Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Wasn't there an article floating around a few weeks ago that Lynn would want Bradley as his defensive coordinator? 
Yeah there was, I recall seeing something that in his interview pitch he would be bringing Bradley as DC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:@rapsheet Ex-#Chargers HC Mike McCoy appears to be the clear choice for top OC available. He’s been mentioned by many candidate as their OC of choice

Kind of circles back to the Mike Smith question. Mike had Mularkey and Koetter as his OC's in ATL. I would be happy with Caldwell hiring Smith and him bringing in McCoy to help fix Bortles and this offense going forward. It would be ideal. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Wasn't there an article floating around a few weeks ago that Lynn would want Bradley as his defensive coordinator?
Yeah and apparently a lot of other candidates have been saying he's their choice for dc

Quote:How is this a safe bet after witnessing how much patience Khan has as an owner? I'm not buying this notion at all Caldwell is only getting one more season with a brand new HC. It might take a miracle for the Jaguars to suddenly reach the post-season, but it's going to take a few more bad years in a row before Caldwell is out of here. Overall he's done an impressive job building the roster.

I agree that we appear to have talent in general and I don't think we're going 3-13 again next year, but if we did that or even slightly better and got as many as 6 wins, Caldwell's seat would be melting with how hot it would have to be. The expectation next year regardless of who the coach is has to be at least 7 wins or the problem can't just be coaching related.

Quote:Kind of circles back to the Mike Smith question. Mike had Mularkey and Koetter as his OC's in ATL. I would be happy with Caldwell hiring Smith and him bringing in McCoy to help fix Bortles and this offense going forward. It would be ideal.

This i would like

So really it seems that nobody actually has a clue who we want.

The Jacksonville Jaguars coaching search might be coming down to a decision soon, as the team has concluded all of their reported scheduled interviews with candidates, the last being New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Saturday, who according to Adam Schefter of ESPN, had a really strong interview. Based on some recent reports by National Media, I think we can pare the candidates down to four.

The aforementioned Josh McDaniels, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Mike Smith, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and Jaguars offensive line/interim head coach Doug Marrone.

As mentioned Schefter mentioned on SportsCenter Sunday morning that the leading candidates for the Jaguars job were Mike Smith and Josh McDaniels, with McDaniels having had a really strong interview with the team on Saturday. Conversely Albert Breer of MMQB answered questions in a periscope on Saturday afternoon where he mentioned the two names to keep an eye on were Kyle Shanahan and Mike Smith.

In my opinion looking at it, it would seam the team’s top three candidates in no particular order would be Shanahan, McDaniels and Smith with Marrone feeling like the fallback option if the team strikes out on one of those three.

Another situation to pay attention to involves the playoff game Sunday afternoon between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins. Jaguars fans should be rooting for the Dolphins to lose, because the scuttlebutt is that Miami defensive coordinator Vance Joseph is earmarked for the Denver Broncos job and once Miami is knocked out the Broncos can announce him as the head coach, which eliminates the top job from the market and one that someone like Kyle Shanahan has been linked to.

From BBC.

McDaniels would be my choice.

I think I'd take Haley over Smith too. Smith would only be and OK hire imo.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Kind of circles back to the Mike Smith question. Mike had Mularkey and Koetter as his OC's in ATL. I would be happy with Caldwell hiring Smith and him bringing in McCoy to help fix Bortles and this offense going forward. It would be ideal.
Id be more than happy with that. I think that's ideal really. Add in Wade and you got yourself a playoff team.

Would be hard to gripe about Smith/McCoy/Philips for sure. 

Quote:Would be hard to gripe about Smith/McCoy/Philips for sure.

This would be a big time coaching staff.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 01:38 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Wade Phillips, doesn't he only runs 3-4 D's? And isn't Smith 4-3 only?

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Wade Phillips, doesn't he only runs 3-4 D's? And isn't Smith 4-3 only?
No idea.

I'm sure Smith would be fine bringing in a SB winning DC.

I just want this to be over. The anticipation is killing me.

Quote:@rapsheet Ex-#Chargers HC Mike McCoy appears to be the clear choice for top OC available. He’s been mentioned by many candidate as their OC of choice
Good to know

I dont think Kyle Shanahan or Marrone will bring him, but a lot of the other guys will

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

When do you guys/gals think we'll hear of a decision/outcome?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Smith went 3-4 in his later years with Atlanta in order to get more pass rush. Didn't work out because they didn't have the horses for it but he's at least open to it.

Just a foregone conclusion itll be Marrone I thought Bklyn?

Sam Kouvaris lol.

Smith ran 3-4 in ATL during his last years

I think if Vance Joseph goes to Denver is Shanahan if not its Mike Smith

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Just a foregone conclusion itll be Marrone I thought Bklyn?

Sam Kouvaris lol.

Will see, hes still the favorite in my eyes.