Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some interesting RBs on the roster...

Quote:Mike Alstott is that dude, and I thought he was a stud.

I think Gerhart is more of a breakaway threat than Alstott.

If Gerhart approximates Alstott as a football player, I'll be quite happy.

No denying it, Alstott was a stud, and I couldn't agree more, if Gerhart is anywhere close to as much of a gamer as he was we'll all be quite happy.  Alstott just wasn't to my taste as a feature back.  

Quote:It's easy to forget what a stud Gerhart was in college.   Led the nation in rushing and TDs, and was the Heisman Award runner up.    The nice thing about Gerhart is how little wear he has on the tires for a power back since the entire Vikings offense essentially amounted to handing it to Peterson every play and hoping he could break a long one.    

His college career was news to me.  Hey, I'm pulling for him, hope he brings it!  He could be just what we need to bang out the first 4 yards on 1st down.  It's also sweet to have a guy like him for 1st and goal at the 2, whether he's banging it in himself, clearing the way, or merely drawing the D to the center as a decoy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Storm Johnson and Cobb poll question.

Look OK

Look Good

Look Nice

Look Great

I expect to hear these names ____________ in the future.

once in awhile

sometimes

a lot

every play

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

I love it, if he's a white guy he must not be able to break long runs.  Surely he's just a banger.  Let's compare him to Alstott.  If he's a receiver let's compare him to Wes Welker.

B-But Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson

Quote:B-But Colts gave up a first for Trent Richardson

That's worked out splendidly so far.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Gerhart

Cobb

Johnson

Todman

should all make the 53, IMO. 

Quote:Gerhart

Cobb

Johnson

Todman

should all make the 53, IMO.

No Robinson?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 12:41 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No Robinson?

I think he'll make the roster, I just don't consider him a true RB, more of a all purpose weapon. 

He might not be a "lock" to make the 53, though....he needs to show something in PS. 

Quote:I think he'll make the roster, I just don't consider him a true RB, more of a all purpose weapon.

He might not be a "lock" to make the 53, though....he needs to show something in PS.

I think Robinson gets the edge over Cobb. I like Cobb too but the team has more invested in Robinson vs Cobb (draft picks). If it comes down to the two I would expect Robinson to get the nod.

Now if Cobb absolutely dominates preseason he may end up giving Todman a run for his money. He looks like a potential upgrade over Todman.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I think Robinson gets the edge over Cobb. I like Cobb too but the team has more invested in Robinson vs Cobb (draft picks). If it comes down to the two I would expect Robinson to get the nod.

Now if Cobb absolutely dominates preseason he may end up giving Todman a run for his money. He looks like a potential upgrade over Todman.

Yeah, I could see a scenario where Todman is the odd man out. 

I even brought that up in one of the Cobb/ UDFA threads after the draft. 

High scool Jordan todman vs college storm johnson really?   Look at video of him vs Cinnci 2009.   He almost won the game by himself.   Storm has no chance.  People still doubt my boy.  Wow!  Todman is a beast. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW-FHy6LAOs

Watch this at 453 mark.   A few of tons of plays in college by Todman.   

He is a beast.  Ya'll just don't know yet.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags