Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

I think Marrone has a good shot.   General Managers, like everyone else, have a hard time admitting they were completely wrong about anything.  Firing the entire coaching staff and starting over with all new systems and maybe a new QB would mean Caldwell would have to admit he was wrong about everything.  That's why there will be some bias towards continuity.   Especially if Caldwell thought the team was close to turning the corner and only fired Gus reluctantly. 

That said, that doesn't mean Marrone will be a bad head coach.  I wouldn't mind him all that much.  He's about my third choice.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 09:25 AM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Ok, I'll make a quick cameo to ask the actual question that is being begged. Why in the world have you all had to spend the last 10 pages arguing about Marrone? We have had him on our staff for two years now, under potentially the worst HC of all time. Out of all of the HC options to be discussing Marrone should be the one that there should be absolutely zero questions about. .......

Hey , It's off season and arguing is what the message board does...and if the HC position is filled today, they'll all find something else to argue about.  :teehee:

And no question about gus being the worst NFL coach of all time.....he was the worst... hands down. :thumbsup:

Marrone being here two years certainly gives him a leg up up being familiar with the players. What I wonder is how he could see all the dumb stuff gus was doing and stay quiet about it.....is there some unwritten rule you let the guy above you do stupid stuff?  :turned:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I'm gonna be sooooooo disappointed if after all this anticipation and hope, we end up sticking with Marrone. It'll just be a sign that 2017 will be just as bad as 2016 was. 

Don't worry, if Marrone doesn't work out we will have a brand new HC around 2021 or so.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Did we lose the search for a new head coach yet?

Well, it's more like we haven't won it since JDR got the axe.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Anything is better than keeping someone from our current staff. Keeping Marrone would be like someone bragging how they got you the best Christmas gift. You get really excited and the anticipation builds. Finally on Christmas you open that gift and find out it's a pair of socks taken from your own sock drawer. O'Brien wouldn't be my first choice, but he's done a good job with what he's had to work with. I'd be o.k. with him. 
Marrone has had success as a head coach in college and with the Bills. Just becasue he was on Gus's staff has nothing to do with what he will do as head coach. I would like Mike Smith but to  bash Marrone with no factual information other then an opinion that in some way Gus and Marrone would follow the  same coaching style when head Coach is just speculation.

Quote:And I'm not against Marrone per se. I think he is a good coach and would do an ok job. It would just show, in one way or another, that the process was seriously screwed up if the answer is Marrone.
A lot of people have already said this.

It's nothing new.

They should have fired Gus a long time ago and given Marrone 6-8 games to see what he's got.

Quote:Hey , It's off season and arguing is what the message board does...and if the HC position is filled today, they'll all find something else to argue about. :teehee:

And no question about gus being the worst NFL coach of all time.....he was the worst... hands down. :thumbsup:

Marrone being here two years certainlt gives him a leg up up being familiar with the players. What I wonder is how he could see all the dumb stuff gus was doing and stay quiet about it.....is there some unwritten rule you let the guy above you do stupid stuff? :turned:

Do you normally question your boss?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The "Bill O'Brien is getting fired" train is picking up steam. Thought it was all bull.

Didn't he like Bortles or something?

Quote:Throw in Todd Haley's name as well.

Oh yeah... him too.

'02

Quote:And I'm not against Marrone per se. I think he is a good coach and would do an ok job. It would just show, in one way or another, that the process was seriously screwed up if the answer is Marrone.
. I like Marrone.......just wish they didn't try to sit on that lead in the last game......but that's what happens when you play not to lose instead of playing to win. Like Gus Bradley never left.

Quote:Do you normally question your boss?
Well, I've been my own boss for 22 years now, but I appreciate it when an employee offers something he thinks will help.

Like...."maybe we should ditch the pin-pong tables, do away with the food and hoodies in team meetings." 

if Marrone offered these and other opinions ....gus should have listened....a good boss does.

after all he had the title Asst. Head Coach. Why do that if you're NOT going to listen to the guy.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Marrone has had success as a head coach in college and with the Bills. Just becasue he was on Gus's staff has nothing to do with what he will do as head coach. I would like Mike Smith but to  bash Marrone with no factual information other then an opinion that in some way Gus and Marrone would follow the  same coaching style when head Coach is just speculation.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

So they said they wanted to get a head start on coaching search. What were the results lol.

Go raiders!!!!!

Bring home BOB baby!!!!!!!

Quote:So they said they wanted to get a head start on coaching search. What were the results lol.
the results arent in yet as not 1 coach has been hired.

Quote:So they said they wanted to get a head start on coaching search. What were the results lol.

What 'results' has any team had? Durrrrrrrr.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Marone will have us winning games.

I'm so certain of this...I'd wager money on it.

And I am not a gambling man.

It just makes too.mich sense.

I do think Marone should keep Hackett as well....

If they can get even marginal Improvement from Blake and keep hurns and our running backs healthy....

AND get the ball to grant 8 or 10 times a game...

We're gonna win games. Maybe even the division...

Next year!

Hey you are making the same arguments that ended 2015.  If the defense was just improved....

Rinse, Repeat.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:What 'results' has any team had? Durrrrrrrr.
Don't question the god himself.

Quote:What 'results' has any team had? Durrrrrrrr.
Is BrklynJag a female? Was going to say she might be on her period but it might be menopause. Men dont whine and complain the way BrklynJag does. Most females dont either though

Good god. Step away from the keyboard for a minute man.