Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:I think Patricia is going to be the one. 

Just a gut feeling...
That would be so dumb, no thanks to another first time coach thats a DC, plus he is doing it due to Bellicheck being the HC

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Starts with a B and ends with an N?
lol. 

TWigg just said on twitter the whole Doug Marrone interview "has legs". Not sure what the heck that means.

Marrone coming in for an interview has legs? Him being a serious candidate has legs? He is likely the next coach?

I hate when people tweet like that. lol.

Quote:lol.

TWigg just said on twitter the whole Doug Marrone interview "has legs". Not sure what the heck that means.

Marrone coming in for an interview has legs? Him being a serious candidate has legs? He is likely the next coach?

I hate when people tweet like that. lol.
Lol. That's a weird tweet. It's kind of like when an attorney says their case "holds water". Like really? Hahaz
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Lol. That's a weird tweet. It's kind of like when an attorney says their case "holds water". Like really? Hahaz
Yeah...hopefully he clarifies it.

I did hear him on radio saying he is an actual candidate. I'd imagine that's all that was. But when you tweet stuff like that, it sounds like more than "just a candidate".

Quote:Yeah...hopefully he clarifies it.

I did hear him on radio saying he is an actual candidate. I'd imagine that's all that was. But when you tweet stuff like that, it sounds like more than "just a candidate".

We better hope hes wrong.

Quote:We better hope hes wrong.
Like I said, he isn't who I want. I want to clean house. But let's not act like Marrone is a bad candidate here. Apparently either Tom, Belicheck, or Payton talked to Khan about him and said we should hire him. He had huge success turning a terrible Syracuse program around and getting them into bowls. Went to Buffalo and got to 9 wins with Kyle Orton at QB. Came here and in his 2 games as HC made the offense look totally competent again while only having a few days of practice to put his mark on it/work with Blake.

He is clearly after Shanny/McD/Smith for me as a candidate, but he's a good coach. He'd at least get this team turned around and into a .500-10 win team again imo. Would he be able to do more than that? IDK. But I don't think we really have a very good idea if any of the guys we interview can do that as none has done it.

Quote:Not my guy, but IDK why this is the thinking. He is NOTHING like Gus. 

Like they have a clue. Like anyone has a clue.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Like they have a clue. Like anyone has a clue.
No one has a clue? He's an NFL coach. Go look up Doug Marrone and read about him. It's pretty well documented he's a hard nosed/no nonsense coach. One has HC exp. coming in. One was a DC under Pete Carroll (who is a defensive minded HC) that ran Carroll's defense.

Yeah, their exactly the same.

Quote:No one has a clue? He's an NFL coach. Go look up Doug Marrone and read about him. It's pretty well documented he's a hard nosed/no nonsense coach. One has HC exp. coming in. One was a DC under Pete Carroll (who is a defensive minded HC) that ran Carroll's defense.

Yeah, their exactly the same.

No one has a clue as to who will be or should be hired.

But Brooklyn will continue quoting twitter posts from people we've never heard of - and then give us his editorial comment (invariably negative).

I hope someone that Brooklyn is pulling against gets hired so we can get 52 more weeks of terrific insight and analysis.

Unless you know Tony Khan and somehow get him drunk (does he drink? is he allowed to drink?) we all know the same thing - which is nothing.

Quote:No one has a clue as to who will be or should be hired.

But Brooklyn will continue quoting twitter posts from people we've never heard of - and then give us his editorial comment (invariably negative).

I hope someone that Brooklyn is pulling against gets hired so we can get 52 more weeks of terrific insight and analysis.

Unless you know Tony Khan and somehow get him drunk (does he drink? is he allowed to drink?) we all know the same thing - which is nothing.
The post you quoted was to me saying Doug Marrone is nothing like Gus. I think you quoted the wrong post then.

Yeah, no one really does know anything when it comes to who is hired.

Quote:The post you quoted was to me saying Doug Marrone is nothing like Gus. I think you quoted the wrong post then.

Yeah, no one really does know anything when it comes to who is hired.

Probably. Hey, it's late.

My point is - while it's fun to speculate and pontificate, many people do it with such certainty. Which is silly and pointless.

Quote:I hope not. No more Seattle coaches.

I think Tom Cable will get at least one HC interview but would be surprised if the Jaguars expressed interest in him.

Quote:Isn't he the guy who beat up one of his assistant coaches when he was in Oakland?

Absolutely!

From the perspective of the late Al ' Just Win, Baby' Davis,  I'm far from certain what Tom Cable did that day was looked upon as a bad thing.  

Quote:I'm confident we won't be picking from the Carroll coaching tree for the next hire.

Agreed,

So far,  the 49ers have reportedly expressed interest in Tom Cable.   No other team I'm aware of at present has been mentioned as a landing spot for him.

Is everybody assuming that if Marrone gets the HC job he will just keep all the current Jags staff in place?

I don't necessarily think that's the case.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Is everybody assuming that if Marrone gets the HC job he will just keep all the current Jags staff in place?

I don't necessarily think that's the case.

Doug Marrone probably would keep some of the current Jags staff.   But considering the team results,  it's hard to envision Marrone NOT making major changes with the staff.  

Quote:  Doug Marrone probably would keep some of the current Jags staff.   But considering the team results,  it's hard to envision Marrone NOT making major changes with the staff.  
Hackett and who else exactly? Maybe an assistant OL coach/position coach or two on defense somewhere, but for the most part it'd have to be different for Caldwell and co. to seriously considering Marrone. There's no way they hire a guy if a solid portion of the staff that just failed miserably sticks.

He was getting an interview regardless due to him being an interim and a legit HC candidate. I doubt he gets it...but it wouldn't shock me.

Quote:Hackett and who else exactly? Maybe an assistant OL coach/position coach or two on defense somewhere, but for the most part it'd have to be different for Caldwell and co. to seriously considering Marrone. There's no way they hire a guy if a solid portion of the staff that just failed miserably sticks.

He was getting an interview regardless due to him being an interim and a legit HC candidate. I doubt he gets it...but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm my opinion if he was to get the job and keep any of the current staff it's a waste of time. I don't feel like Hackett did enough to justify one more year.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Hackett and who else exactly? Maybe an assistant OL coach/position coach or two on defense somewhere, but for the most part it'd have to be different for Caldwell and co. to seriously considering Marrone. There's no way they hire a guy if a solid portion of the staff that just failed miserably sticks.

WR Coach Jerry Sullivan comes to mind as one possibility if he wants to continue coaching.  

LB Coach Robert Saleh also comes to mind.   Especially,  considering Telvin Smith's progress.

Quote:I'm my opinion if he was to get the job and keep any of the current staff it's a waste of time. I don't feel like Hackett did enough to justify one more year.
Hackett was Marrone's OC in Buffalo.

Hackett took over as OC midseason after Blake was a lost cause. The fact Blake looked like he did the final two games was rather impressive to me. His footwork was a lot better. I'd imagine both Marrone/Hackett likely had something to do with it, and Blake points it out in the Diroc article.