Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:lol

You love this move? Based on what?

Did i say for us? I would like to see him as a HC. Hes a intriging option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Smith is the safest coach

Quote:Did i say for us? I would like to see him as a HC. Hes a intriging option.

But he's not at this point of his career.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Did i say for us? I would like to see him as a HC. Hes a intriging option.
Why though?

He's never been a DC and are the Texans LB world beaters? 

Quote:@profootballtalk Rams to interview Mike Vrabel for head-coaching vacancy https://t.co/M0kC0WZHBO

Love this move.

Rams FO must be trying to fail their way back to St. Louis.

Bryan Walters on 1010 just said he thinks we need someone who's more of a "hard [BLEEP]"

You could tell he didn't want to talk bad about Gus
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Bryan Walters on 1010 just said he thinks we need someone who's more of a "hard [BAD WORD REMOVED]"

But Mike Smith not that type.

Quote:But Mike Smith not that type.
the only tough candidate linked to us was Doug Marrone.

Quote:Bryan Walters on 1010 just said he thinks we need someone who's more of a "hard [BAD WORD REMOVED]"

Everyone is saying this now....makes you wonder what kind of childish environment was really allowed to go on

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl'>Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/818488827207630848' title="11:05 AM - 9 Jan 2017">7m7 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Two coaches of note on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash'>#Raiders</a> staff who have expiring deals: OC Bill Musgrave and OL coach Mike Tice.

Didn't realize Musgrave was going to be available. He worked with Smith in Atlanta.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl  7m7 minutes ago

Two coaches of note on #Raiders staff who have expiring deals: OC Bill Musgrave and OL coach Mike Tice.

Didn't realize Musgrave was going to be available. He worked with Smith in Atlanta.

</div>

I'd love a package deal with Mike Smith as HC and Bill Musgrave as OC.

Quote:Everyone is saying this now....makes you wonder what kind of childish environment was really allowed to go on

It was pretty obvious during the season that the prisoners were running the prison, Jalen Ramsey's comments of how "he would do it again" when referring to the unsportsmanlike conduct call that got him ejected in the Raiders game tells you everything you need to know. Those comments showed an obvious lack of respect for the authoritative figures in that locker room, particularly Gus Bradley. There are a lot of type-A alpha personalities on this team so a type-A alpha coach is needed to reign those guys in.

Quote:I'd love a package deal with Mike Smith as HC and Bill Musgrave as OC.
Very conceivable. 

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:26 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Was Musgrave the OC for the Falcons the entire time in Atlanta?

I remember not liking Musgrave at all when he was with us.

edit* looks like he wasn't the OC at all in Atlanta (QB coach), but OC for Vikings 2011-13, QB coach for Philly in 14, and OC for Oakland 15-present.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:31 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Was Musgrave the OC for the Falcons the entire time in Atlanta?

edit* looks like he wasn't the OC at all in Atlanta (QB coach), but OC for Vikings 2011-13, QB coach for Philly in 14, and OC for Oakland 15-present.

He wasn't the OC in Atlanta. He was the QB coach in Atlanta. He did a solid job developing Matt Ryan.

Quote:Was Musgrave the OC for the Falcons the entire time in Atlanta?

Just QB coach and assistant head coach in Atlanta.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl'>Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/818493269025914880' title="11:22 AM - 9 Jan 2017">10m10 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Tice is close friends with JDR...feeling with people close to situation is that it would take a major offer for him to consider leaving.

Caplan tweeted this out about Tice. Perhaps JDR would elevate Tice to OC to keep him in Oakland long term and let Musgrave walk.

You know Bklyn is off his rocker when he thinks Mike Vrabel is a viable head coaching candidate in the NFL with little to no coaching experience.  He hasn't even led an NFL defense in the NFL...this was a completely knee jerk reaction from the Rams and he thinks its a good move and he completely skirts the back and forth about it.

The "smart" fans know Marrone is a bad hire, but how can you even consider yourself in that group?  There were a few candidates I would consider along with Mike Smith and Marrone was one of them.

JDR's comments after losing make me glad we moved on.  Did I want the crap we have lived in for the past 5 years?  Heck no, but you don't speak poorly about your staff convincing you against your better judgement to play someone.  What a dump job on the staff and the poor inexperiened QB stuck in an impossible situation.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I didn't see it in the comments, but does anyone know when the team will be making the announcement?

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS