Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

FWIW:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/alexmarvez'>Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/818318405216276480' title="11:48 PM - 8 Jan 2017">2m2 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">SN source: Mike McCoy may return to Broncos as OC if Vance Joseph hired as coach <a class="" href='https://t.co/XDJpTFwjlL' title="http://dlvr.it/N3y4Jv">http://dlvr.it/N3y4Jv </a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

FWIW:

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez  2m2 minutes ago

SN source: Mike McCoy may return to Broncos as OC if Vance Joseph hired as coach http://dlvr.it/N3y4Jv 

</div>
Sucks, doesn't surprise me.

Although keep in mind Marvez isn't the best reporter out there and it says "may" in his tweet. Pretty much speculation.

I expect it to be tough to land McCoy. He's the top OC on the market and there's a lot of options. Can go to LA and stay in CAL, can go back to DEN, etc.

Does anyone know if the jags can add an assistant title and grab a oc currently like Cooter?   Or can that be blocked by the current team? 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Does anyone know if the jags can add an assistant title and grab a oc currently like Cooter?   Or can that be blocked by the current team? 
Can be blocked. Just like Eagles blocked their QBC for OC with the Jets.

Quote:Although keep in mind Marvez isn't the best reporter out there and it says "may" in his tweet. Pretty much speculation.

I expect it to be tough to land McCoy. He's the top OC on the market and there's a lot of options. Can go to LA and stay in CAL, can go back to DEN, etc.

Yeah, the article just mentions the Joseph has talked to McCoy about being his OC in Denver.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 01:06 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:They looked awfully bad vs Cowboys.

They held the Cowboys under their season average, and to one of their lowest scores of the season. Allowing 26 points certainly isn't great, but the Cowboys score 30 plus several times this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 01:16 AM by Vino.)

I think it's a 100% chance Mark Duffner is the DC here if Mike Smith is the HC. He was a LB coach here under Del Rio and Smith before Smith landed the Falcons job, and he has 20 years of NFL coaching experience. So:

HC: Mike Smith
DC: Mark Duffner

McCoy really would be the ideal OC. So much experience.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Can't wait till we select a guy

I don't get all the love for Mike Smith. I mean I like the guy as a person and he's had a some success, but he's been here already and the Falcons have improved since he left them.

Idk just seems like that would be such an average hire. Still want Coughlin to round these young men into shape.
Shock the world

Quote:I don't get all the love for Mike Smith. I mean I like the guy as a person and he's had a some success, but he's been here already and the Falcons have improved since he left them.

Idk just seems like that would be such an average hire. Still want Coughlin to round these young men into shape.
They improved when he too there too.

The Falcons resurrection has a lot more to do with their running game and OL being better than when Smith was there than Smith himself. Smith also didn't have Vic Beasley and Keanu Neal on defense. Shoot, the Falcons D still isn't good.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I hope it's Coughlin. But Mike Smith would be a great head coach here.

He had us ranked 2nd in defense when he was here at one point.

Can't wait to see if we would run a 34. If he goes with a 43, I'd still be ok with it.

Expect him to instill some discipline with these young players day 1. His Falcons team were annually near the top of the league in fewest penalties. That discipline carried over to the Bucs defense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Expect him to instill some discipline with these young players day 1. His Falcons team were annually near the top of the league in fewest penalties. That discipline carried over to the Bucs defense.
This would probably be the best thing he would bring. It wont be a "sexy" hire but it would be a good one. He should bring some good assistants too and his early success with Atlanta is hopefully what he can bring here. 

What if it turns out to be a typo and he meant to put w/o defensive background??? Everyone would go crazy

I hope Mike Smith doesnt keep the current staff.

Quote:I hope Mike Smith doesnt keep the current staff.
Definitely not the defensive staff. The scheme has to go

Why would Smith keep the current staff if he gets the gig? It seems pretty silly to think he wouldn't build his own staff
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Definitely not the defensive staff. The scheme has to go

He shoudnt keep offensive staff either.

Quote:They had made the playoffs three times in the decade prior to Mike Smith's arrival and one of those included a trip to the Super Bowl. However, he did give them their first back to back winning seasons in franchise history (which is a mind boggling stat since they've been around since 1966).

I had to double check this, but wow... it truly is incredible what Mike Smith did. Take a look at their standings history and what happened as soon as Mike arrived..
. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_At...ns_seasons

'02