Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Watching this team... Idk what coach is best but this team doesn't feel close to me
 I think they need to sign a couple of vets on defense who can show these young players how to have a killer instinct.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I think they need to sign a couple of vets on defense who can show these young players how to have a killer instinct.

They did that, and Gibson wad terrible

Quote:Khan at halftime: "Ok Doug, you made your point. Call off the dogs so we can keep our pick. And I know some cry babies on the Jungle board that will go nuts over it."

[Image: khan_khan%5Bketterman%5D.jpg]

This is great!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:They did that, and Gibson wad terrible
Gibson had been solid dude, we have a top 5 defense 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 05:51 PM by BklynJag.)

@brentasjax Gipson and Ramsey ready for change. Both really feel like they were misused in this system. They think new coaches will benefit them. #ASJax

Ummmmmm

Quote:@brentasjax Gipson and Ramsey ready for change. Both really feel like they were misused in this system. They think new coaches will benefit them. #ASJax

Ummmmmm

Gipson went from being a turnover machine ballhawk to 1 interception.

Yeah, id say he was used incorrectly.

Quote:We dont want anything intact from this last coaching administration. We are trying to turn the ship around. Whatever Gus did didnt work, from defense to offense to coaching style to game planning to the environment in the locker room. People are riding a high because we won a nice game last weekend. I was there, it was a sweet victory and it really was a bright spot in a terrible season. But I'm not convinced it was the interim head coach who's solely responsible for this. I think a lot of this game was pride. The players played with their hearts on their sleeves and many keep mentioning the fact of the fans and wanting them to have a victory for the holidays. I think the emotional aspect of the game really played a big part in the victory.

I would not be opposed to Marrone as a candidate, I just dont know enough to make the judgment that he is a good coach. Gus dropped a 50 burger on Indy, does that make him a good coach? When things are not going well, will Marrone walk out on the team like he did with Buffalo?

Ive made my case for Coughlin, but if the team doesn't go that direction, I still firmly believe in brining someone outside of the building. I believe that will bring a cultural shock to a locker room that got a little too comfy and lackadaisical. A team like Buffalo, who isnt bad but fired their head coach because of obvious internal fighting amongst the owner, personnel department and coaching staff is more keen to hire within. Buffalo was literally 1 game away from getting to a wild card. Jacksonville has 3 wins.

If I was the owner or GM and I saw the track record with the current coaching staff, most of them aren't even in consideration for their own jobs, thats up for the new head coach, I'm not looking to keep intact a culture that went 14-48 over a 4 year period.
Good call. They reverted right back this week.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Brent Martineau

Brent Martineau – Verified account ‏@BrentASJax

Marrone not talking to team tomorrow. Dave Caldwell will be.

1:48 PM - 1 Jan 2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Matt Hoffman

Matt Hoffman – ‏@MattHoffmanNFL

Sources: Doug Marrone has completed his interview with the #Jaguars

1:06 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Mike Kaye

Mike Kaye – Verified account ‏@mike_e_kaye

Despite this loss, I still wouldn't be shocked if Marrone was hired for the full-time gig. A lot was improved in those two weeks. #Jaguars

Watching this team this year...  I see square peg round holes everywhere.  I hated seeing the stupid LEO and OTTO crap when they were introducing our defense.  I hated hearing them pump up what Gus was building here.  He built crap.  He set a crappy standard and the game day stuff didn't pan out.

I also thought dang Bortles is a young guy who received absolutely terrible advice for the offseason last year.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Mike Kaye

Despite this loss, I still wouldn't be shocked if Marrone was hired for the full-time gig. A lot was improved in those two weeks. #Jaguars

Vomiting.

Quote:@brentasjax Gipson and Ramsey ready for change. Both really feel like they were misused in this system. They think new coaches will benefit them. #ASJax

Ummmmmm

What's there to "ummmm"? It's pretty obvious a lot of the talent has been misused
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ramsey i think would've liked some blitzing opportunities

I'm ok with Marrone if we can potentially lure a top notch Defensive coordinator as well. Maybe slap an assistant head coach title on Jim Schwartz and get the old band back together. Maybe even Wade Phillips.

Quote:Mike Kaye

Really? Did he watch the second half of the game today?

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

Quote:Ramsey i think would've liked some blitzing opportunities

I think so too.  You either let him play on an island or you mix it up with him.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm ok with Marrone if we can potentially lure a top notch Defensive coordinator as well. Maybe slap an assistant head coach title on Jim Schwartz and get the old band back together. Maybe even Wade Phillips.
I'd like wade Phillips. He'd be number 1 option for me

Quote:Really? Did he watch the second half of the game today?

I'm sure he watched the ref screw job and Myers missed field goals like the rest of us.

Quote:I'm ok with Marrone if we can potentially lure a top notch Defensive coordinator as well. Maybe slap an assistant head coach title on Jim Schwartz and get the old band back together. Maybe even Wade Phillips.
If Marrone is the guy we'll be doing this all over again in 2 years.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]