Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What coach do you prefer?
Kyle Shanahan
Doug Marrone
Tom Coughlin
Josh McDaniels
Todd Haley
Jim Bob Cooter
Mike Smith
Other - If so please reply with a name and I can add.
Matt Patricia
David Toub
David Shaw
P.J. Fleck
Sean Payton
Teryl Austin
Bill Cowher
Edgar Bennett
John Harbaugh
Bill Callahan
Jon Gruden
[Show Results]

Which Coach you want to get hired?

Quote:I like Marrone's historical context. Did pretty solid at Syracuse (I know .500) and then in Buffalo was trending in the right direction.  When I read about that 2014 season as well it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows during that season too.  Benched EJ Manuel mid-season then beat the Green Bay Packers.  Did lose in a playoff scenario game to a bleh Oakland team and got a freebie win vs the resting NE team.

I also like David Shaw's resume, but clearly with no NFL experience it is more risky.

Shaw is potentially the home run/flop hire.  

Marrone is probably the safe hire.

Haley/Smith would be relatively safe as well.  

Patracia falls into the David Shaw category but with even less resume of actual coaching experience, he clearly has the smarts.

A big rumored reason that marrone left buffalo is because he didnt want to play ej manuel and ownership wanted him to. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I actually think our new coach should be marone

I think TC is too old.

And the others I don't have a good gut feeling for.

Doug appears to have a good feel for our team.

And I believe we will win AFC South next year with him running the show.
TC....I think Is just too old....

Idk but I think we need a younger more energetic guy.

Kind of an imposing guy....Not necessarily a guy who gets physical with our players... But u know...a mans man

TC is too old to run a football team but Donald Trump is not too old to run the U.S.?

Tom Coughlin has the energy of a man 25 years younger.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:TC is too old to run a football team but Donald Trump is not too old to run the U.S.?

Tom Coughlin has the energy of a man 25 years younger.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

We need to move our team in a different direction.  Hiring someone that old is wrong as the younger generation is hurt by outdated ideas and practices that the older won't have to deal with.

We've wasted years not taking the team into the future, we don't need to delay it even further by getting someone in their 70's to take control.

At a certain point, the power needs to be turned over to ones who are actually in need of the changes. The old have already had their way with things, and we're left dealing with the results and picking up the pieces. 

Quote:This team needs a coach who has NFL head coacing experience. Please not anyone from college.

Regards..................the Chiefjag
Tom Coughlin was straight out of college (BC) when we hired him.

Quote:Tom Coughlin was straight out of college (BC) when we hired him.

Coughlin was on Parcell's staff before he was at BC.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:We need to move our team in a different direction.  Hiring someone that old is wrong as the younger generation is hurt by outdated ideas and practices that the older won't have to deal with.

We've wasted years not taking the team into the future, we don't need to delay it even further by getting someone in their 70's to take control.

At a certain point, the power needs to be turned over to ones who are actually in need of the changes. The old have already had their way with things, and we're left dealing with the results and picking up the pieces. 

This is pure ignorance. He's too old? The younger generation is hurt by outdated ideas? I suppose that younger generation is really hurting by Belichick's old ideas.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:We need to move our team in a different direction. Hiring someone that old is wrong as the younger generation is hurt by outdated ideas and practices that the older won't have to deal with.

I like how you say, "we," like you're subtly trying to imply that you aren't old lol
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016, 09:28 PM by TheAll22.)

P.J. Fleck is my choice 

I had the opportunity to learn from Fleck when he was at Rutgers I've never met a coach who engages intellectually with players as well as he does. I could talk deep football with him for hours and he taught me me so much in just a few conversations. Fleck prepares better than most NFL coaches, and he articulates and administers his themes and objectives to his players. I have so much confidence in his ability to lead because he combines the rah-rah with intellect and harder technical aspects of Game-Planning. Too many here might only see him as a motivator but he knows football and when you get him in the film room, he can spit out x's and o's on the NFL level. I think he will tone down the cheerleading at the next level because he understands the differences. 

The NFL experience is limited to the Buccaneers assistant staff, but he well respected there and really everywhere he goes. The knock will be his experience and youth. He's 36 and has a baby face, but I feel he could be the next diamond in the rough head coach. I normally prefer the quiet, old school stoic types and I would prefer him to be Tom's OC for a few years if I could write the narrative myself, but I don't know if Fleck would leave for an assistant job. 

