Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 12:27 AM by nhiverson.)

They won't turn it around if they keep Marrone with this lame staff in place on defense
No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone better clean house if he becomes head coach.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

The name I keep hearing if Marrone brings in a new dc is Mike Pettite

Quote:Well the head coach is in control he can override calls and he failed in the clots game.
An interim head coach whos specialty is offense is supposed to override defensive calls? Did you want him to start calling defensive plays too?

Anyone thinks Teryl Austin will get an interview?

Quote:They won't turn it around if they keep Marrone with or this lame staff in place on defense
You are probably right. If Marrone is the candidate, you would have a hard time convincing me it was him all along the guy they wanted. Probably 3rd or 4th on their list. No coach wants to walk into a station where the QB is a question mark, the GM is a question mark, which makes their job almost immediately a question mark. 

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 12:25 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:The name I keep hearing if Marrone brings in a new dc is Mike Pettite

If he brings in Pettine as DC, and gets rid of the Olson influence on the offense coaching staff, I won't hate the Marrone hire. I'll be disappointed, but not angry.

Quote:An interim head coach whos specialty is offense is supposed to override defensive calls? Did you want him to start calling defensive plays too?

No but he could of told Wash to cut the soft crap off or something I'd think.

No Fun

Going to find out how attractive this job was to the rest of the league very soon. I dont think it was attractive as most think

Quote:Going to find out how attractive this job was to the rest of the league very soon. I dont think it was attractive as most think

Color me shocked by that.

If they weren't being truthful about not tying the coaches down with Bortles then I can see coaches not wanting to take it.

No Fun

Quote:Keep denying it bud lol.
If you are so certain its Marrone why dont you go bet some money on it?  If you are so certain its easy money right?  You should be happy you can win a lot of money

Yeah, places have Shanny as the far and away favorite. Should be easy money, no?

@PSchrags Los Angeles Rams will be interviewing both Doug Marrone and Anthony Lynn for their vacant HC job Sunday in Florida. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

But I thought Marrone was as good as signed? Why's he interviewing for LA?!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:@PSchrags Los Angeles Rams will be interviewing both Doug Marrone and Anthony Lynn for their vacant HC job Sunday in Florida. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

So that must mean Lynn is in Florida today or tomorrow for Jags job?

Cant believe any team has interest in that scrub Marrone though. Am i right?

Quote:Yeah, places have Shanny as the far and away favorite. Should be easy money, no?

Yeah, and you know what? I'd love him to be the O-coordinator as well.

Quote:Yeah, and you know what? I'd love him to be the O-coordinator as well.

Yeah, if Shanny comes here he needs to run the offense. Thats why hes highly regarded.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/817846062115409920' title="1:31 PM - 7 Jan 2017">8h8 hours ago</a>

<p class="">One year from right now, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] coach Kyle Shanahan will send Bortles out for coin toss with one order, "We don't ever defer."

Quote:But I thought Marrone was as good as signed? Why's he interviewing in LA?!
Its says they are interviewing in Florida.  Its bad when the team has to go to them instead of the coach come to the team