Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 11:31 PM by C-Dub93.)

Good news for people who dont want Marrone.

Alberr Breer said Kyle Shanahan is in play for JAX. Mike Smith also a strong possibility. Someone said they saw it in the new mmqb. No mention of Marrone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 11:36 PM by BklynJag.)

@samkouvaris Jaguars getting closer to making a call on HC. Hearing a low rumble but some people will be surprised if it's not Marrone.

WELP

Quote:@samkouvaris Jaguars getting closer to making a call on HC. Hearing a low rumble but some people will be surprised if it's not Marrone.

WELP

The same Sam Kouvaris who reported we were dealing for Tebow?

WELP! Indeed

Sounds like everyone is waiting for us to make the first move

Quote:Sounds like everyone is waiting for us to make the first move

Lot of teams have interviews next week. SF still needs a GM in place.

Quote:The same Sam Kouvaris who reported we were dealing for Tebow?

WELP! Indeed

Keep denying it bud lol.

Quote:Keep denying it bud lol.

Im good with Marrone. Why would I deny it?

The fact youre using Kouvaris, who is never right, as a source is hilarious.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 11:59 PM by C-Dub93.)

Go watch the new mmqb with Albert Breer. An actual league wide respected insider.

Quote:@samkouvaris Jaguars getting closer to making a call on HC. Hearing a low rumble but some people will be surprised if it's not Marrone.

WELP

I hope not but we'll see.
No Fun

Quote:The same Sam Kouvaris who reported we were dealing for Tebow?

WELP! Indeed
Well we did though.  he had a choice and he chose ny. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Go watch the new mmqb with Albert Breer. An actual league wide respected insider.

Hopefully he's right.
No Fun

I truly believe hiring from within is a mistake after the 14-48. But as a die hard fan, Ill stand by the team no matter what. 

Quote:Well we did though. he had a choice and he chose ny.

If you follow Kouvaris at all youd know he has zero inside info.

@samkourvis If it is Marrone, some will be surprised, others disappointed but he impressed me over the last two weeks of the season. Smart, good coach.

I know, the week 17 debacle was so immpressive.

I'm assuming it'll be between Shanahan and Marrone.....however, if their preference is experience, then it's going to be Marrone

Quote:@samkourvis If it is Marrone, some will be surprised, others disappointed but he impressed me over the last two weeks of the season. Smart, good coach.

I know, the week 17 debacle was so immpressive.

Yeaj, its almost like Marrone missed two field goals and went into prevent on defense.

Gosh darnit Marrone.

Todd Wash defense giving up the game is marrones fault

Well the head coach is in control he can override calls and he failed in the clots game.
No Fun

When you look at it from a broader angle, Marrone makes the most sense. Baring a miracle, Dave Caldwell will be fired after the Jags fail to make a statement next season. Thats not appealing to any coordinator looking to make their mark as a head coach because they will be fighting for their job after 1 season. 

Yes, the safe bet is Jags will not turn it around and Caldwell is fired after next season. We can only hope we are proven wrong. 

Quote:Well the head coach is in control he can override calls and he failed in the clots game.

Dude, prevent gets used all across the league in those situations. Marrone qas an interim coach working with someone elses coaches. Sorry. But I dont expect an interim to go over to Wash and tell him how to run defense.

Thats another reason why I think Marrone would bring in new DC if hired.