Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 01:45 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Quote:It seems to me than Khan doesn't really care about ticket sales and energizing the fan base. And that's a good thing. He's going to do what he thinks best. If it works out and the team improves the fans will come.

I've never been a big believer that marketing much matters. Are you telling me that you'll buy or not buy based on a particular marketing campaign? I don't think so, and I don't think other people are less smart than you or me. Tom Coughlin is the only one who may, may, move the needle on ticket sales. Anyone else, McDaniels, Shanahan, Smith or Marrone won't matter but to a handful of people on the fence regarding reupping or buying an initial season ticket.
You dont think Shad Khan cares about revenue? If you believe that, Ive got some snake oil to sell you....................If anything, Khan is all about revenue and ratings. Its not just season tickets, its merchandise, its getting involved with the team during the offseason, clicking on the website, draft parties etc. 

Doug Marrone would be the absolute worst thing from a marketing standpoint. And yes, marketing matters, it may not matter to you or I because we have been fans for a very long time. It matters to the average NFL fan who doesnt get as involved as you or I but still is a fan of the team. Yes, I do believe a brand new head coach not involved in 14-48's coaching staff will be a much better sell and can get people atleast thinking somewhat positive going into the offseason. I dont want anyone from 14-48's coaching staff retained. I want 14-48 to go far far far way and it only will be a distant memory. 

Messages In This Thread
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Guest - 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Pwmccorm1216 - 01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM