Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Cause he's probably the Top Candidate from a media perspective available.

•He had Orton with no WR's and HB

•He did not have anywhere close to the same D as Denver has now

Yet he still won 6 straight including a win against the Pats.

If he didn't make silly personell decisions a GM would normally make, he would've been a very good HC.

IDK about a very good HC because I know he got under some players skin (probably partly due to him having personnel control though, dealing a nice young QB and elite WR probably didn't help his standing), but there's no doubt Denver wasn't exactly top end in talent. Plus a first time HC having personnel control? That's a recipe for failure, especially when he worked under BB who runs an organization that not many can. JMD tried to follow that approach and got laughed out of the building.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 03:44 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Ok let me give you stats then.

Wade Phillips

DC for SD Chargers 2004-2006: Total Defense Rankings - 18th, 20th, 23rd respectively.

DC for Dallas 2007-2010: Total Defense Rankings - 24th, 25th, 24th, 10th respectively.

DC for Texans 2011-2013: Total Defense Rankings - 31st, 26th, 26th respectively

DC for Denver Broncos 2015: Total Defense Rankings - 32nd

So tell me how Wade Phillips isn't a bad DC with 10+ years of stats to give you. I'll wait...
[BAD WORD REMOVED] are you talking about?

4th in defense this year, 1st in defense last year, 7th in 2013 as DC in HOU, 7th in 2012, and 2nd in 2011.

Those are his most recent defenses he has run.

Obvious trolling at this point. Get outta here with that BS.

Quote:IDK about a very good HC because I know he got under some players skin (probably partly due to him having personnel control though, dealing a nice young QB and elite WR probably didn't help his standing), but there's no doubt Denver wasn't exactly top end in talent. Plus a first time HC having personnel control? That's a recipe for failure, especially when he worked under BB who runs an organization that not many can. JMD tried to follow that approach and got laughed out of the building.

He got rid of cutler and Marshall and it caused a mutiny.. turns out he was right to get rid of both

Josh McDaniels would be my choice..     knows how to win.  Knows how to get first-downs too..

Then we need solid having won a Superbowl coordinators..

NO to Mike Smith and almost all of the others mentioned, including Marrone.

We are poised and ready to win, we just need the chessmaster..  Whomever we get, needs to be that, and there aren't many to choose from..  There might not be anyone suitable and available this year.

I wonder what McDaniels thinks of Bortles, Bortles I think is by far his best option out of all the opportunities he has.

I'd love to see what he could offer Blake

[Image: barsuc_zpsx6vlydbd.gif]

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

If McDaniels can muster up wins with Garopollo and Brissett as QBs then I feel confident he could do something with BB.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 04:02 PM by Bullseye.)

Wade Phillips

DC for SD Chargers 2004-2006: Total Defense Rankings - 18th, 20th, 23rd respectively.

DC for Dallas 2007-2010: Total Defense Rankings - 24th, 25th, 24th, 10th respectively.

So tell me how Wade Phillips isn't a bad DC with 10+ years of stats to give you. I'll wait...
Not sure where you got your rankings.

2015 Broncos finished first in defense, not 32nd. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?a...&Submit=Go

What I think you did was go to NFL.com and pull up the annual defensive rankings, but they show the rankings in inverse order (from worst to first).  If you look at the yardage totals down that column, the numbers get smaller.  Without adjusting, that 2013 Houston team appears to be ranked 26th.  Click that red arrow, and you will get the true order.

Think about it.  Were the 2013 Jaguars better than Houston defensively, much less 21 spots better?

In fact, here's his entire career as a head coach or coordinator...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/co...hilWa0.htm

If you look under the 5th heading labeled "defense", there are three subcategories...yds, points, and takeaways.

Since 1981, his defenses-either as a head coach or coordinator-have been top ten in yards some EIGHTEEN (18) times.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 04:01 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://s164.photobucket.com/user/wesa2j06/media/barsuc_zpsx6vlydbd.gif.html'>[Image: barsuc_zpsx6vlydbd.gif]</a>
Yeah, exactly. "Wade Phillips is a terrible DC."

Lol...

Lol at Denver being 32nd in 2015. Just lol.

Quote:Yeah, exactly. "Wade Phillips is a terrible DC."

Lol...
If he did what I THINK he did, I could see his mistake.  I give him credit for at least challenging my assertion by examining stats.  I don't know why the worst to first is the NFL.com default standing there.

There is so much WIN in this thread, I don't know where to begin. We could pull Lombardi in at HC, Bum Phillips in at DC, and Don Coryell in at OC and 80% of the board would find something to complain about.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:How does this sound to people?

HC: Josh McDaniels

OC: Mike McCoy

DC: Mike Vrabel

I think those two have a real chance to be the coordinators under McDaniels.
I don't know how Vrabel is as a coach.  But, loved him as a player.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Wade Phillips is a bad DC. And McDaniels is a terrible HC. The offense wouldn't improve at all with him at HC.

Do you even know who Wade Phillips is? Apparently not.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 04:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Wade Phillips

you thought Den had the worst defense in the league last year when thry won the SB? SMH, i honestly dont think you even keep up with football. You are nothing but a troll

Quote:I don't know how Vrabel is as a coach.  But, loved him as a player.
I'm betting in time, Vrabel could become an excellent coach.

He played for two of the best coaches in Cowher and Belichick.

He did not have overwhelming talent, and to have lasted as long as he did under Belichick, he had to be smart.

It's one thing for a poster to post on this board and clearly have zero clue about Wade Phillips' career in the NFL.  

(Especially since he did it so well for three years with a division rival!!)

It's an additional thing for that same person to be unable to interpret a simple chart that shows exactly how good his defenses have been. 

Those two things add up to a  whole lot of fail. 

Quote:Do you even know who Wade Phillips is? Apparently not.
its clear he is a troll, dont feed the trolls. Or an idiot or both. How could anyone think Den had the worst D in the league last year when they won the SB. Their D is the reason they won

lol you guys retired Kyjaggy and setsuna all in one week. You guys are in a roll.