Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stone Temple Pilots

Quote:Awesome.

I really missed out on all the good live acts of the 90's, being born in 1990.

I feel for ya, man.... most popular music today is horrible. You don't get bands like STP anymore. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember when STP came out people were saying they sounded like and copied Pearl Jam, even though they started as a band earlier then Pearl Jam.  

I need to download some STP.  I used to have their greatest hits, but don't know what happen to it.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I remember when STP came out people were saying they sounded like and copied Pearl Jam, even though they started as a band earlier then Pearl Jam.  

I need to download some STP.  I used to have their greatest hits, but don't know what happen to it.

I remember people saying that too. I never understood what the hell they were talking about. They usually referenced "Plush" when saying that and that song sounds nothing like anything Pearl Jam's ever done. 

Quote:I remember people saying that too. I never understood what the hell they were talking about. They usually referenced "Plush" when saying that and that song sounds nothing like anything Pearl Jam's ever done.

Critics said that about nearly every early 90's rock band at the time. I never got it either.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014, 10:42 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:....

STP are from your neck of the woods, (well relatively speaking) as they're from San Diego, right?

Mad season was great as well

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014, 11:09 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Mad season was great as well

Yeah....that was the Layne Staley side project, right? They did have a few songs I liked back then. I didn't get the album though. Was it good?? (I'm assuming you got it?) AIC were never even close to being the same without him, IMO. 

If you don't have Mad seasons album, you should definitely get it. Artificial Red is one of the songs on the album, and it's one of my favorite songs of all time. Layne Staley really shines on that album.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

A Zeppelin-esque STP tune:

http://youtu.be/PUM1ppf44j4

STPs first album is awesome but i can listen to purple over and over again and not get tired of it. One of the few followup albums that i think is better than the first.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Quote:STPs first album is awesome but i can listen to purple over and over again and not get tired of it. One of the few followup albums that i think is better than the first.

I think Core is one of the 10 best albums of all time. 

WHile I don't think Purple is better, I agree that its a fine follow up in its own right, and one you can listen to from start to finish and enjoy just about every song. 

Quote:STP are from your neck of the woods, (well relatively speaking) as they're from San Diego, right?

Yep, as was Eddie Vedder.

Quote:Yeah....that was the Layne Staley side project, right? They did have a few songs I liked back then. I didn't get the album though. Was it good?? (I'm assuming you got it?) AIC were never even close to being the same without him, IMO.

Good God man, you don't have Mad Season's album!? DL it today. These days I probably listen to them more than I do AIC, and AIC was my absolute favorite band bar none for a long period of time.

Quote:  

Yep, as was Eddie Vedder.

Good God man, you don't have Mad Season's album!? DL it today. These days I probably listen to them more than I do AIC, and AIC was my absolute favorite band bar none for a long period of time.

Yeah, I'll have to give it a listen.

Wicked Garden.....

'nough said.
Signature goes here.

I liked them, at least their first couple of releases. I never bought into the comparisons with Pearl Jam although there was some superficial similaraties. They stood on their own in my opinion.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Too bad Weiland was kicked to the curb for playing too much Heroin Hero. Awesome band.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Too bad Weiland was kicked to the curb for playing too much Heroin Hero. Awesome band.

I think at some point he'll return. 

Bennington is not a good fit. 

Stone Temple Pilots are a world better than Kraftwerk, I'll give you that.

I kid, TMD, I kid.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Stone Temple Pilots are a world better than Kraftwerk, I'll give you that.

I kid, TMD, I kid.

haha, well of course they are. 

Kraftwerk wasn't even a real "favorite" of mine. I do like some of their stuff, and do respect that they pretty much are the pioneers of a lot of the electronic music trance/ techno/ and what not that you have heard over the decades leading up to now.