Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marine Pilot Caught on Camera Making Emergency Landing on a Stool …and He Totally Nailed It

Marine Pilot Caught on Camera Making Emergency Landing on a Stool …and He Totally Nailed It

As you can tell in the video above, we have some truly talented heroes out there. This, from The Aviationist
:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/151966-m...ly-nailed/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He landed on poop?

His new handle should be Pigeon.

it reads like he's landing while on the toilet 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

An Harrier Jet... Awesome...

"Siemper Fiedelis" (Always Faithfull)

Oooooh Rahhhhh!!!

Once A Marine, Always A Marine...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I love the fact they had a stool ready. Clearly, somewhere an engineer realized this might become an issue. I like to think the idea came to him while standing in the shower. 

Speaking of engineers, I just helped my son change out the thermostat in his car.  On most cars it's a very simple task.  Maybe a hose clamp and two bolts.  His car?  Noooooo.  It only reinforced my long-held belief that once a year an engineer should be marched out in front of an assemblage of his colleagues...and SHOT.  Maintainers everywhere would then marvel at the ease with which machines could be repaired.  

Quote:Speaking of engineers, I just helped my son change out the thermostat in his car.  On most cars it's a very simple task.  Maybe a hose clamp and two bolts.  His car?  Noooooo.  It only reinforced my long-held belief that once a year an engineer should be marched out in front of an assemblage of his colleagues...and SHOT.  Maintainers everywhere would then marvel at the ease with which machines could be repaired.  

must be a VW the German cars are the worst! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:must be a VW the German cars are the worst! 

Sadly, it's a good ol' GM.  The most pleasantly I've been surprised when working on a car was a Mazda.  They actually machined in access points to bolts that were difficult to get a socket or wrench onto.  The worst I've ever worked on is my wife's Honda CRV.  I've never thought an alternator could be so difficult to replace.  I actually paid a guy to swap out the starter because I didn't want to deal with the frustration.  A starter!

I was going to venture a Jeep Cherokee.

Quote:Speaking of engineers, I just helped my son change out the thermostat in his car.  On most cars it's a very simple task.  Maybe a hose clamp and two bolts.  His car?  Noooooo.  It only reinforced my long-held belief that once a year an engineer should be marched out in front of an assemblage of his colleagues...and SHOT.  Maintainers everywhere would then marvel at the ease with which machines could be repaired.  

While I understand your frustration, as an Engineer myself I feel as if your proposal is too extreme. Now if you want the guy to work on the machine that he designed, that's another story and one that I can totally get behind.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:While I understand your frustration, as an Engineer myself I feel as if your proposal is too extreme. Now if you want the guy to work on the machine that he designed, that's another story and one that I can totally get behind.

I meant shot with a Nerf gun. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was merely venting. No offense intended, sir.