Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G Brandon Linder

Wally hates the pick

[Image: jaguarsb_logo.gif]<b> Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Linder, G, Miami: D Grade </b>

The Jaguars just had to trade up to this spot... for Brandon Linder? There's no reason they should have been that desperate for a mediocre mid-round guard prospect. I don't have a huge problem with Linder - and he does fill a need - but it's pretty ridiculous that David Caldwell felt like he needed to trade up for him. Caldwell seems in way over his head as a general manager.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Walt hates Daves

I think with a little more development TMD might turn into a starting poster on this message board if he cleans up a few areas, the arrow is pointing up on this prospect. 

lol walterfootball, the same clown that gave Joeckel a D grade because Caldwell didn't take Dion Jordan.

Quote:Wally hates the pick

[Image: jaguarsb_logo.gif]<b> Jacksonville Jaguars: Brandon Linder, G, Miami: D Grade </b>

The Jaguars just had to trade up to this spot... for Brandon Linder? There's no reason they should have been that desperate for a mediocre mid-round guard prospect. I don't have a huge problem with Linder - and he does fill a need - but it's pretty ridiculous that David Caldwell felt like he needed to trade up for him. Caldwell seems in way over his head as a general manager.

Coaches graded Linder higher than most hack mock drafters. The guy started 42 games in Miami, has good size for the position, has a mean streak and our OC is familiar with him. Didn't I also read something about him winning some team award (MVP?) last year?,,,

Quote:I think with a little more development TMD might turn into a starting poster on this message board if he cleans up a few areas, the arrow is pointing up on this prospect.
right? :d

from NFL.com profile:

BOTTOM LINE

Big, experienced, highly competitive, short-area base blocker at his best in a phone booth. Lacks ideal power and athleticism, but has football intelligence, leadership traits and a bulldog’s mentality. Should earn a spot as an interior backup initially, but brings grit to the line and has the makeup to outplay his draft position.

<b>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</b>

Fisch must feel really strong about this kid. If anyone knows.....

Walter football gave the Seahawks a Millen grade. Listen to one of the best front offices in the nfl, or some blogger? I read that Web site to learn all the prospects, but he has a hat rid for the jaguars. For months, he was projecting bortles to us. We take him and he calls it a reach. What made his Web site cool was his Emmitt smith stuff. Otherwise, hrs just another nobody.
No commercial messages in sigs

walter football is good for one reason and its because he constantly is updating it with mock drafts and opinions.  (on the flip side you could argue the man has no life and has nothing better to do.)

however his actual knowledge of football is pretty subpar... even for an internet wannabe scout.

Not sure about this one. It's a bit of an odd-pick. Linder's a big guy, a mauler with less-than-ideal mobility. I thought the plan was to go smaller/more athletic (like Brewster, Beadles)  so we can utilize our ZBS more? Linder doesn't strike me as a fit for this scheme.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 12:07 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Not sure about this one. It's a bit of an odd-pick. Linder's a big guy, a mauler with less-than-ideal mobility. I thought the plan was to go smaller/more athletic (like Brewster, Beadles)  so we can utilize our ZBS more? Linder doesn't strike me as a fit for this scheme.

Didn't Miami also run a ZBS? 

On the right side, don't you still want OL that are at least a bit of maulers?

Quote:Not sure about this one. It's a bit of an odd-pick. Linder's a big guy, a mauler with less-than-ideal mobility. I thought the plan was to go smaller/more athletic (like Brewster, Beadles) so we can utilize our ZBS more? Linder doesn't strike me as a fit for this scheme.

He's a perfect fit. He played in Jedd Fisch's zone blocking scheme in Miami.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He's a perfect fit. He played in Jedd Fisch's zone blocking scheme in Miami.

I'm hoping his familiarity plays a big role and he knows Linder's limitations and strengths. On paper though, it just seems weird to me. Its like, our LG/C are both small/athletic guys, while our RG/RT are mauler/nasty guys.

I think this is a solid fit.  Played with Jedd and seems to have a mean streak.  It is a bit concerning that Caldwell keeps trading up though, arguably for a guy who may have still been there anyway.  This roster is talent deprived we need to have as many picks as we can get.  Most successful teams trade back, not up.

Quote:I think this is a solid fit.  Played with Jedd and seems to have a mean streak.  It is a bit concerning that Caldwell keeps trading up though, arguably for a guy who may have still been there anyway.  This roster is talent deprived we need to have as many picks as we can get.  Most successful teams trade back, not up.

Yeah Robinson I can see why they traded up for. Linder, not so much.

Quote:Yeah Robinson I can see why they traded up for. Linder, not so much.
Ill give you Robinson was good value there, but I dont think the Jags needed to do that.  How many WRs do you need?  Lee, Shorts, Sanders, Blackmon sounds good to me.  Obviously the team doesnt think Blackmon will ever come back though.  Would have much rather have gotten 2 players instead of the one.  A team with holes everywhere should not keep trading up IMO. 

Missed this pick completely! I feel asleep and for some odd reason just woke up thinking I should check here see if anything happened late! WOW this could be a franchise changing draft! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm hoping his familiarity plays a big role and he knows Linder's limitations and strengths. On paper though, it just seems weird to me. Its like, our LG/C are both small/athletic guys, while our RG/RT are mauler/nasty guys.
Joeckel 6'6" 306

Beadles 6'4" 305

Brewster  6'4" 305

Linder 6'6" 311

Pasztor  6'7" 308

I fail to see anything "weird" there size-wise.  

I think they had Robinson rated way higher than where he was drafted... Thats why we pulled the trigger
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I would prefer Seastrunk but we definitely need some reliable speed back there

Denard Robinson is fast but he's not reliable and definitely can't be a feature back. I think Seastrunk is Lesean McCoy 2.0.

We already signed our feature back within FA... Robinson and any other RB will be a change of pace RB...

NH3...
"AZANE"