Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Once again, please no hot coordinator who has no HC experience!  Let him learn on someone else's team.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It just sux to go into ANOTHER offseason not knowing who our coach is.

Another summer of grief.

Good grief.

I hope we do something amazing like bill cower

Quote:Once again, please no hot coordinator who has no HC experience! Let him learn on someone else's team.

Not sure how reliable, but it was reported that HC experience was pretty high on the list, as was being a proven winner at some point
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Once again, please no hot coordinator who has no HC experience!  Let him learn on someone else's team.  
I can kinda understand this sentiment.

However, under this logic

Dallas was silly for hiring Tom Landry

Green Bay was dumb for hiring this guy named Vince Lombardi, and another guy named Mike Holmgren.

Washington was out of their minds for hiring Joe Gibbs

The Bucs never should have hired Tony Dungy

The Bengals never should have hired Marvin Lewis

There were these guys named Noll, Cowher and Tomlin who never should have sullied the Pittsburgh franchise.

Chicago should have never hired Mike Ditka or Lovie Smith

Denver should have never hired Dan Reeves

Mike Smith should have never had the chance to become the franchise's all time best coach in terms of W-L record in Atlanta.

New Orleans were ain'ts for hiring Sean Payton.

Furthermore, there are plenty of teams that have hired proven head coaches that failed.

Cleveland and KC failed with Romeo Crennel

Tampa failed with Ray Perkins and Sam Wyche.

Marion Campbell had myriad failed stints as a head coach.

and countless others.

The point is, there is an argument to be made for hiring an experienced head coach.  But there is a stronger argument to be made for the right coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

@profootballtalk Cards offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin to interview with Jaguars this week https://t.co/lwzqVOcKXn

I mean, the Cards do have the #11 scoring offense in the league. I'm sure Fitz and Johnson help anyone though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I mean, the Cards do have the #11 scoring offense in the league. I'm sure Fitz and Johnson help anyone though.
Let's be not fooled like we were with Gus.

That offense moves because of Arians.

Quote:Let's be not fooled like we were with Gus.

That offense moves because of Arians.

I agree. He's not even on my list.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Not sure how reliable, but it was reported that HC experience was pretty high on the list, as was being a proven winner at some point

Other then Tom Coughlin, who else out there has those qualifications that is actually available to hire as the Jags next HC? Maybe someone from college, or was the experience supposed to be from the NFL?

I'd like to see a few of those names.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It just sux to go into ANOTHER offseason not knowing who our coach is.

Another summer of grief.

Good grief.

I hope we do something amazing like bill cower

I don't agree with that. I'm very happy the Jags aren't going into another season with Gus as HC. Finally, after wasting either 2 or 3 years, depending on when you think it should have already happened.

Another summer of hope, not grief. Grief was what you saw the last 4 years with Gus, even longer really, but Gus was supposed to...............................well nevermind, you know what he was supposed to do.

We haven't hired anyone yet. Probably because target coaches are still in the playoff race. This is why I didn't understand firing Gus with two games left. Did it boost our team? Sure. To a 3-13 record. We didn't get any advantage over firing Gus as late in the season as we did since we are still "searching" for a coach at the conclusion of the season. I'm sure the reasoning will be to give the new coach a good look at our talent, but that's been on paper all season long (for the most part). I dunno. It's water under the bridge now but I still don't understand the move.

According to Jalen and Tashaun, it's time to clean house.

Quote:We haven't hired anyone yet. Probably because target coaches are still in the playoff race. This is why I didn't understand firing Gus with two games left. Did it boost our team? Sure. To a 3-13 record. We didn't get any advantage over firing Gus as late in the season as we did since we are still "searching" for a coach at the conclusion of the season. I'm sure the reasoning will be to give the new coach a good look at our talent, but that's been on paper all season long (for the most part). I dunno. It's water under the bridge now but I still don't understand the move.

The move was solely to give the fans a Xmas present, which came from beating the heck out of the hated playoff bound tacks. They knew Gus would NEVER win that game. That's why the move was made.

It also gave us 8 quarters to answer questions about the talent being used by a different coach and if it would matter. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

McCoy just got fired.

Marvin Lewis/ Mike Smith HC

McCoy OC

Make it happen.

Quote:McCoy just got fired.

Marvin Lewis/ Mike Smith HC

McCoy OC

Make it happen.

Marvin Lewis is like a poor man's Marty Schottenheimer, given the choice of the two I'd take Smith.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:According to Jalen and Tashaun, it's time to clean house.

See ya Tashaun
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's automatically Mike Smith guys. Too many openings for us to be picky.

Quote:It's automatically Mike Smith guys. Too many openings for us to be picky.
Kubiak kinda hosed us with his retirement. I felt like we were a top 3 spot for a coach until I saw he was retiring. Although there offense is a mess and Lynch looks bad.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Kubiak kinda hosed us with his retirement. I felt like we were a top 3 spot for a coach until I saw he was retiring. Although there offense is a mess and Lynch looks bad.

Not in love with Smith, but he isn't Gus, so he has that going for him.