Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Miami Heat.. The Big 4?

Quote:I'd doubt they care (about that) at that point. 

Management is going to lose a lot...I'd imagine they care.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, the whole "player orchestrated dynasty" thing is a bit lame.
it's been tried a few times in the NFL but rarely ever works.

Quote:Management is going to lose a lot...I'd imagine they care.

only if it doesn't net success. 

Nothing theyre doing is illegal. It's all within the rules. Can't hate on them for starting a new era. Besides the big 3.. The depth is pretty bad. Overall there are better teams. Its a lot of pressure and a lot of minutes those guys have to play. It's all on them.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Nothing theyre doing is illegal. It's all within the rules. Can't hate on them for starting a new era. Besides the big 3.. The depth is pretty bad. Overall there are better teams. Its a lot of pressure and a lot of minutes those guys have to play. It's all on them.

Yeah, but of all sports out there, basketball is the most star player oriented.  If you have one or two top tier players, you're going to have a good team.

Quote:Do people really a joy a league that is set up this way? I just don't know how you get into it when it seems like there are only 4 teams with any shot at winning the title each year.
Exactly.

I don't know what's so appealing about the NBA. Such a stupid league that's ran by diva players who want to team up with their other superstar best friends to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 championships.

Quote:Exactly.

I don't know what's so appealing about the NBA. Such a stupid league that's ran by diva players who want to team up with their other superstar best friends to win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 championships.

Yeah, they all want to "be like Mike" (or top him, really)....but Mike didn't have to fabricate any dynasty's to get his 6 like it seems LeBron will have to. 

Lol after last night it would be the big two with Lebron and Carmelo. I actually felt bad for him last night. That Heat team needs some help for him

The Spurs have been a constant for almost two decades now. Gotta respect them. 

Carmelo isn't a good fit in Miami, and I am not quite sure Miami is going to be able to keep things together this off season anyway. 

Quote:The Spurs have been a constant for almost two decades now. Gotta respect them.

Carmelo isn't a good fit in Miami, and I am not quite sure Miami is going to be able to keep things together this off season anyway.

Regarded the Spurs, that's what happens when you draft good. They've been phenomenal when it comes to the draft and their bench shows it.

Regarding the Heat and the bolded, I'm not sure if they want to keep it together. Wade is aging and its showing. Bosh isn't really a good fit. Chalmers is just a guy. The entire bench could use an infusion of youth.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Regarded the Spurs, that's what happens when you draft good. They've been phenomenal when it comes to the draft and their bench shows it.

Regarding the Heat and the bolded, I'm not sure if they want to keep it together. Wade is aging and its showing. Bosh isn't really a good fit. Chalmers is just a guy. The entire bench could use an infusion of youth.
Chalmers needs to go, first of all.

And Bosh was a terrible fit from the start. If you can't feed Bosh the ball, what's the point?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Chalmers needs to go, first of all.

And Bosh was a terrible fit from the start. If you can't feed Bosh the ball, what's the point?

You still need a big man though, Bosh is just soft.  He would hang out on the three point line instead of down low and keeping people down there on him.

Weird fit, and Carmelo would make it even more weird to me.

Remember all these guys played together in the Olympics. They can mesh a lot better than people think. The same idea was being tossed around when wade and Lebron where being put together.

Quote:Remember all these guys played together in the Olympics. They can mesh a lot better than people think. The same idea was being tossed around when wade and Lebron where being put together.

Carmelo is a much different, selfish player, than Dwayne Wade.  Carmelo likes shooting the ball as many times as possible during the game....you don't need that with Lebron James there.

Quote:Carmelo is a much different, selfish player, than Dwayne Wade. Carmelo likes shooting the ball as many times as possible during the game....you don't need that with Lebron James there.

Id rather have melo shooting jumpers over lebron.

Quote:Id rather have melo shooting jumpers over lebron.

Their three point percentage across their careers are almost identical.  Carmelo is a shoot first kind of guy....you're almost wasting time not having the ball in the best player in the leagues hands if he was out there.

I'd rather have role guys, similar to what the Bulls had with Jordan.  The Heat can do it, they just have to get younger.

My guess is Lebron stays in Miami, Wade and Bosh stay this year as well.  After next year they let Wade and Bosh go, Lebron resigns.  They have a lot of money to go after decent guys to complement Lebron.  Riley has already made that pitch to Lebron.