Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA offseason thread

Quote:Just saying, letting your top player play GM probably won't bode well for the real GM if things don't go well.

The stars run the league. Been that way for over 30 years. Magic and Jordan both got coaches fired. So did Penny Hardaway.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And one knee injury does not guarantee a history of injuries....

The history of centers recovering from knee injuries in the modern era far outweighs players that make full recoveries.    Add Lopez to the list.

Moving to the non-centers ... Rose is pretty much done.  Kobe is done.   Brandon Roy had to retire in his late 20s.   So far, Westbrook made a good recovery.

Jameer Nelson cut !!!   Praise the Lord !!

Quote:Jameer Nelson cut !!!   Praise the Lord !!
It was time to go, but he has been good to this organization for a decade. Love Jameer.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Jameer Nelson cut !!!   Praise the Lord !!

I hope he stays with the organization in some capacity. Class act.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Afflalo was shipped to Denver for Fournier and #56th pick. Looks like they are no longer considering a trade for #1.

We could have gotten a better deal for Affalo, I think Henny messed up not moving him at the trade deadline, so this was a hail mary type deal.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Just saying, letting your top player play GM probably won't bode well for the real GM if things don't go well.

You do know who pat Riley is right? Saying anything he does will make him like Gene smith is just bad.

Quote:Hard to call Miami "The Big 3" still. Wade is a shell of his former self, Bosh seems like "just a guy" now, and they have a plethora of aging role players whose skill sets are rapidly diminishing. They better re-tool, and re-tool fast. Napier will be a stud one day, but if they are counting on him to turn the team around next year, they probably won't be too happy.

This whole LeBron playing GM thing is either going to turn out to be great for them or lead to Pat Riley getting Gene Smithed.

1) Wade is a shell of himself -- True

2) Bosh is "just a guy" -- he was utilized improperly.  Run to the corner to clear out the paint for Lebron

3) Aging role players - True but they are replaceable.  In the prior 2 years the role players stepped it up for a game or 2 (Chalmers, Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Haslem).  Nobody did that this year.

4) Napier - Agree.   I think he is good but at UCONN he was "the man".  He may take a step back when he's not in control of the flow. 

5) Heat Offense -- Pathetic.  They reverted back to 2011 and looked more like the 2010 Cavs as well -> HEAT PLAYBOOK  (Play #1 - Clear out for Lebron  //  Play #2 - Lebron isolation play)

Future

offense -- Look for the Heat to feature a true point guard.  Lebron posts up more.  Bosh allowed back in the paint.

coach - Spoelstra was outcoached. he's average at best.

Quote:1) Wade is a shell of himself -- True

2) Bosh is "just a guy" -- he was utilized improperly.  Run to the corner to clear out the paint for Lebron

3) Aging role players - True but they are replaceable.  In the prior 2 years the role players stepped it up for a game or 2 (Chalmers, Mike Miller, Ray Allen, Haslem).  Nobody did that this year.

4) Napier - Agree.   I think he is good but at UCONN he was "the man".  He may take a step back when he's not in control of the flow. 

5) Heat Offense -- Pathetic.  They reverted back to 2011 and looked more like the 2010 Cavs as well -> HEAT PLAYBOOK  (Play #1 - Clear out for Lebron  //  Play #2 - Lebron isolation play)

Future

offense -- Look for the Heat to feature a true point guard.  Lebron posts up more.  Bosh allowed back in the paint.

coach - Spoelstra was outcoached. he's average at best.

Spolestra may be average at best, but he lets Lebron run that team....so he will stay until Lebron leaves.

On the CBS Sports NBA section of their website,  they actually currently have a separate subsection for LeBron James.    It seems like the NBA is in a mini lockout,  in terms of teams not making major decisions until LeBron James finally announce which team he will be playing for this coming season.   It would be ironic if the team wasn't Miami or Cleveland,  as the focus seems almost totally on those 2 teams.

Lebron back to Cleveland...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Lebron back to Cleveland...

Just saw the news. Miami is done.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Lebron back to Cleveland...
...Awkward

Quote:...Awkward

Especially for these guys

[Image: burning-lebron-james-jersey.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Especially for these guys[Image: burning-lebron-james-jersey.jpg]

Exactly!! Wonder how many are out scrambling for new jerseys?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm really not understanding why he did this for no other reason than to "make amends" with the Cleveland fanbase.

Just seems like an odd move to me.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I'm really not understanding why he did this for no other reason than to "make amends" with the Cleveland fanbase.

Just seems like an odd move to me.
The biggest reason I could see is that they have the young superstars in the making. If this last finals series showed us anything Lebron was going to need a lot more help to compete with the teams out west.

Bron, Irving, Wiggins >>>>>>>>> Bron, Bosh, Napier, washed up Wade

Quote:Just saw the news. Miami is done.

Quote:The biggest reason I could see is that they have the young superstars in the making. If this last finals series showed us anything Lebron was going to need a lot more help to compete with the teams out west.

Bron, Irving, Wiggins >>>>>>>>> Bron, Bosh, Napier, washed up Wade

Yea, Cleveland has some serious young talent and the possibility to add a little more.  I wonder how many Heat fans are going to disappear.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Yea, Cleveland has some serious young talent and the possibility to add a little more.  I wonder how many Heat fans are going to disappear.
I say about 65% of them lol