Overall, Fleck represents the balance required to run a football program in today's NFL. He understands traditional football while incorporating new concepts. Fleck is organized, intentional and is an energizing motivator who get's the most out of his players. I know the jump would be hard, but I have a lot of faith in his style for this group. The players came to work for Gus because he believed in them and Fleck would bring the good aspects of that attitude while bringing better operational leadership and discipline to this team that would be the first step in finally becoming a winning organization again. 

Quote:I really wish we had a bigger sample size from Marrone.
Its kahns fault we dont. Gus should have been let go a long time ago.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016, 10:46 PM by TheFrza.)

Coughlin all the way for me. I don't think it's going to happen however, because things rarely go the way early rumors project.

I think Haley is the one to get the position because he has the reputation of being the antithesis of Bradley - tough and no nonsense

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016, 10:51 PM by TheFrza.)

Quote:Its kahns fault we dont. Gus should have been let go a long time ago.
This x 1000

It was obvious at least a year ago that Gus was not the answer

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2016, 11:07 PM by nhiverson.)

Quote:I voted Coughlin...Teryl Austin is one who could be in the mix as well

I put other for Teryl Austin aswell.
No Fun

I want Josh Mcdaniels but wouldn't hate Coughlin coming back!

I have a feeling it will be Mike Smith. I like Smith but prefer offensive coach

I like McDaniels, the guy got to the playoffs and won a game with Tebow as his QB
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:I want Josh Mcdaniels but wouldn't hate Coughlin coming back!

I have a feeling it will be Mike Smith. I like Smith but prefer offensive coach

I think it has to be an offensive coach. That's what's wrong with the team now. We need someone with an offensive mind. We seem to get no points on the board until garbage time. This has to stop.

If Doug Marrone has a dominate win over Indy I would give him a one year prove it contract. This would keep the  current coaching staff and not require relearning the offense and defensive play.

I like what I have seen from Doug and how he handled a very tough position and the results of his first week of coaching. I liked his comments after the first half that they would adjust the game plan and insure every player on the team understand what is required of them to insure the changes are excuted in the second half.  The Indy game should tell a lot about this coach and team.

Quote:P.J. Fleck is my choice

I had the opportunity to learn from Fleck when he was at Rutgers I've never met a coach who engages intellectually with players as well as he does. I could talk deep football with him for hours and he taught me me so much in just a few conversations. Fleck prepares better than most NFL coaches, and he articulates and administers his themes and objectives to his players. I have so much confidence in his ability to lead because he combines the rah-rah with intellect and harder technical aspects of Game-Planning. Too many here might only see him as a motivator but he knows football and when you get him in the film room, he can spit out x's and o's on the NFL level. I think he will tone down the cheerleading at the next level because he understands the differences.

The NFL experience is limited to the Buccaneers assistant staff, but he well respected there and really everywhere he goes. The knock will be his experience and youth. He's 36 and has a baby face, but I feel he could be the next diamond in the rough head coach. I normally prefer the quiet, old school stoic types and I would prefer him to be Tom's OC for a few years if I could write the narrative myself, but I don't know if Fleck would leave for an assistant job.

Overall, Fleck represents the balance required to run a football program in today's NFL. He understands traditional football while incorporating new concepts. Fleck is organized, intentional and is an energizing motivator who get's the most out of his players. I know the jump would be hard, but I have a lot of faith in his style for this group. The players came to work for Gus because he believed in them and Fleck would bring the good aspects of that attitude while bringing better operational leadership and discipline to this team that would be the first step in finally becoming a winning organization again.
Great comment.

Idk who flick is but you have peaqued my interest. I'ma check him out.

Thanks

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 09:21 AM by BritJag.)

Quote:Great comment.

Idk who flick is but you have peaqued my interest. I'ma check him out.

Thanks
He absolutely plugged in Fleck. It read like a success story in an organizational manual. I smiled.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

They should hire Deacon to a lucrative $30,000 a year contract.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:They should hire Deacon to a lucrative $30,000 a year contract.

Hes to dum.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]