched three seasons in two weeks to catch up to season 4. I haven't missed an episode since. Season 7 is the final chapter? That's good, I hate shows that extend the story line just to keep the revenues pouring in.

Understood.  It's a great show, and in reading some of the leaks about what the first few episodes are about, SoA is going out with a bang. 

FX and AMC have really been extremely solid in their original programming over the past several years. It looks like TNT is really trying to jump into that mix with some of their shows over the past few years.  These cable networks are cranking out far better quality shows than anything the networks are creating. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tyrant is great. The Strain  is as well, however did they have to mix in the concentration camp stuff in? Other than that, those long nasty tongues sucking out the innards of the victims? Not bad for television.

Tried to get into The Honorable Woman. Its too drawn out imo.But what a coincidence with the recent Gaza situation...almost prophetic. Long scenes with background cello music is a cure for insomnia.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Tyrant is great. The Strain  is as well, however did they have to mix in the concentration camp stuff in? Other than that, those long nasty tongues sucking out the innards of the victims? Not bad for television.

Tried to get into The Honorable Woman. Its too drawn out imo.But what a coincidence with the recent Gaza situation...almost prophetic. Long scenes with background cello music is a cure for insomnia.

The concentration camp stuff explains where the old guy got his first exposure to the beast.  It's kind of integral to the storyline. 

Quote:The concentration camp stuff explains where the old guy got his first exposure to the beast.  It's kind of integral to the storyline. 
I understand. But it could have gotten it any other way....like a trip to the Kremlin. The Vatican. Middle East...Bethlehem. 

Anyway...just nit picking

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I understand. But it could have gotten it any other way....like a trip to the Kremlin. The Vatican. Middle East...Bethlehem. 

Anyway...just nit picking
Evidently not.  Not sure why it bothers you. 

Quote:Just in time for the final season. 

I loved Fargo

Quote:I loved Fargo
Fargo is another good one. 

Quote:Fargo is another good one. 

Because I recorded Fargo and finished the series well after it actually aired, I avoided reading any reviews or recaps. It was not until after viewing the final episode that I learned the opening text, about it being based on actual events, was bogus. That news relieved me, as I was wondering what rock I was living under when all that stuff happened.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Because I recorded Fargo and finished the series well after it actually aired, I avoided reading any reviews or recaps. It was not until after viewing the final episode that I learned the opening text, about it being based on actual events, was bogus. That news relieved me, as I was wondering what rock I was living under when all that stuff happened.

Ha i must have missed that i kept asking myself why I hadn't heard about any of this while watching the show?

Quote:Because I recorded Fargo and finished the series well after it actually aired, I avoided reading any reviews or recaps. It was not until after viewing the final episode that I learned the opening text, about it being based on actual events, was bogus. That news relieved me, as I was wondering what rock I was living under when all that stuff happened.
Yeah, that was a clever little twist they did with the show by spinning it as a true story.  I thought the same thing until I did a quick Google and discovered that was a hoax. 

Finally caught up with this series yesterday. Pretty awesome so far. Looking forward to more.