Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA offseason thread

Quote:I'm happy. Magic extend Harris. Four years, $64 million.

Yup and are now closing in on CJ Watson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

PF Jadon Smith signs one year deal with Orlando. Journeyman.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Chris Broussard and his horrible reporting has gotten the attention of Mark Cuban.

-chris-broussards-reportin-1716747550]http://deadspin.com/mark-cuban-calls-espn-[BLEEP]-chris-broussards-reportin-1716747550

The whole situation is terrible. Sounds like Cuban and the Mavericks are getting screwed royally by Jordan and the Clippers.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 12:47 PM by TravC59.)

My take on the DeAndre Jordan situation? Business. He wasn't signed, he is fair game to do anything he wants.

Is what he did illegal in the rules of the NBA? Nope. The Clippers still held his rights, and could give him more money. That's how all this works. If Jordan is happier in LA and his decision then more power to him. In the short term, Jordan gets a bad look from some fans, but again, if he would rather be in LA then in Dallas, good for him. 

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:My take on the DeAndre Jordan situation? Business. He wasn't signed, he is fair game to do anything he wants.

Is what he did illegal in the rules of the NBA? Nope. The Clippers still held his rights, and could give him more money. That's how all this works. If Jordan is happier in LA and his decision then more power to him. In the short term, Jordan gets a bad look from some fans, but again, if he would rather be in LA then in Dallas,

for him. 

He is absolutely within his rights to do it.

It's the downside of the negotiation window. Imagine if Julius Thomas had done the same thing during the spring after agreeing to a deal with the Jaguars but only verbally.

;

;

Quote:He is absolutely within his rights to do it.

It's the downside of the negotiation window. Imagine if Julius Thomas had done the same thing during the spring after agreeing to a deal with the Jaguars but only verbally.
It would suck, and I would be really ticked off. But that's me being a fan. I am able to look at the Jordan situation objectively, and with no bias. 

The Thomas situation wouldn't have occured like this because there is no moratorium on when a player can officially sign. They can agree to a contract, but Jordan and the Mavs had to wait another week to make it official. That rule the NBA has is absolutely ridiculous.

;

Man, Stanley Johnson looks great so far in Summer League. I was weary of Van Gundy choosing Johnson over Winslow at first, but I'm warming up to it now. Granted it's just summer league, but Johnson is showing some good signs.