Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

I think it will be Smith.  Fastest coach to 50 wins.  Too bad Gus didn't stay for the last 2 games.  We could have replaced the coach fastest to lose 50 games with fastest to win 50 games

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Literally nothing has happened today. No one has been hired at all for anyone. So how has it become more likely?
Hes just trolling for quotes

Jaguars interviewed McDaniels this morning according to Peter Schrager.

Quote:Adam Schefter – Verified account ‏@AdamSchefter

Busy day today for Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, who is interviewing for HC jobs with Jaguars, Rams and 49ers.
Honest question: I've read/heard that coaching interviews can take 6-12 hours. Supposedly that's the norm? How can one candidate interview with three teams in one day and still cover what needs to be covered. Or is it one of those "we know who you are and just want to see if there's mutual interest type things"?

Quote:Honest question: I've read/heard that coaching interviews can take 6-12 hours. Supposedly that's the norm? How can one candidate interview with three teams in one day and still cover what needs to be covered. Or is it one of those "we know who you are and just want to see if there's mutual interest type things"?

No other option when guys are in playoffs.

Quote:No other option when guys are in playoffs.

Could be more of a preliminary interview with a more in depth secondary one after narrowing it down.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Could be more of a preliminary interview with a more in depth secondary one after narrowing it down.

Umless Pats are eliminated before SB, cant talk to him again til week before SB I've heard, no? We arent waiting that long.

Quote:Honest question: I've read/heard that coaching interviews can take 6-12 hours. Supposedly that's the norm? How can one candidate interview with three teams in one day and still cover what needs to be covered. Or is it one of those "we know who you are and just want to see if there's mutual interest type things"?

Being that Dave and Josh were roommates, I would imagine his interview here won't be as in depth as some of the others. They most likely stay in touch a bit as it is.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ours-each/

Not always, Broncos interviews only lasted 4 hours 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Member when TC was the "front runner" for Buffalo and Bklyn freaked out? I member.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm starting to get disappointed in you guys for not updating on me on the last person that tweeted about our current head coaching vacancy.

Me and my armchair are still waiting for the phone to ring.

Hold up.... I got the call. From

Papa Johns

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Guys may want to forget about O'Brien.

Quote:Guys may want to forget about O'Brien.
told ya

Quote:told ya

Oakland may come back, but watching this I dont see it.

Houstons defense id on another level than Oakland. Connor Cooks first start and their being conservative. Cant win doing that.

Edit wrong thread
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Oakland may come back, but watching this I dont see it.

Houstons defense id on another level than Oakland. Connor Cooks first start and their being conservative. Cant win doing that.
They said O'Brian might be fired even if they win this weekend, they pretty much have to go to the AFC Championship game 

This is a game they should win going against a rookie QB in his first start 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Being passionate is one thing.

Complaining about every single move that has or has not happened is totally different.

Quote:Inventing things to whine about is the thing that kills me. 

Sheesh.  Pathetic. 

Quote:"Kyle Shannahan is interviewing with the 49ers"

"Way to go Khan. You suck again"- BK

"Marrone interviews with Jags"

"I'm gonna vomit. This franchise is so awful and it sucks"- BK

Quote:This.

OK, alright.. lol. Points taken and respected; respectively. I still kling to the hope (and faith) that this franchise will soon do great things, and we will all be jumpin around in a proverbial link- all together, an stuff

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:No one is wrong for having an opinion.

Yours is just about the stupidest one consodering JMD is your favorite who has bombed everywhere but NE yet you say Marrone who has done well at every stop as a crucial figure of the coaching staff is not getting us anywhere.

I dont disagree itll be a boring hire. But i care about wins. Seems like you just want the excitement. I remember how we felt after we got an up and coming DC the last time around...

The Mularkey Effect
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~