Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA Finals

Quote:Trolling or real? Pistons, Ewings Knicks, Reggie's Pacers, Price and the Cavs, Shaq/Penny Magic, Barkleys Suns, Drexels Blazers, Malone/Stockton Jazz, Gary Payton and the Sonics and even Magic's Lakers. The Bulls went up against a great team every single year. Anyone of those teams would easily coast through either conference, losing maybe to the Spurs.

Lol what? Reggie's Pacers do not belong of this list.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Lol what? Reggie's Pacers do not belong of this list.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure they played the bulls as well as any of those other teams, taking them to 7 and losing narrowly. Careful, your lack of knowledge is showing.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Lol, good post.  The Heat went through possibly one of the worst conferences in NBA history...congrats.  There were 3-4 teams in the West that could have beaten the Heat.

The Heat were primarily a one man show with a 2nd/3rd showing up occasionally.  In the East that was ok, but not against the West.

Oh yeah, the East is a cess pool and honestly the West hasn't been much better. The Lakers are now trash and it doesn't look like the Thunder have quite the championship mix. It was going to be Spurs/Heat from the minute the season started.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Really? Because I'm pretty sure they played the bulls as well as any of those other teams, taking them to 7 and losing narrowly. Careful, your lack of knowledge is showing.

I wouldn't call it his "lack of knowledge"...more so his "bias of everything current". 

Jordan > LeBron on this stage, but he won't want to admit that or support any suggesting evidence leading to that conclusion. 

Quote:Really? Because I'm pretty sure they played the bulls as well as any of those other teams, taking them to 7 and losing narrowly. Careful, your lack of knowledge is showing.

Reggie Miller was my favorite player growing up and therefor I was a huge Pacers fan. I was even a Pacers fan the year the Pistons won the NBA Championship. Since then, I have became a Detroit/Michigan fan in every sport, but my knowledge of the Reggie Miller era is vast. From 00/01-02/03 (3 seasons), the Pacers never made it past the 1st round of the playoffs. Sure, they played the Bulls hard and took them to 7 in 97/98, but that doesn't define the "Reggie Miller Pacers".

Quote:I wouldn't call it his "lack of knowledge"...more so his "bias of everything current". 

Jordan > LeBron on this stage, but he won't want to admit that or support the evidence leading to that conclusion.

Not sure what any of that has to do with hating on the Pacers for no reason. Pretty clear he doesn't/chooses not to remember how STACKED the league was at that time. Some of the GOAT players had to go without a championship and not because they were undeserving or play on bad teams. Jordan was that dominant. The only time he ever looked human was when Nick Anderson got that rip on him and they got bounced by Orlando. Other than that for an 8 year stretch, he was the most dominant athlete I've ever seen.

Quote:I wouldn't call it his "lack of knowledge"...more so his "bias of everything current". 

Jordan > LeBron on this stage, but he won't want to admit that or support any suggesting evidence leading to that conclusion. 

I don't think the LeBron > Jordan, FWIW. I think LeBron, Magic, and Jordan are the best 3 players of all time but it's hard to compare the three because of styles of play, level of competition, and supporting casts. I just get annoyed watching LeBron fanboys say things like "LeBron teh besttT!" or Jordan fanboys saying "LeBron turned into a ghost". Both extremes annoy me.

Quote:Not sure what any of that has to do with hating on the Pacers for no reason. Pretty clear he doesn't/chooses not to remember how STACKED the league was at that time. Some of the GOAT players had to go without a championship and not because they were undeserving or play on bad teams. Jordan was that dominant. The only time he ever looked human was when Nick Anderson got that rip on him and they got bounced by Orlando. Other than that for an 8 year stretch, he was the most dominant athlete I've ever seen.

Once again, I do not hate the Pacers. I was a huge Pacers fan, because of Reggie Miller, for over a decade. While other Detroit fans get butterflies watching the Tayshaun Prince block, it makes me cringe. That year felt like THE year for the Pacers. As much as I loved those Miller teams (huge Jalen Rose fan, too), to say they are head and shoulders better than Durant's Thunder or the 2013-2014 Pacers is pretty asinine.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 11:48 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I don't think the LeBron > Jordan, FWIW. I think LeBron, Magic, and Jordan are the best 3 players of all time but it's hard to compare the three because of styles of play, level of competition, and supporting casts. I just get annoyed watching LeBron fanboys say things like "LeBron teh besttT!" or Jordan fanboys saying "LeBron turned into a ghost". Both extremes annoy me.

You think Magic is a top 3 of all time? For his position, yeah...not sure about "overall".  

