Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Glad we hired that recruitment firm just to hire Marrone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Doug has been a successful coach everywhere he has been.  I have no problem with it.  I love that people just want to hire coaches based on their name, instead of experience, success, etc. 

Quote:Sike.

Can never spell his name right.

Hire a coach who was on the staff on a 5-11 and 3-13 team LOL what a joke, he coached the worst unit in the last 2 years the OL 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

And who cares that Shad spent money on an outside firm?  It's his money, he has plenty of it, and it in no way affected your bank account.

Quote:Doug has been a successful coach everywhere he has been.  I have no problem with it.  I love that people just want to hire coaches based on their name, instead of experience, success, etc. 
I wanted Mike Smith who was been way more successful 

We liked Gus Bradley.

And we saw what happened.

Let's give Marrone his shot and see how it goes.

You're Welcome.

Man...disappointing. Nothing against Marrone himself but we needed someone from the outside at this point.

Jesus [BLEEP] Christ.

Quote:Hire a coach who was on the staff on a 5-11 and 3-13 team LOL what a joke, he coached the worst unit in the last 2 years the OL 

Lol you clearly didn't watch the games. The OL over performed considering the talent he had to work with. They weren't the reason for this teams struggles. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 04:56 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Lol you clearly didn't watch the games. The OL over performed considering the talent he had to work with. They weren't the reason for this teams struggles.

One of the worst run blocking units in the league.

Quote:We liked Gus Bradley.

And we saw what happened.

Let's give Marrone his shot and see how it goes.

I'll give him a shot, but this smells like Dave Caldwell wants to hire somebody who will stick with Bortles, and I  say this as a Bortles supporter.

Hackket will likely stay, but I hope we dump he defensive staff, but they might stay since that unit was good, and we will have everybody back but Gus LOL what a joke 

Quote:Lol you clearly didn't watch the games. The OL over performed considering the talent he had to work with. They weren't the reason for this teams struggles. 
The OL pass blocking and run blocking was bad 2 years ago, they were better pass blocking this year, but was terrible run blocking 

I take it it's been confirmed that Marrone is the HC? I keep seeing this.

'02

Anyway the process was at least bizarre.

If you were open to considering Marrone as the next HC why giving him just 2 games?

What was the point in firing Gus "to have a head start" and hire a search firm? 

Either all the other candidates didn't want to come here or had better options or they didn't like Bortles and Caldwell wasn't ok with that. I don't know. 

Hackett will be staying, let's just hope we bring in a creative DC.

Awful. Just awful. Honestly unbelievable.
Shock the world

You guys are so salty lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Welp, expect the same doo doo that we saw week 17 against Indy for the entire 2017 season.

the defense was our strongest unit. I doubt major changes come there.

You're Welcome.

Quote:You guys are so salty lol

Dude I'm like as optimistic as possible, but we are not winning a superbowl with Doug Marrone as the head coach. Superbowl is the ultimate goal.
Shock the world