Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terrance Knighton signs with Bridgestone

I went into a Tires Plus years ago to get my front end aligned. The next thing I know they have my hood open and a 'technician' approaches me to say that he noticed the car seemed to run a little rough as he pulled it around to the maintenance bay. Of course he recommended a full tune up. Even after I informed him that I had just personally changed out the plugs, wires, and fuel filter, he insisted that I might have gotten "something wrong". The car ran fine. I told him I would be watching and that no one better be monkeying around under the hood. Needless to say I never went back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol tires plus they'll tell you the wind had an adverse effect on the tires to get out of full warranties.

Any tire shop will tell you anything to sell warranties. I witnessed the pre-mature treading when detailing the tires first hand, they explained the difference in rubber quality.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I went into a Tires Plus years ago to get my front end aligned. The next thing I know they have my hood open and a 'technician' approaches me to say that he noticed the car seemed to run a little rough as he pulled it around to the maintenance bay. Of course he recommended a full tune up. Even after I informed him that I had just personally changed out the plugs, wires, and fuel filter, he insisted that I might have gotten "something wrong". The car ran fine. I told him I would be watching and that no one better be monkeying around under the hood. Needless to say I never went back.

Tires Plus is notorious for doing stuff like that.  I went and bought tires from them years ago and they pulled the same stunt with me.  Nothing like the art of the up sell in places like that. I dreaded having to go back to them for the rotations and balancing after that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The best tires for Accords especially for people customizing their cars (drag racing) are Pirelli or Goodyear. 

I got the Michelins on my Mustang  and I just put them on my F150. I had Cooper before and I noticed the handling is much smoother.

I had Coopers on my truck and they were decent tires, but the Michelin's are better handling and not nearly as noisy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Tires Plus is notorious for doing stuff like that. I went and bought tires from them years ago and they pulled the same stunt with me. Nothing like the art of the up sell in places like that. I dreaded having to go back to them for the rotations and balancing after that.

There's a Sun Tires store near me that my family has been patronizing for quite a while. They're honest and straightforward. But they only deal with the underside of the car so no up sells. I've heard good things about Tire Kingdom, especially the one on Blanding just down from the mall, but I've never been myself.

Quote:I had Coopers on my truck and they were decent tires, but the Michelin's are better handling and not nearly as noisy.

Michelin is a premium tire, but $$.

Quote:Michelin is a premium tire, but $$.

You get what you pay for.  If I'm squeezing another 20k miles out of  a tire, I'm saving money in the long run. 

I'm about 20K miles into a set of Bridgestone Turanza all season tires and I have no complaints and no early or uneven wear as of yet. 

Quote:There's a Sun Tires store near me that my family has been patronizing for quite a while. They're honest and straightforward. But they only deal with the underside of the car so no up sells. I've heard good things about Tire Kingdom, especially the one on Blanding just down from the mall, but I've never been myself.
I actually started shopping at Sun Tire a few years ago because they were the most straight forward place I had spoken to.  They didn't sneak in all sorts of extras, or run these ridiculous specials that are never quite what they seem, like buy 3 tires and get one free *with the purchase of a premium alignment for your vehicle.

Quote:Any tire shop will tell you anything to sell warranties. I witnessed the pre-mature treading when detailing the tires first hand, they explained the difference in rubber quality.

I'm in Automotive and with a doubt the #1 place to get ripped off at is Tires Plus.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I actually started shopping at Sun Tire a few years ago because they were the most straight forward place I had spoken to.  They didn't sneak in all sorts of extras, or run these ridiculous specials that are never quite what they seem, like buy 3 tires and get one free *with the purchase of a premium alignment for your vehicle.

Sun Tire is an excellent organization, I actually purchase alot of my equipment from their Mighty Franchise they run on the wholesale side of things.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014, 05:40 PM by EricC85.)

I like Coopers I've had a good experience with most of their lines be it MasterCraft, Starfire, or Cooper no complaints here. Also Toyo's but their getting pretty pricey are good.

Quote:I like Coopers I've had a good experience with most of their lines be it MasterCraft, Starfire, or Cooper no complaints here. Also Toyo's but their getting pretty pricey are good.

I bought a set of Coopers a few months ago from discount tire. No complaints here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'm in Automotive and with a doubt the #1 place to get ripped off at is Tires Plus.

My job has a business account with Tires plus, we go there to purchase products. 

I work on my vehicles, and if its anything that needs to be programmed, or balanced I usually go to the dealership. 

Im my own mechanic so I rarely let anyone else mess with my car when it comes to repairs. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:My job has a business account with Tires plus, we go there to purchase products.

I work on my vehicles, and if its anything that needs to be programmed, or balanced I usually go to the dealership.

Im my own mechanic so I rarely let anyone else mess with my car when it comes to repairs.

That's one of the best skills to learn being able to work on your own car will save you a fortune

Quote:Sun Tire is an excellent organization, I actually purchase alot of my equipment from their Mighty Franchise they run on the wholesale side of things.
Plus, they're local.  It's good to support the local companies. 

So you think their prices are inflated?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

At least he comes with a built in spare... :woot:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Michelins are the best

totally worth the money

Quote:Michelins are the best

totally worth the money
Yup.  You get what you pay for.