Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD talks to much

Quote:MJD sucker punched him at The Conch house.
He's allowed to do that, he's a celebrity.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is a stretch for anyone to construe this as a dig on the Jaguars.

His stated rationale for London being deserving of an NFL team reads, in relevant part: 

"I think the fans deserve it and London deserves it because it is a great city."

At face value, neither Jacksonville nor the Jaguars are mentioned at all by MJD.

It is difficult to envision any subtle, tacit dig at Jacksonville or the Jaguars in his words.

If you assert he means the fans in London deserve a team because of their support, and by implication Jacksonville does not deserve a team based on a comparative lack of support, then he can't make that argument against Jacksonville without it applying to his childhood team and current employer Oakland. 

Since the Raiders have returned to Oakland, they have had LONG strings of blackouts.  Actually, blackouts have been problematic in Oakland for decades.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/20...ches-nine/

Yes, tarps have helped the Jaguars avoid blackouts, but Oakland's use of tarps has been even more extreme.  The Raiders tarped off their stadium for a maximum capacity of 53,000, 14,000 lower than the Jaguars seating capacity at Everbank.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakla...nce-020613

The second prong is London being deserving of an NFL team because it is a "great city."  If the implication is that Jacksonville is NOT a great city and therefore not deserving of an NFL team, that is problematic on several levels.

First it presumes all NFL cities are "great" cities or that being a "great" city is a prerequisite to having an NFL team.  I can assure you most NFL cities has its share of detractors, including Oakland.

Furthermore, it's a subjective term.  A person for whom warm climate and weather are important may value Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa and San Diego to London, Cleveland or Buffalo.  A person who prefers a vibrant nightlife may prefer New York or Miami to Jacksonville or Green Bay.

I don't see how MJD could imply anything negative about Jacksonville in the above comments, especially considering it would throw his own team and town under the bus.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 01:37 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:Obviously somebody hit you on the head at some point in time.

Go take a nap. It must be exhausting to consistently get worked over and over again. 

Quote:He's allowed to do that, he's a celebrity.

No, he's not. He is allowed to speak his mind, however. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Go take a nap. It must be exhausting to consistently get worked over and over.
What fantasy world do you live in? Think about how DUMB what you said is...I mean, if you're capable of that.

He has more of a right than I do to speak his opinion because 'he's a celebrity'. Boy, of all the idiotic logic. Incredible.

Now run off and play with your shoes little girl.

Quote:It is a stretch for anyone to construe this as a dig on the Jaguars.

His stated rationale for London being deserving of an NFL team reads, in relevant part:

"I think the fans deserve it and London deserves it because it is a great city."

At face value, neither Jacksonville nor the Jaguars are mentioned at all by MJD.

It is difficult to envision any subtle, tacit dig at Jacksonville or the Jaguars in his words.

If you assert he means the fans in London deserve a team because of their support, and by implication Jacksonville does not deserve a team based on a comparative lack of support, then he can't make that argument against Jacksonville without it applying to his childhood team and current employer Oakland.

Since the Raiders have returned to Oakland, they have had LONG strings of blackouts. Actually, blackouts have been problematic in Oakland for decades.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/09/30/blackout-streak-reaches-nine/'>http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/09/30/blackout-streak-reaches-nine/</a>

Yes, tarps have helped the Jaguars avoid blackouts, but Oakland's use of tarps has been even more extreme. The Raiders tarped off their stadium for a maximum capacity of 53,000, 14,000 lower than the Jaguars seating capacity at Everbank.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-tarping-off-upper-deck-reduce-capacity-more-sellouts-enhance-fan-experience-020613'>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-tarping-off-upper-deck-reduce-capacity-more-sellouts-enhance-fan-experience-020613</a>

The second prong is London being deserving of an NFL team because it is a "great city." If the implication is that Jacksonville is NOT a great city and therefore not deserving of an NFL team, that is problematic on several levels.

First it presumes all NFL cities are "great" cities or that being a "great" city is a prerequisite to having an NFL team. I can assure you most NFL cities has its share of detractors, including Oakland.

Furthermore, it's a subjective term. A person for whom warm climate and weather are important may value Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa and San Diego to London, Cleveland or Buffalo. A person who prefers a vibrant nightlife may prefer New York or Miami to Jacksonville or Green Bay.

I don't see how MJD could imply anything negative about Jacksonville in the above comments, especially considering it would throw his own team and town under the bus.

Any time a raiders fan dares to mention Jaguars use of tarps I'm always happy to show them this:

[Image: photo_0_standard_709_0.jpg]

How do you tarp off an entire upper deck?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Again, who cares what he thinks about London?  I'm not sure why people get so worked up about this stuff.  Did he say the Jaguars should go and I missed it?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What fantasy world do you live in? Think about how DUMB what you said is...I mean, if you're capable of that.

He has more of a right than I do to speak his opinion because 'he's a celebrity'. Boy, of all the idiotic logic. Incredible.

Now run off and play with your shoes little girl.

He's a celebrity. He has more power than any of us. That's exactly, what I'm saying. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He's a celebrity. He has more power than any of us. That's exactly, what I'm saying. 
MJD has celebrity power?  Really? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:He's a celebrity. He has more power than any of us. That's exactly, what I'm saying.
Wow.

Quote:Any time a raiders fan dares to mention Jaguars use of tarps I'm always happy to show them this:

[Image: photo_0_standard_709_0.jpg]

How do you tarp off an entire upper deck?

And then to have not one syllable mentioned about it during a game broadcast.  That still rankles me.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 07:40 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:MJD has celebrity power?  Really? 

Yes. 

Quote:Wow.

It's alright, go take a nap.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Yes.

You've already said that.

It was dumb the first time as well.

So mjd is an xman? What special powers does he have? Hello! I'm MJD. I'll speak words at you! But I warn you, they will hurt more because I'm a celebrity!

Uh! No MJD! Don't speak your superlative phrases to me!!

Quote:So mjd is an xman? What special powers does he have? Hello! I'm MJD. I'll speak words at you! But I warn you, they will hurt more because I'm a celebrity!

Uh! No MJD! Don't speak your superlative phrases to me!!
You just scared me.

I won't be wearing my sunglasses.

I'll be in disguise.

Quote:You just scared me.

I won't be wearing my sunglasses.

I'll be in disguise.
Don't be scared. I'm not MJD. I'm not gonna spot you and at BT and punch you. Keep the shades on. It's florida we have lots of sun. You really ought to wear polarized sunglasses anytime your outside. Especially if your hiding a mojo shiner.

Quote:You've already said that.

It was dumb the first time as well.

You don't listen very well.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You don't listen very well.
Uh, I think it's pretty obvious you've lost kid.

Have you gotten your new shoes for the next school year? What did you get?

lol

Quote:Yes. 

What kind of power would that be exactly?

Quote:What kind of power would that be exactly?

The power to make people take naps.  Tommy doesn't have that power since he's not a celebrity.