Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA offseason thread

Quote:They have a new regime now who look like they know what they're doing. Brilliant trade of Holiday to get the rebuild started.

I'll believe it when they start winning. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Magic

#4 Pick ->  I'm a little weary of Exum @ #4.   Haven't seen anything except for the highlights but I think he still has at least 3 years of development.   I also know that I cannot watch Jameer Nelson for another 2 years so if they pick him I guess that will be fine.   Alternative (assuming Wigging and Parker are gone) -> Noah Vonleh (the next Olajawan)

#12 Pick -> Elfrid Payton to play the point if the don't go with Exum.  Payton looks like the next Kobe (quick, nice crossover dribble, and good jump shot)

.... imagine having Olajawan and Kobe on this team !!!  works with me ---  lol

LOOKS LIKE I HAD THE #12 PICK RIGHT :thumbsup: 

Quote:What  :mellow:  !!   At #12 we can get Dario Saric, the next Dirk Nowitzki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1VAv17ZBs  :thumbsup:

GO MAGIC !!   Smartest GM in the NBA

DEJA VU -- LOOKS LIKE I HAD THE #12 PICK RIGHT AGAIN :woot: 

Quote:LOOKS LIKE I HAD THE #12 PICK RIGHT :thumbsup: 
In a round about way yup. I am happy with the way that worked out too and what the Magic got in that trade.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Because the Sixers just took a player last year that sat the year....

You really think they want to do that 2 straight years? That would be moronic. Embiid will likely wind up an injury case career wise anyway. So, yeah, actually that does sound like something the 76ers usually, do, i.e. "stupid". 

And the Pistons comparison is faulty. Monroe actually has an offensive game. Noel does NOT. Noel is essentially Dikembe Mutombo. You don't want that at the 4. It would essentially be Tyrone Hill.....and that only worked in that one particular situation. 

(sad Sixers trombine)

I really don't mind the Magic getting he next Blake Griffin and the next Kobe Bryant but I kind of feel like the pulled a Gene Smith on me.

#4 - if you really want Aaron Gordon TRADE DOWN !!!  Exum was on the board and a trade should have been made to a team that wanted him !!

#12 - With Elfrid Payton and McDormott on the board and only Philly and Utah ahead of you, why the heck would you give up a future 1st and 2nd rounder --- Philly was not taking Payton (they have MCW) and Utah is the cleanest cut team in the NBA -- there is no way they select Swaggy P (my own nickname for Payton) from LA Lafayette !!!

The Sixers have this great dream for the future but unfortunately, their fans have to pay for another year of misery.   As stated before, big guys with injuries don't mix in this day and age of the NBA -- the game is too fast to accommodate 7 foot players with bad knees, feet, and backs.

Quote:The Sixers have this great dream for the future but unfortunately, their fans have to pay for another year of misery. As stated before, big guys with injuries don't mix in this day and age of the NBA -- the game is too fast to accommodate 7 foot players with bad knees, feet, and backs.

Not many seven footers in the world

Quote:The Sixers have this great dream for the future but unfortunately, their fans have to pay for another year of misery. As stated before, big guys with injuries don't mix in this day and age of the NBA -- the game is too fast to accommodate 7 foot players with bad knees, feet, and backs.
Noel probably could have played at the end of the year last year but they saw no reason to risk it as badly as they sucked. In theory, I like what they're doing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Noel probably could have played at the end of the year last year but they saw no reason to risk it as badly as they sucked. In theory, I like what they're doing.

... and people complained about Derek Rose not playing 2 years ago in the playoffs when he was cleared to play.  added rest does not guarantee long term health

Quote:Not many HEALTHY seven footers in the world

fixed

Quote:... and people complained about Derek Rose not playing 2 years ago in the playoffs when he was cleared to play. added rest does not guarantee long term health
And one knee injury does not guarantee a history of injuries....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014, 03:56 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Great draft by Philly.

They have gotten the best two prospects in the last two drafts, TBD if it works out, but hard to not be happy with that. Then Hinkie pulled one over on the Magic. Saric is the guy they wanted all along, but were able to get him, a 2017 first rounder and a probable high second round pick next year. I believe they are the only team to acquire future firsts at the draft the last two years. Neither will play next year, so looks like another top 3 pick next year. Perfect rebuild.

I was shocked they didn't make many moves with their five second round picks, but they picked up some great athletes with elite length and athleticism.

Magic should have a fun team to watch with all those athletes, but they really need somebody to develop a jumpshot.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 03:36 AM by AmeliaIsland.)

Milwaukee Bucks reportedly are trying to buy out Jason Kidd's contract so their new ownership can make them both their Head Coach, and (Vice) President Of Basketball Operations.   Wink  Rolleyes  B)

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/265070441.html

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/denied-prom...ith-bucks/

Quote:Milwaukee Bucks reportedly are trying to buy out Jason Kidd's contract so their new ownership can make them both their Head Coach, and (Vice) President Of Basketball Operations. Wink Rolleyes B)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/265070441.html'>http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/265070441.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/denied-promotion-jason-kidd-gets-ok-to-talk-with-bucks/'>http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/denied-promotion-jason-kidd-gets-ok-to-talk-with-bucks/</a>

Gross

Did I read that right?

The Heat now have one person on contract from last year's team. I feel like that it was done in order to help with the cap, but that's going to give some of their fans a collective ulcer for the next few weeks.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Did I read that right?

The Heat now have one person on contract from last year's team. I feel like that it was done in order to help with the cap, but that's going to give some of their fans a collective ulcer for the next few weeks.

I worried when Lebron was the only one to opt out...but I feel much better now that the rest have.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hard to call Miami "The Big 3" still. Wade is a shell of his former self, Bosh seems like "just a guy" now, and they have a plethora of aging role players whose skill sets are rapidly diminishing. They better re-tool, and re-tool fast. Napier will be a stud one day, but if they are counting on him to turn the team around next year, they probably won't be too happy.

This whole LeBron playing GM thing is either going to turn out to be great for them or lead to Pat Riley getting Gene Smithed.

Quote:Pat Riley getting Gene Smithed.

What......

Quote:What......

Just saying, letting your top player play GM probably won't bode well for the real GM if things don't go well.