Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
They say Brian Sexton is out...

Seems to be that most are against this because he has not been a staunch supporter of the Jags and nothing to do with his PBP ability. I guess I don't have much of an opinion because I don't listen to the games on the radio so I really am indifferent.

I can tell you one thing though, the dude that was announcing in the stadium last year was horrific. They had two of them but the one that did the games was bad IMO.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I actually do like Frangie and Ballou and Blaylock.  But I don't listen to their show because it's like 90% fluff (trivia and stuff I don't care about).   I also don't listen to the radio broadcast, and I really don't care that much who is doing play-by-play. 

But one thing I will say about Frangie is he would definitely be unique..  So there's that.  And I always saw Frangie as more of a mumbler and lip smacker than a stutterer and lisper.  Though he pretty much does it all.

Quote:Seems to be that most are against this because he has not been a staunch supporter of the Jags and nothing to do with his PBP ability. I guess I don't have much of an opinion because I don't listen to the games on the radio so I really am indifferent.

I can tell you one thing though, the dude that was announcing in the stadium last year was horrific. They had two of them but the one that did the games was bad IMO.

Read the replies. It is both.

He is not good on the radio. He has done PBP on college football games and he's not good at that either.

For those who care, Sexton is coming on with Dempsey on 1010XL right now.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I remember a commercial a few years ago where Frangie was proclaiming his love for the Steelers and Pirates and raising his kids to love them. I can't stand him as an announcer and tune in to the other station if I happen to be listening to the radio, but even worse, I can't stand his lack of loyalty to his hometown. I was born and raised in Miami and a rabid Dolphins fan even after moving to Jax, but the day the Jags were announced, they became my team. I hope they at least make Frangie recuse himself for the Steeler game, I don't think I could stand his gushing about anything positive from the Steelers. Actually, the point is moot, I won't bring my radio to the games. I can't believe Frangie wasn't vetted better than this. I'll take Sexton's homer announcing any day.

Jags have me excited again. Original season ticket owner and the past few years it was hard to keep buying. GO JAGS!!

Quote:I remember a commercial a few years ago where Frangie was proclaiming his love for the Steelers and Pirates and raising his kids to love them. I can't stand him as an announcer and tune in to the other station if I happen to be listening to the radio, but even worse, I can't stand his lack of loyalty to his hometown. I was born and raised in Miami and a rabid Dolphins fan even after moving to Jax, but the day the Jags were announced, they became my team. I hope they at least make Frangie recuse himself for the Steeler game, I don't think I could stand his gushing about anything positive from the Steelers. Actually, the point is moot, I won't bring my radio to the games. I can't believe Frangie wasn't vetted better than this. I'll take Sexton's homer announcing any day.

In his defense, as of the announcement yesterday, Frangie says he is a Jags fan.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:In his defense, as of the announcement yesterday, Frangie says he is a Jags fan.
And I'm a Dolphins fan, it's just that they're number two

Jags have me excited again. Original season ticket owner and the past few years it was hard to keep buying. GO JAGS!!

Quote:And I'm a Dolphins fan, it's just that they're number two

Quote:In his defense, as of the announcement yesterday, Frangie says he is a Jags fan.
And I won't believe Frangie until I see him in a video with a bonfire burning all his Steeler stuff.

I've never seen Frangie as anti-Jags as some make him out to be. Just more college focused and of course he's a Steeler and Pirates fan. None of this should impact his success or failure as the new PBP guy but he's gonna have to work for it. This feels like going from Shack Harris to Gene Smith to use an analogy but hopefully it turns out better than that did. Big Grin
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 10:49 AM by JAGFAN88.)

My Opinion is that Sexton took a promotion to be in charge of all things media related for the Jags. Its possible they turned to FF because he is the only one with PBP experience (not all that great) and will take a longer look to find a permanent replacement. Though I hope Sexton still does the tv shows cause we all know Frangie has a face for radio. :teehee:

Quote:I get some are upset that Sexton is leaving in favor of Frangie. I still find it funny that some bellyache for a change for so long, and still bellyache after it's done.

No complaining from me...

