Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Really? Did he watch the second half of the game today?

Did he miss two of Myers fgs? Did he call prevent defense at the end?

Marrone isnt my top guy but things have been much better in the 2 weeks hes been hc. Blake finally looks solid again. He'll have a shot, deservedly so.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ryan O'Halloran

Ryan O'Halloran – Verified account ‏@ryanohalloran

Marrone said "nothing official," in terms of interviewing with #Jaguars

2:01 PM - 1 Jan 2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Ryan O'Halloran

Ryan O'Halloran – Verified account ‏@ryanohalloran

Marrone said staff hasn't been informed if they have freedom to pursue other employment (all under contract through 2017). #Jaguars

2:01 PM - 1 Jan 2017
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Did he miss two of Myers fgs? Did he call prevent defense at the end?

Marrone isnt my top guy but things have been much better in the 2 weeks hes been hc. Blake finally looks solid again. He'll have a shot, deservedly so.

If Marrone stays then so does Wash and thus the prevent. Hackett will as well which means 3 runs and a FG to go up by 3 will be the norm.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:If Marrone stays then so does Wash and thus the prevent. Hackett will as well which means 3 runs and a FG to go up by 3 will be the norm.

Wash has no ties to Marrone.

Marrone is a dope. Read some of the stories about him from Buffalo. Total meathead. Plus he proved today that he coaches scared in tight situations. Hard pass.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Wash has no ties to Marrone.
He lead a "top 10" and Marrone. Keeping him would be a return to the status quo.

If he get hired and does well I'll gladly eat crow but every thing he has said doesn't make me feel like anything would really change under him.

Quote:If Marrone stays then so does Wash and thus the prevent. Hackett will as well which means 3 runs and a FG to go up by 3 will be the norm.

Marrone isn't staying. None of the current staff is back in 2017
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The team showed obvious improvement in the 2 games under Marrone, which I think speaks more to their response to a disciplined, win-focus mentality than anything else.

Soft pass on Marrone, but it shows me that a coach that emphasizes discipline and accountability is the correct direction.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:The team showed obvious improvement in the 2 games under Marrone, which I think speaks more to their response to a disciplined, win-focus mentality than anything else.

Soft pass on Marrone, but it shows me that a coach that emphasizes discipline and accountability is the correct direction.

True, but we are comparing him to the worst coach in professional sports history. At the very least, he showed he is a competent head coach and wouldn't sink our franchise if he was hired. But we need a big time hire to drag this franchise out of the gutter.

Some of you needed to come back to reality after that nice win against Tennessee. I told some of you to cool it with Doug Marrone. The win was nice but it wasn't enough to gage him and his abilities as a head coach. I saw a pretty bland strategy today, we pretty much played to lose at the end of the game. 3 runs and a field goal? When Myers was kicking poorly? 3rd and 3, you atleast attempt a pass, worst case, have Bortles run for the first down. The defensive calling in that last series was brutal. Prevent the whole way and that costed us dearly. 

No, none of this staff will be back. Maybe Marrone as an assistant but other than that, they are all looking for new jobs. 

My goodness, I can't imagine what you'd be typing if they threw 2 or 3 incomplete passes and then kicked the FG. 

Probably something about how stupid they were to throw instead of running out the clock.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The team showed obvious improvement in the 2 games under Marrone, which I think speaks more to their response to a disciplined, win-focus mentality than anything else.

What's obvious improvement? Making three pass plays they should have been able to make all year? Big deal
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Marrone isn't staying. None of the current staff is back in 2017

If we won, I'd say there was a solid case for keeping them, but it's so disappointing how we lost.

But, even if we had won, I think you have to go in a different direction, and NOT keep a pseudo-Bradley culture around.

We need a completely new vision here.

Quote:My goodness, I can't imagine what you'd be typing if they threw 2 or 3 incomplete passes and then kicked the FG.

Probably something about how stupid they were to throw instead of running out the clock.

No like any sane fan I would have been glad they at least tried to win the game and go out on a high note, it's not like we had any thing to lose.

Quote:What's obvious improvement? Making three pass plays they should have been able to make all year? Big deal

If you don't think it looked like a completely different team out there the last 2 weeks then you weren't watching.

Sacks, INTs, Bortles play, everything improved noticeably.

It isn't "enough" but it showed that the change in mentality had a very obvious impact.

It makes someone like Coughlin that much more interesting, as he's a discipline focused coach.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Add to that the loss had the stink of Gus all over it.

Quote:If you don't think it looked like a completely different team out there the last 2 weeks then you weren't watching.

Sacks, INTs, Bortles play, everything improved noticeably.

It isn't "enough" but it showed that the change in mentality had a very obvious impact.

It makes someone like Coughlin that much more interesting, as he's a discipline focused coach.

I agree with this sentiment. We need somebody that can run the team like Marrone, but also somebody more proven to make good decisions on game day.

That's a strong statement.  Maybe based on a source?  Or just a confident observation?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 08:08 PM by MalabarJag.)

If they are under contract for 2017 then the new head coach would have a say in that. Most will probably be allowed to walk. I hope the new coach keeps Sullivan.

I hope Sullivan stays.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"