Quote:Reggie Miller was my favorite player growing up and therefor I was a huge Pacers fan. I was even a Pacers fan the year the Pistons won the NBA Championship. Since then, I have became a Detroit/Michigan fan in every sport, but my knowledge of the Reggie Miller era is vast. From 00/01-02/03 (3 seasons), the Pacers never made it past the 1st round of the playoffs. Sure, they played the Bulls hard and took them to 7 in 97/98, but that doesn't define the "Reggie Miller Pacers".

The "Reggie Miller Pacers" are defined by their rivalry of the Knicks and their consistent presence at the top of the Eastern conference throughout the 90's. They would TRASH any team in a 7 game series in today's NBA except maybe San Antonio. They could have legitimately been a dynasty but they never quite put it all together. If if wasn't the Knicks, it was the Magic and if it wasn't the, it was the Bulls. Not sure if anybody considers the early 2000's as the mark of Reggie Miller era, in fact I don't think anybody does.

Quote:You think Magic is a top 3 of all time? For his position, yeah...not sure about "overall". 

I do, and it sucks that I do because it just gives [BLEEP] Michigan St. fans something to rub in Michigan's face.

Quote:You think Magic is a top 3 of all time? For his position, yeah...not sure about "overall".  

Just curious, best point guard of all time?

Quote:Once again, I do not hate the Pacers. I was a huge Pacers fan, because of Reggie Miller, for over a decade. While other Detroit fans get butterflies watching the Tayshaun Prince block, it makes me cringe. That year felt like THE year for the Pacers. As much as I loved those Miller teams (huge Jalen Rose fan, too), to say they are head and shoulders better than Durant's Thunder or the 2013-2014 Pacers is pretty asinine.

They would mop the current Pacers team, the Thunder MIGHT take them 6 or 7. It's borderline blastphamous that you would take those squads over a team that took a PRIME Jordan Bulls squad 7 and nearly took the whole series.

Quote:Just curious, best point guard of all time?

I would. 

If not him, who?

Stockton?

maybe Paul down the road?...

Quote:The "Reggie Miller Pacers" are defined by their rivalry of the Knicks and their consistent presence at the top of the Eastern conference throughout the 90's. They would TRASH any team in a 7 game series in today's NBA except maybe San Antonio. They could have legitimately been a dynasty but they never quite put it all together. If if wasn't the Knicks, it was the Magic and if it wasn't the, it was the Bulls. Not sure if anybody considers the early 2000's as the mark of Reggie Miller era, in fact I don't think anybody does.

In Miller's first 6 seasons, the Pacers were never higher than a 7 seed and never made it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

In Miller's final 5 seasons, the Pacers were only higher than a 6 seed twice and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3 times.

The Pacers had a very nice 6 very nice seasons in between, but to say that those Indiana teams >>>>> 2013-2014 Indiana is nothing more than being blinded by nostalgia.

Quote:They would mop the current Pacers team, the Thunder MIGHT take them 6 or 7. It's borderline blastphamous that you would take those squads over a team that took a PRIME Jordan Bulls squad 7 and nearly took the whole series.

Like I said, 1 great series against the Bulls does not define the 18 seasons of the Reggie Miller era.

Quote:In Miller's first 6 seasons, the Pacers were never higher than a 7 seed and never made it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

In Miller's final 5 seasons, the Pacers were only higher than a 6 seed twice and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 3 times.

The Pacers had a very nice 6 very nice seasons in between, but to say that those Indiana teams >>>>> 2013-2014 Indiana is nothing more than being blinded by nostalgia.

Right, the Pacers teams I'm referring too are the dominant sort in that window. A bit insane that you shake a stick at 6 years of title contention in favor of a one year wonder in a cesspool of a conference.

I loved the Reggie Miller pacers, I hate the Pacers now, and I'm sitting here saying that 2013/2014 Pacers are close to the Reggie Miller era Pacers and somehow I'm the one not being objective?

Wallbash

Quote:Like I said, 1 great series against the Bulls does not define the 18 seasons of the Reggie Miller era.

No way you can win this one.

Reggie Miller/Mark Jackson/Chris Mullin/Rik Smits/Jalen Rose >>>>>>> Current Thunder/Pacers

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 12:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I loved the Reggie Miller pacers, I hate the Pacers now, and I'm sitting here saying that 2013/2014 Pacers are close to the Reggie Miller era Pacers and somehow I'm the one not being objective?

Wallbash

This years Pacers are lucky they didn't get bounced by ATlanta. Atlanta had that game 7 late in the 4th, and blew it.