Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

are you serious........ New to J-ville?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What about this as a billboard in Jax?

[Image: Image_1.jpg]
We've been in the cellar of the NFL for too long for me to think this is funny. Sorry.

Quote:    It looks like what I expressed earlier this evening won't be the case:

Report: Vance Joseph wouldn’t keep Wade Phillips

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-phillips/
good call. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

DC's that get a HC gig always want their defense being run where they go. No DC that goes to Denver would likely keep Wade unless he plays a similar defense that the HC would run.

Quote:We've been in the cellar of the NFL for too long for me to think this is funny. Sorry.
Please no fisher. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Anyone who's read my posts here knows I'm very much anti-Fisher. Just poking fun
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Anyone who's read my posts here knows I'm very much anti-Fisher. Just poking fun
No, I know that lol. Just saying we've been bad for too long to even joke about it imo.

No one has to worry about Fisher. He isn't coaching anywhere for a couple years at least, and likely not as a HC.

Quote: It looks like what I expressed earlier this evening won't be the case:

Report: Vance Joseph wouldn’t keep Wade Phillips

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/report-vance-joseph-wouldnt-keep-wade-phillips/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/report-vance-joseph-wouldnt-keep-wade-phillips/</a>

Can't say that I'm upset. Bring Phillips to Jacksonville.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Can't say that I'm upset. Bring Phillips to Jacksonville.

The combo of Wade Phillips as Jaguars Defensive Coordinator,   with the team signing UFA Broncos NT Sylvester Williams as an UFA ( a foundation 3-4 scheme piece ),  could very well be appealing to Dave Caldwell and the team's new HC.  

Quote:DC's that get a HC gig always want their defense being run where they go. No DC that goes to Denver would likely keep Wade unless he plays a similar defense that the HC would run.

One exception is when then Vikings DC Mike Tomlin became the Steelers HC,   instead of bring the Tampa Two scheme base to Pittsburgh,  he kept the zone-blitz 3-4 base scheme of D.LeBeau and maintained LeBeau as DC.   It certainly worked out well for the Steelers,  Tomlin,  and LeBeau.

Quote:good call. 

That one didn't work out but I plan on taking another swing again.   LOL

Quote: The combo of Wade Phillips as Jaguars Defensive Coordinator, with the team signing UFA Broncos NT Sylvester Williams as an UFA ( a foundation 3-4 scheme piece ), could very well be appealing to Dave Caldwell and the team's new HC.

He declined badly this year apparently D6. Broncoss fans have trashed him all year

Quote:He declined badly this year apparently D6. Broncoss fans have trashed him all year

That might turn out to be a break for the team that lands him in Free Agency.   Sylvester WIlliams was dealing with a shoulder injury,  dating back to training camp and he suffered an ankle injury during the season.  If he was relatively healthy,  the chances of him hitting the open market would have been less.   The key question with Williams is has injuries taken a permanent toll?    Probably not but there's risk with him.

Quote:What about this as a billboard in Jax?

[Image: Image_1.jpg]

Literally saw this post pictured his voice and almost fell asleep at the wheel. This guy has to be the most mundane person on the planet.

Hicken says he keeps hearing Marrone

Quote:Hicken says he keeps hearing Marrone

I don't understand hiring a search group and then going the "safe" route to maintain continuity for Bortles.  I guess the owner is all in on him.  Let's hope Bortles can reward that type of loyalty.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I don't understand hiring a search group and then going the "safe" route to maintain continuity for Bortles.  I guess the owner is all in on him.  Let's hope Bortles can reward that type of loyalty.
What's even more maddening is the fact that they could have had half a season to actually get a look at him.... But they kept Gus WAY too long and now they're stuck.

Quote:Hicken says he keeps hearing Marrone

On the upside, if Dave really has built a talented roster, Marrone offers continuity and a good chance to maximize that talent immediately.

On the downside, if the team rolls with Marrone and they turn out another losing season, Khan can cut bait on Marrone, Caldwell, and Bortles all at the same time, just as he did with Gene Smith and Mike Mularkey.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 09:35 AM by BklynJag.)

@rapsheet The #Jaguars met with interim coach Doug Marrone all day and late into the night on Thursday, source said. Sounds like it went well.

Good lord. I dont think this organization knows what its doing.

Quote:On the upside, if Dave really has built a talented roster, Marrone offers continuity and a good chance to maximize that talent immediately.

On the downside, if the team rolls with Marrone and they turn out another losing season, Khan can cut bait on Marrone, Caldwell, and Bortles all at the same time, just as he did with Gene Smith and Mike Mularkey.
Continuity? From what? A team that won 3 games last year? Yea.... That sounds smart.

Continuity is the dumbest thing when you're talking about the previous staff.