Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Rooting" For Teams Other Than Yours

Quote:They do?

It's much worse in south Florida where the snow birds congregate. I've been told that we'd have to resort to selling pencils on the corner if it wasn't for the kindness of our northern neighbors who live here part of the year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Because the Jaguars are only entering their 20th season,  it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the team's fan base has at least some rooting interest in another team.  

With people that moved to the Jacksonville area,  that became Jaguars fans,  my guess is most of them had a stronger rooting interest in another team when they first arrived in Jacksonville.  

I was a big Falcon fan from 1966 to 1995. Was real easy for me to switch for some reason. Auburn in college and anyone playing Alabama is always my favorite team.

I really despise everyone else in the NFL except my Jags

Spent half my childhood in Philly and the other Hal in Chicago, been in florida for 15 years now and am a die hard jag fan. I think a lot of transplants like myself will convert in time. For me, I'm a home town man. So once I moved here I was a jag fan because it was home for me. I can't root for the bears or eagles anymore because that isn't home. Once the jags have been here for 30 or 40 years I think you'll have fans like one said earlier in Pittsburgh. And other cities.

Quote:Spent half my childhood in Philly and the other Hal in Chicago, been in florida for 15 years now and am a die hard jag fan. I think a lot of transplants like myself will convert in time. For me, I'm a home town man. So once I moved here I was a jag fan because it was home for me. I can't root for the bears or eagles anymore because that isn't home. Once the jags have been here for 30 or 40 years I think you'll have fans like one said earlier in Pittsburgh. And other cities.

^^ This. ^^

Diehard Jags fan even though I lived in Philly for 27 years. Getting close to even, been in Jax for 23 now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Born in New Orleans, raised in Jacksonville.

Jaguars first, but also a life long Saints fan.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 06:17 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Grew up in a weird part of the state where it's roughly:

60% Packer fans

30% Lions fans

8% Vikings and Bears fans

2% Other

Up until I was 6, my dad was a Lions fan.... Mom a Packers fan.... closest relatives/best friend Vikings fan. My clothes were Packers, if I watched football with my dad it was the Lions, if I watched football with my cousins it was Vikings. Meanwhile, I liked using Oakland (Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson) on TECMO Super Bowl.

Then, when when I was 6, in the summer of 1995, we took a family vacation to Florida. Saw the team being talked about a lot and loved their logo and teal and black colors. My dad bought a Jaguars football down there thinking the fad would pass. 1 year later I was subscribed to the Cool Cats Club. 20 years, 3 Brunell, 1 Taylor, and 1 Blackmon jersey later I'm still a diehard Jags fan.

Since then, I have grown to love all Michigan sports teams (Tigers, Red Wings, Wolverines, Pistons) and therefor root for the Lions, too. The Jaguars are by far my #1 team, but I'd love to see a Jags vs Lions Super Bowl.

You guys are a lot older than me. I was born in Jacksonville during the Jaguars inaugural season. 

Once the playoffs come around I typically root for an NFC team, but I'm never really invested in it. I usually go for the Giants when they're in there, because I really like Eli.

I've lived in a number of NFL cities and my loyalty lies with the current NFL team, because they receive my entertainment time and funds. I still follow the fortunes of my past teams, but the Jags are #1 now.

St. Louis Cardinals fan first.

Washington Nationals fan second.

Regards.................the Chiefjag