Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA offseason thread

Quote:D Wade re-signs with the Heat.

The potential starting lineup as of now:

Chalmers, Wade, Deng, McRoberts and Bosh

Was hoping to land a true center so bosh could play the 4 again. Basically playing with a stretch 4 and 5 now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Was hoping to land a true center so bosh could play the 4 again. Basically playing with a stretch 4 and 5 now.

But they have this guy though.

[Image: nba_g_andersen_b1_576x384.jpg]

Quote:But they have this guy though.

[Image: nba_g_andersen_b1_576x384.jpg]

As much as I love him he doesn't fit the description.

Is it crazy that Charlotte could be the favorite in that division?

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Rumor is CLE will trade Wiggins for Kevin Love. Bosh then goes to Houston, and then Houston matches Dallas' offer to Chandler Parsons. The Rockets team will look real nice now.

0 for 3 on the rumor mill above.   Wiggins stays in Cleveland, Bosh to Miami, Parsons leaves Houston.

Quote:When they signed Lin it was pretty much understood that they wouldn't be paying him this year. He makes way too much for what he contributes.

He's a better fit in LA.

LIn + a 52 year old Steve Nash making $12m/year + a crippled Kobe making $24m/year

THE BIG 3 !!!    gotta love these Lakers

Quote:Is it crazy that Charlotte could be the favorite in that division?

Actually, I got Washington as the favorites. It was huge they kept Gortat, and added Pierce.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Actually, I got Washington as the favorites. It was huge they kept Gortat, and added Pierce.

I think the downgrade from ariza to pierce is really big. So I don't think they are the favorites.

Gortat was huge tho.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I agree --- picking up Pierce these days is a non-factor.  Losing Ariza hurts.

If the Bobcats Hornets can get the same type of play out of Al Jefferson next season, they may win a round or 2 in the playoffs.

I look at that entire division as a toss up.

Quote:0 for 3 on the rumor mill above. Wiggins stays in Cleveland, Bosh to Miami, Parsons leaves Houston.

There is still legs to the Wiggins/Love trade.

Quote:There is still legs to the Wiggins/Love trade.

Clevaland wants K Love but doesn't want to part with Wiggins to get him, hence the posturing. In the end if thats what it will take, Wiggins will indeed be dealt for K Lo. Minnesota would be stupid to accept any deal less. 

Quote:I think the downgrade from ariza to pierce is really big. So I don't think they are the favorites.

Gortat was huge tho.

Ariza was looking for a payday, not something Washington was wanting to do especially if they are serious about Durant.

He is a good shooter and defender, but not worth Starting lineup material and pay.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

If I hear one more analyst state "if D Wade can get back into true form and get healthy again ...."

LISTEN PEOPLE -- COUNTING ALL OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES, DWADE's BODY IS SHOT !!   YOU DON'T JUST GET HEALTHY RECOVERING FROM BACK INJURIES AT HIS AGE (32) COMBINED WITH THE MILEAGE THAT HIS BODY HAS ACCUMULATED OVER THE YEARS !!!   He played in 719+152 games in his career (after completing 4 years of college).

If I hear one more analyst state "if Kobe can get back into true form and get healthy again ...."

LISTEN PEOPLE -- COUNTING ALL OF THE PLAYOFF GAMES, KOBE's BODY IS SHOT !! YOU DON'T JUST GET HEALTHY RECOVERING FROM KNEE INJURIES AT HIS AGE (34 in august) COMBINED WITH THE MILEAGE THAT HIS BODY HAS ACCUMULATED OVER THE YEARS !!! He played in 1097+220 games in his career (after completing 4 years of high school).

if D-Rose can get back into true form and get healthy again

Quote:if D-Rose can get back into true form and get healthy again

Ha !!  That was going to be my next post (but I forgot to do it this morning).  DRose was getting hyped at the Team USA practice last night and I instantly thought about him, Kobe, and DWade.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 01:50 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

The difference is that Derrick Rose is still pretty young.

How quickly things change..... my 2014-2015 Division Standing - forecast

Cleveland - with Kevin Love.  

Chicago - really hope DRose can stay healthy.

Detroit -  love stan van gundy.

Milwaukee - new ownership -- getting better

Indiana - ouch

Quote:The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliersfor No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to ESPN and media reports.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.

The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11320537&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnsoc'>http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11320537&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnsoc</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 02:16 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Apparently Bennett will be flipped to the Sixers for Thad Young. Not sure separately or it will be a three team deal.

Good get for Philly since Thad was going to opt out after the year.