Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Also just reported that we will be interviewing Kyle Shanahan, current OC in ATL this Friday for the HC position as well. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If I had to guess, that would be Sean Payton.

Even though the team did not win yesterday, on the whole, they came to play these last two weeks, which is more than what we can say about the team under Bradley.

Marrone et al seems to be able to get the most out of Bortles.

I was a Marrone advocate before he took over.  Nothing that has transpired since has changed my opinion.
Or Tom Coughlin, who talked with Shad Khan last Wednesday. 

I thought we couldn't interview playoff team coaches until they're eliminated. Is it bc they have a bye?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Have the Jags even sniffed around Mike Smith?

Quote:I thought we couldn't interview playoff team coaches until they're eliminated. Is it bc they have a bye?

Yes this weekend is their only opportunity to interview until they are eliminated

Quote:That would be curious considering TC interviewed for the same opening currently occupied by Marrone.

If this happened, I think that would let me know TC wanted total control and wasn't going to get it here, or perhaps he said this at some point throughout the season when Caldwell consulted with TC.

Sam Kouvaris reported that Coughlin was no longer being considered yesterday or the day before.

I'm skeptical about the claim to begin with since I'm fairly certain Khan isn't running around disclosing his conversations to Ian Rapoport. .
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Have the Jags even sniffed around Mike Smith?

If they have it's been kept under wraps. Right now it seems that Caldwell is convinced our greatest bane is the offensive side of the football. He hasn't been pegged to any defensive minded coach so far this off-season. We know he had Goodwin out of ARZ, now he's linked to McDaniels out of NE and Shanahan out of ATL. So it's becoming clear that he may not see any defensive mindset valuable to this team as the headman. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Someone just texted me we are talking to Jim Zorn. Please tell me this is a joke or we have an open janitor position.
Only a chump boos the home team!

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status...0044877824

An argument for Shanahan.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Also just reported that we will be interviewing Kyle Shanahan, current OC in ATL this Friday for the HC position as well.

Yay! Another flavor of the day young coordinator with no head coaching experience. That seems to be the best approach.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:19 AM by Caldrac.)

Kyle Shanahan isn't a bad option. I liked his work in Houston when he had the tinhorns running and passing like crazy with Schaub as his QB. The same balanced approach on offense that was seen in HOU was also seen in WAS before his old man got canned. And it's the same style you're seeing now in ATL. He'd figure out a way to get this offense balanced. I like him more than McDaniels. But I still think we need an old head that's been there and done it before. 

Quote:Yay! Another flavor of the day young coordinator with no head coaching experience. That seems to be the best approach.

Why so salty?  Kidding...  yeah feel the same way.  I'm not excited for this process this time.  Just too much of same ole, same ole for me.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Yay! Another flavor of the day young coordinator with no head coaching experience. That seems to be the best approach.

It's hit or miss. Gase in Miami seems to have figured it out with the phins. It wasn't always pretty this year but they can at least claim they've earned that 6th seed. 

BUT. I am with you. I want an old head in here that's done it before. 

I agree with you. I just dont see the concept behind it. An inexperienced coach is risky, we are looking for a quick turn around, Im just not sure going to inexperienced coordinator route is the best option. 

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:28 AM by BklynJag.)

Oh please no on marrone

@rapsheet #Jaguars owner Shad Khan has solicited many opinions on his opening. One Super Bowl-winning coach advised him to promote Doug Marrone.

Mike Smith HC

McCoy OC

Wade Phillips DC

AFC championship game 2018

Had the Jags continued to dominate the 2nd half yesterday, Marrone could have created a mystique about himself.

Quote:Mike Smith HC

McCoy OC

Wade Phillips DC

AFC championship game 2018
Smith is a 4-3 guy.  Phillips is a 3-4 guy.

Wouldn't seem to be a match.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just goes to show Khan doesnt know what to do when he is always asking others for advise.

What is with this Wade Phillips talk? Why would he make a lateral move from arguably the leagues best defense?