Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jtmoney's on Beachfront Bargain Hunt

Quote:sweet, hope you make the sale man! $375,000 that should be doable in Jax Beach right? Seem's like plenty of money to me, but I've never looked at beachfront property so I'm just guessing.

If it's beachfront, then it will be a small bungalow, condo, etc.  To find something "nice" (meaning nothing major to fix) you'll have to work hard at that price.

Which is probably why that kind of shopping is on the show.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was thinking a one, maybe two bedroom. My in-laws bought a 3 bedroom condo with a nice beach view and it was well over 500k. It was in an older building but still nice inside.

Quote:If it's beachfront, then it will be a small bungalow, condo, etc.  To find something "nice" (meaning nothing major to fix) you'll have to work hard at that price.

Quote:I was thinking a one, maybe two bedroom. My in-laws bought a 3 bedroom condo with a nice beach view and it was well over 500k. It was in an older building but still nice inside.

Holy cow I had no idea houses got that expensive here in Florida! Man I'm feeling real good about my 90k home now!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Holy cow I had no idea houses got that expensive here in Florida! Man I'm feeling real good about my 90k home now!

Right now, you would have a really difficult time finding any Jacksonville beach front town homes or homes under $700,000.  Condos are typically higher $200's (if older) and up.  Actually, there are better beachfront deals in the Vilano area compared with Jacksonville Beach.

Quote:If it's beachfront, then it will be a small bungalow, condo, etc.  To find something "nice" (meaning nothing major to fix) you'll have to work hard at that price.

Smile well you'll just have to wait and see what I found for them...

Quote:Thanks for spoiling it! :angry:

Ugh.

Hey, I didn't tell you what they bought so that'll still be a surprise.

Quote: Smile well you'll just have to wait and see what I found for them...

I love that stuff (almost got into the biz myself) and I'll definitely be tuning in!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Holy cow I had no idea houses got that expensive here in Florida! Man I'm feeling real good about my 90k home now!

You're talking about oceanfront property. Limited supply and (for the most part) high demand.

Quote:Right now, you would have a really difficult time finding any Jacksonville beach front town homes or homes under $700,000.  Condos are typically higher $200's (if older) and up.  Actually, there are better beachfront deals in the Vilano area compared with Jacksonville Beach.

Because who wants to live waaaayyyy down there....lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Love HGTV...will be watching for you and those white pants!

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

Quote:Because who wants to live waaaayyyy down there....lol

Haha, Vilano has grown a lot. Really nice area. Main issue though is the homes on the beach are literally on the beach.

Quote:Haha, Vilano has grown a lot. Really nice area. Main issue though is the homes on the beach are literally on the beach.
Some of them, a emergency retaining wall installation from being literally in the ocean.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Haha, Vilano has grown a lot. Really nice area. Main issue though is the homes on the beach are literally on the beach.

Most are sandwiched right between A1A and the beach...not a lot of space that's for sure.

Where watching hgtv right now and they have another couple on here with a 450 budget it guess there's a whole side to jville I've never seen
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Where watching hgtv right now and they have another couple on here with a 450 budget it guess there's a whole side to jville I've never seen

It's a big city...you'd be surprised what all you can find up here!! :yes:

Quote:Where watching hgtv right now and they have another couple on here with a 450 budget it guess there's a whole side to jville I've never seen

Plenty of homes over $450,000 all over Jacksonville and surrounding areas.  

Quote:Plenty of homes over $450,000 all over Jacksonville and surrounding areas.  

Now we know why they call you jtmoney!  :pirate:

Quote:With a little luck and a lot of work, I will be on HGTV 8:30 PM June 29th.  Beachfront Bargain Hunt is the show.  I'm sure this is appointment viewing for you all  :thumbsup:.  

Link: http://www.hgtv.com/beachfront-bargain-h...index.html.  
No offense, but because they're from Hoboken, I'm hoping you didn't find them what they were looking for.  We don't need that yankee element soiling our fine beaches.  Wink

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No offense, but because they're from Hoboken, I'm hoping you didn't find them what they were looking for. We don't need that yankee element soiling our fine beaches. Wink

Haha. Plan is to move down here for good with the entire family. Dad, mom, grandmother, kids, wife, aunt... the whole shebang.

Quote:No offense, but because they're from Hoboken, I'm hoping you didn't find them what they were looking for. We don't need that yankee element soiling our fine beaches. Wink

That's fine, as long as they assimilate. It's the ones who relocate and then complain incessantly about how things are done or constantly compare how it's done from whence they came that become annoying.