Quote:My Opinion is that Sexton took a promotion to be in charge of all things media related for the Jags. Its possible they turned to FF because he is the only one with PBP experience (not all that great) and will take a longer look to find a permanent replacement. Though I hope Sexton still does the tv shows cause we all know Frangie has a face for radio. :teehee:

I've spoke about this a few times in the past few months. This new role is perfect for Sexton, and I don't mean that disparagingly. He is pretty good as host of Jaguars themed radio shows, and he strikes me as a guy who is professional about his work from a technical aspect. He just never had a good radio voice for calling the games' and to be quite honest, never seemed a "natural" to me as a PBP announcer. 

That said, I think he'll do quite well in his new role. 

Yea I never got the idea Frangie disliked the Jags, but moreso grew up a Steelers fan.  You can root for both of them... only until they play each other.

However there is one thing that Frangie does that drives me a crazy... and I dont know if there is a word for it, but... the thing he does... and I dont know that I've ever heard anyone do it like he does... its... well maybe there is a word for it but I've never heard what that is... but its so aggravating and distracting... and he does it all the time... especially when in dialogue with someone else... and it completely changes the conversation.... I can't think of the word for it.... maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and will be able to tell me what that word is... and by the time he is done, I dont really even remember what he was talking about... but that thing he does... gosh I know there is a word for this.... is it takes him 1,000 FREAKIN words to say what could be said in 50 FREAKIN words.  And it drives me FREAKIN crazy.  

(and he says "freakin" too much)

Quote:My Opinion is that Sexton took a promotion to be in charge of all things media related for the Jags. Its possible they turned to FF because he is the only one with PBP experience (not all that great) and will take a longer look to find a permanent replacement. Though I hope Sexton still does the tv shows cause we all know Frangie has a face for radio. :teehee:

Sexton is now an employee of the Jagaurs, which is something I think he prefers.  Being involved with the digital media including the social networking and other aspects on the website puts him in a position to help manage the most important aspect of the overall media strategy for the Jaguars.  They're really going heavily toward online content, and they've expanded that area of the site pretty significantly. 

As far as Frangie goes, he either sinks or swims in this new role.  I'm not a fan of him, but I don't have a say in whether he's calling the plays or not.  If the radio ratings take a dip, his tenure won't be a long one. 

Quote:Seems to be that most are against this because he has not been a staunch supporter of the Jags and nothing to do with his PBP ability. I guess I don't have much of an opinion because I don't listen to the games on the radio so I really am indifferent.

That's a point my wife keeps harping on. She hates that guy!

Maybe it's just me, but the audio at the stadium seems as bad as ever, so I can't really hear the guy anyway. Wasn't the sound system supposed to have been improved? Is it just me?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Yea I never got the idea Frangie disliked the Jags, but moreso grew up a Steelers fan.  You can root for both of them... only until they play each other.

However there is one thing that Frangie does that drives me a crazy... and I dont know if there is a word for it, but... the thing he does... and I dont know that I've ever heard anyone do it like he does... its... well maybe there is a word for it but I've never heard what that is... but its so aggravating and distracting... and he does it all the time... especially when in dialogue with someone else... and it completely changes the conversation.... I can't think of the word for it.... maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and will be able to tell me what that word is... and by the time he is done, I dont really even remember what he was talking about... but that thing he does... gosh I know there is a word for this.... is it takes him 1,000 FREAKIN words to say what could be said in 50 FREAKIN words.  And it drives me FREAKIN crazy.  

LOL, well done Frangie

Quote:Yea I never got the idea Frangie disliked the Jags, but moreso grew up a Steelers fan.  You can root for both of them... only until they play each other.

Classic.

I found some you tube clips of Frangie last night.

Pretty dry. Pretty bland. Good luck to him.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 12:35 PM by unfmba.)

Yes - but I doubt he's going to have the opportunity to crack the "Freaking" barrier when doing PBP.  He'll be fine.  If not, things will change.  Were we so spoiled with Brian that FF is really going to be that much worse?? Let it play out.  It's amazing how tight we can twist those panties....  

We are in dire need of a draft pick to clamor about.... Wallbash