Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Shanny and McDaniels my top 2 guys as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Or Sean Payton. I want an offensive mastermind

Quote:So you just make random statements?

Welcome to the board!

Yeah was gonna say that it would be weird for McDaniels to hire a big name OC to run his offense. Whooooosh

NFL head coach experience should NOT matter in our decision process (maybe .05% matter).

We just need to impossibly find the best candidate for the position.

Tomlin, the Harbaughs, Carrol, etc all did not have HC experience at this level.

Quote:NFL head coach experience should NOT matter in our decision process (maybe .05% matter).

We just need to impossibly find the best candidate for the position.

Tomlin, the Harbaughs, Carrol, etc all did not have HC experience at this level.

Carroll was a head coach in both New York and New England before Seattle.

No Wade Phillips, no McDaniels. Just no. Also LA, SF, and Denver are all storied franchises. Y'all are ignant to think our team is more desirable. We are small market garbage.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Carroll was a head coach in both New York and New England before Seattle.

I can't believe I forgot that, lol thanks

Quote:No Wade Phillips, no McDaniels. Just no. Also LA, SF, and Denver are all storied franchises. Y'all are ignant to think our team is more desirable. We are small market garbage.

You're right. Let's say [BLEEP] it and bring Gus back. No use in trying.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:No Wade Phillips, no McDaniels. Just no. Also LA, SF, and Denver are all storied franchises. Y'all are ignant to think our team is more desirable. We are small market garbage.
yeah, that would be stupid to being in one of the best offensive and defensive coaches.

Watch us hire an OC as a head coach then the defense falls apart next year. 

This team has always been at it's roots a strong defense and good running game. Give me Mike Smith, work the o-line in FA and draft, take the best running back at 4 overall. Call it a day. 

Quote:You're right. Let's say [BAD WORD REMOVED] it and bring Gus back. No use in trying.
Yup that's exactly what I said. Don't be mad because I'm right. Don't act like we have more to offer than these other teams looking for HC. Because we don't.

Quote:yeah, that would be stupid to being in one of the best offensive and defensive coaches.
Wade Phillips is a bad DC. And McDaniels is a terrible HC. The offense wouldn't improve at all with him at HC.

Quote:Wade Phillips is a bad DC. And McDaniels is a terrible HC. The offense wouldn't improve at all with him at HC.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Mcdaniels is.  Look at his denver tenture. If the d wasnt great.  Wouldn't even be in talks. 

Quote:.................

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Mcdaniels is.  Look at his denver tenture. If the d wasnt great.  Wouldn't even be in talks. 
There is so many failed first time HC's. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another shot/can't become a good HC.

Quote:Wade Phillips is a bad DC.

I am known for not wanting a 3-4 scheme here, but Wade Phillips is a GREAT defensive coordinator-quite possibly the best 3-4 coordinator out there.  He has succeeded everywhere he has been.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:There is so many failed first time HC's. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another shot/can't become a good HC.

Not singling you out, C-Dub.

But I have seen sentiments of this nature-that McDaniels has learned from his mistakes in the past and will be a better head coach now.

While that may be true, while a person IS capable of learning from prior mistakes, why does he get so much of the benefit of the doubt from fans in this area?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Not singling you out, C-Dub.

But I have seen sentiments of this nature-that McDaniels has learned from his mistakes in the past and will be a better head coach now.

While that may be true, while a person IS capable of learning from prior mistakes, why does he get so much of the benefit of the doubt from fans in this area?

Cause he's probably the Top Candidate from a media perspective available.

•He had Orton with no WR's and HB

•He did not have anywhere close to the same D as Denver has now

Yet he still won 6 straight including a win against the Pats.

If he didn't make silly personell decisions a GM would normally make, he would've been a very good HC.

Quote:Not singling you out, C-Dub.

I never said he has learned, I said he could have. That will be up to Dave/Shad and the search firm if they think he has or not. If they think he has, than I see no reason not to give him a shot because he's highly viewed pretty much all across the league as an offensive mind that we need with Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 03:41 PM by Setsuna00.)

Quote:.................

Quote:I am known for not wanting a 3-4 scheme here, but Wade Phillips is a GREAT defensive coordinator-quite possibly the best 3-4 coordinator out there.  He has succeeded everywhere he has been.
Ok let me give you stats then.

Wade Phillips

DC for SD Chargers 2004-2006: Total Defense Rankings - 18th, 20th, 23rd respectively.

DC for Dallas 2007-2010: Total Defense Rankings - 24th, 25th, 24th, 10th respectively.

DC for Texans 2011-2013: Total Defense Rankings - 31st, 26th, 26th respectively

DC for Denver Broncos 2015: Total Defense Rankings - 32nd

So tell me how Wade Phillips isn't a bad DC with 10+ years of stats to give you. I'll wait...