Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:42 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Just goes to show Khan doesnt know what to do when he is always asking others for advise.

Would you prefer a guy who isn't a football guy just make his own uninformed decision on the coaching search?

Weaver sought advice when he first bought the team.  It resulted in Coughlin.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just goes to show Khan doesnt know what to do when he is always asking others for advise.

This is what confuses me. People try to blame Khan for Bradley not being fired earlier than he was in an attempt to make Caldwell look like a competent GM. Either the owner is involved in football operations or he isn't. Khan has previously said he is not a football guy and will let them make the decisions.

In conclusion, Caldwell got to go!

Quote:What is with this Wade Phillips talk? Why would he make a lateral move from arguably the leagues best defense?

Philosophy could change under a new head coach. Plus, Wade may be ready to move on elsewhere warmer. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:41 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Philosophy could change under a new head coach. Plus, Wade may be ready to move on elsewhere warmer.
I understand this is a wish list and all speculation, but he isn't coming here, lol.

Elway will land a top candidate and Romo and they will be back in the mix next yr.

Quote:This is what confuses me. People try to blame Khan for Bradley not being fired earlier than he was in an attempt to make Caldwell look like a competent GM. Either the owner is involved in football operations or he isn't. Khan has previously said he is not a football guy and will let them make the decisions.

In conclusion, Caldwell got to go!

Or, you know, you could just listen to what they're saying. 

Nah, FIRE E'RY  BUDY!!!

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I understand this is a wish list and all speculation, but he isn't coming here, lol.

Please no, we don't need Puddin' Head here. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I understand this is a wish list and all speculation, but he isn't coming here, lol.

I didn't even think of him coming here myself. I think if he did make a move he would head to a team that's more poised and primed already to make a run. A team like Pittsburgh who could use the coaching up. Or a team like New England if they end up losing Matt Patricia to a head coaching job this off-season. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Kevin Patra – Verified account ‏@kpatra

Hmmm. @PSchrags says Gus Bradley is the No. 1 DC candidate. So much so, offensive-minded coaches pitching bringing Gus with them.

6:37 AM - 2 Jan 2017

Quote:Kevin Patra – Verified account ‏@kpatra

Hmmm. @PSchrags says Gus Bradley is the No. 1 DC candidate. So much so, offensive-minded coaches pitching bringing Gus with them.

6:37 AM - 2 Jan 2017

Won't be here. LOL. 

Just a reminder, McDaniels hired Mike McCoy as his offensive coordinator when he was in Denver, so there is a history between them.

I am very curious to see how Gus performs as a DC without Seattle personnel. If he is successful, it will be another #because jaguar moment.

Quote:I am very curious to see how Gus performs as a DC without Seattle personnel. If he is successful, it will be another #because jaguar moment.

Why? He wasn't the DC here. He might be the best DC ever by the end of his career, but he's also the worst HC in history.

Quote:What is with this Wade Phillips talk? Why would he make a lateral move from arguably the leagues best defense?

His contract is about to expire. As to why he'd consider going elsewhere? $$$

Quote:Why? He wasn't the DC here. He might be the best DC ever by the end of his career, but he's also the worst HC in history.

He was the HC and had a clear say on how the defense was run and who he hired to run it.

Quote:He was the HC and had a clear say on how the defense was run and who he hired to run it.

But his success as a DC is Seattle didn't translate to success here, what he does elsewhere as a DC doesn't translate to #becausejaguars. 

#becausejaguars would be Gus the HC wins 13 games as coach of the Browns or Rams next season. That would cause a waiting line at the Modis building!

Quote:Just a reminder, McDaniels hired Mike McCoy as his offensive coordinator when he was in Denver, so there is a history between them.

That's a good point. And that could end up being the scenario wherever McDaniels ends up this off-season. I still find it unsettling though if we do end up hiring him. I'll give him a chance, as a fan you really don't have a choice. LOL. But, if he does flop and make really, REALLY stupid personnel decisions and starts trading X, Y & Z away and we only win 5 or 6 games in back-to-back seasons it'll get ugly fast. 

Denver's no letting him walk.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I like the way they are leaning in this search. McDaniels and Shanahan, offensive side of the ball, enough with the defensive guys.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Just goes to show how woefully ignorant and gullible you are.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Just goes to show how woefully ignorant and gullible you are.

How so? Its the truth. He botched this thing with Gus. Rumor has it, Dave didnt want Gus and Khan did. Then he keeps the guy wayyyyyyy too long.