Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:[Image: 200.gif#9]

Lol I'm not saying knock the door down to get him but some coaches are better coordinators. his offenses have been good he just makes awful personnel decisions.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/chip-kelly-trent-baalke-undermined-me-ill-be-an-assistant-coach/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/chip-kelly-trent-baalke-undermined-me-ill-be-an-assistant-coach/</a>

My main issue with Chip was what he did to the personnel in Philly. As an OC there is virtually no way he is messing with any personnel and the head coach does have the final say. I am definitely intrigued by him as strictly an OC. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Chip Kelly said he is looking to be an O coordinator. I know he's an awful HC but it will be interesting to see how he does as a coordinator.
Im fine with him as either coordinator or coach. His problems stem from him being a GM, not his coaching ability.

Quote:We need to have a hc in place this month the earlier the better.  And if a super bowl coach said marrone is great?  Probaly Tom.  Reason why not coming here.  Then, how he is not in the running never know?  I personally think Marrone would bring in new guys for coordinators and assistants.  Unless keeps hackett. 

That would be my fear, keeping Hackett.  Imo, it needs to be a clean sweep with the exception of Marrone.  And since it's not going to be Coughlin, I'd feel most confident with a hire if it were Mike Smith with Doug Marrone as 1A.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Im fine with him as either coordinator or coach. His problems stem from him being a GM, not his coaching ability.

Not a fan of him as HC because he still decides who starts. He also seems to have verbal shuffles with the front office.

The Jags could have an all retread coaching staff

HC Jeff Fisher

OC Chip Kelly

DC Rex Ryan

It would be the greatest disaster, the perfect storm.  

Sick :yucky:

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:The Jags could have an all retread coaching staff

HC Jeff Fisher

OC Chip Kelly

DC Rex Ryan

Just the thought of this makes my soul cry.

HC Jeff Fisher

OC Chip Kelly

DC Rex Ryan

I expect so much better from you, sir.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:My main issue with Chip was what he did to the personnel in Philly. As an OC there is virtually no way he is messing with any personnel and the head coach does have the final say. I am definitely intrigued by him as strictly an OC. 
I like Chip as a play caller, only issue is he will bolt to college after next year, so no way I would hire him

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Anyone want to predict the HC hires?

Bills - Anthony Lynn

Broncos - Kyle Shanahan

Jaguars - Mike Smith

Rams - Josh McDaniels

Chargers - Vance Joseph or Matt Patricia

49ers - Tom Cable or Doug Marrone

Tom Cable?

'02

HC Jeff Fisher

OC Chip Kelly

DC Rex Ryan

That would be like having a foursome with Rosie O'Donnell, Rosanne Barr, and Whoopie Goldberg.   

Lol @ Bortles in a Chip Kelly offense.

Chip's offense can line up and run two plays by the time Bortles finishes his windmill delivery.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I expect so much better from you, sir.

I wasnt serious but if I were:

[Image: 200_s.gif#54]

Quote:Tom Cable?

Might as well stuck with Tomsula if that's the hire.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I think you guys truly underestimate the ineptness of San Fran.

Quote:I think you guys truly underestimate the ineptness of San Fran.

Jeff Fisher
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I think you guys truly underestimate the ineptness of San Fran.

The fact that they traded for Gabbert then proceeded to start him this year pretty much solidifies their ineptness.

Quote:Jeff Fisher

I don't see him getting a HC position for 2017. He will likely land as a DC somewhere or take some time off. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I don't see him getting a HC position for 2017. He will likely land as a DC somewhere or take some time off.

I agree. Just saying they're inept enough to do something like that
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS