Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You have $15 to make an all-time NBA starting lineup

Quote: 

<div>PG: Oscar Robertson $4
SG: Michael Jordan $5
SF: Larry Bird $4
PF: Kevin Garnett $1
C:  Hakeem Olajuwon $1

</div>

This team is intriguing.  :thumbsup:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No...

.511 in the regular season and .465 in the playoffs.

welp, then there goes that advantage. 

back to the drawing board. 

Quote:[Image: attachicon.gif]Boq7o1WIUAEpqvP.jpg-large.jpg

What's your starting five? You have to pick a player from every position, so you can't have Shaq and Kareem as your bigs for example. Mine:

PG- Magic Johnson

SG- Michael Jordan

SF- Kevin Durant

PF- Kevin Garnett

C- Shaquille O'Neal
For my $15, I think I would go

PG-Magic Johnson

SG-Michael Jordan (First pick, take at $7 or $8!)

SF-Scottie Pippen (Best deal on the board)

PF-Tim Duncan

C-Hakeem Olajuwon

No money....

PG-Magic

SG-Jordan

SF-Bird

PF-Lebron

C-Russell

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:PG - John Stockton

SG - Michael Jordan

SF - Lebron James

PF - KG

C - Shaq
I came up with this before I even read these posts.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - KG
C - Shaq

Most of our team cancels each other out. Lebron is way ahead of Durant, but Duncan is about the same on KG (in his prime). In my opinion, in a one on one battle I would take Shaq over Wilt. I think he out muscles him on offense.

As far as hack a Shaq, I dont think world class players need to resort to that.

PG Stockton $2
SG Jordan $5
SF Durant $2
PF Duncan $3
C Wilt $3

Quote: 

Most of our team cancels each other out. Lebron is way ahead of Durant, but Duncan is about the same on KG (in his prime). In my opinion, in a one on one battle I would take Shaq over Wilt. I think he out muscles him on offense.

PG Stockton $2

SG Jordan $5

SF Durant $2

PF Duncan $3

C Wilt $3

Lebron is way ahead of Durant in what aspect?

Quote:Lebron is way ahead of Durant in what aspect?

All around game, I would take Lebron without even thinking about it.

Quote: 

All around game, I would take Lebron without even thinking about it.

I'll agree with that. Scoring goes to Durant easily, but Lebron a better assist man and better defensive player. I think rebounding is about equal between the two.

I wish Kevin Durant would move more without the ball. I think he would be even more lethal moving constantly without the ball rather than sitting at the three point line waiting to be given the ball.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Stockton $2

Jordan $5

Durant $2

Duncan $3

Wilt $3

I started with Jordan as a must have.  I wanted Isiah @ $3 but settled for Stockton @ $2 (i have enough shooters so i needed an assist guy anyway -- defense is not as good but will do).    Not certain why Karl Malone was valued @ $5.   I like Duncan and Wilt @ $3.   Durant for $2 --really??

Quote:I'll agree with that. Scoring goes to Durant easily, but Lebron a better assist man and better defensive player. I think rebounding is about equal between the two.

I wish Kevin Durant would move more without the ball. I think he would be even more lethal moving constantly without the ball rather than sitting at the three point line waiting to be given the ball.

Scoring is one thing I don't like about Lebron and why I think Jordan will always be the better player. Jordan had a killer instinct where he would just take over a game....Lebron seems too nice and wants to have everyone apart of the game. If he had that same instinct as Jordan, I would say he was better.

Last night really illustrated Lebron's value.  Heat were up by 9 when he got hiis 5th foul.   About 5 minutes later the Heat were down by 10.

Quote: 

World class players sink free throws at a better clip too.

;

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:I'll agree with that. Scoring goes to Durant easily, but Lebron a better assist man and better defensive player. I think rebounding is about equal between the two.

Lebron averages more then Durant over their careers in points per game. Choosing between those two is easy.

;

Quote:Last night really illustrated Lebron's value.  Heat were up by 9 when he got hiis 5th foul.   About 5 minutes later the Heat were down by 10.
Stat on ESPN this morning though had the Heat -4 with Lebron in and +14 when out. But that is a huge anomaly I am sure. The foul trouble was crazy.

;

Ha, seems like my assembled configuration is popular B)

Quote:Lebron averages more then Durant over their careers in points per game. Choosing between those two is easy.

Lebron has also been in the league longer. He had a five year head start. Lebron has had the benefit of playing in a weak Eastern Conference his whole career. Kevin Durant plays the tougher competition, and has won four of the last five scoring titles. Lebron's career scoring average is 27.5 PPG and KD's is 27.4.

All around, yes Lebron is better. He's the best player in the world. Kevin Durant is by far the better scorer though.

I think there is a lot of recency bias going on here.

Also, Mr. Diesel... KG and Big Funda about the same level? That's not even close IMO.

Quote:Lebron has also been in the league longer. He had a five year head start. Lebron has had the benefit of playing in a weak Eastern Conference his whole career. Kevin Durant plays the tougher competition, and has won four of the last five scoring titles. Lebron's career scoring average is 27.5 PPG and KD's is 27.4.

All around, yes Lebron is better. He's the best player in the world. Kevin Durant is by far the better scorer though.
The stat is still valid. He has scored more ppg. It's an average. Spin it how you will, Lebron scores more then KD.

;

Quote:The stat is still valid. He has scored more ppg. It's an average. Spin it how you will, Lebron scores more then KD.

A whopping .1 PPG with a five year head start. What a big difference.

Quote:A whopping .1 PPG with a five year head start. What a big difference.

and its not even close right now. KD is easily the better scorer right now (and likely going forward)