Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
They say Brian Sexton is out...

Very sad to hear he is out... I dont know the new guy but i really enjoyed Sexton. It was fun listening to him on game day IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And another thing, why Ballou on the sideline? I know this is radio where looks don’t matter (shouldn’t on TV but we all know it does), but I still would put a nice looking and sounding female as my sideline reporter. Do for radio what ESPN, CBS, FOX, and NBC all do on TV and that’s put a nice looking female who’s also knowledgeable about the team and game and good at her job on the sideline.

If it were me and I had to put 1010XL people on the sidelines I’d put Jessica Blaylock on one sideline and Dona Murphy on the other. Both are professionals who also look nice. Jessica even has experience as a sideline reporter for a professional sports team as she’s done Orlando Magic broadcast for years.

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:Not to support TMD, but he did say he heard Sexton in the preseason, when the streamed radio broadcasts aren't blacked out, IIRC.

However, i agree with what you posted above, the haters hate Sexton because they are haters.

I'm just wanting to get all these stories straight.  He says he watches the game at sports bars, which he's used as an excuse for not being able to hear the audio.

Yet, he listens to Sexton.

Unless he's only been exposed to Sexton only via replays from the Jaguars site, NFLN, etc, ...then only one of these are the truth.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:And another thing, why Ballou on the sideline? I know this is radio where looks don’t matter (shouldn’t on TV but we all know it does), but I still would put a nice looking and sounding female as my sideline reporter. Do for radio what ESPN, CBS, FOX, and NBC all do on TV and that’s put a nice looking female who’s also knowledgeable about the team and game and good at her job on the sideline.

If it were me and I had to put 1010XL people on the sidelines I’d put Jessica Blaylock on one sideline and Dona Murphy on the other. Both are professionals who also look nice. Jessica even has experience as a sideline reporter for a professional sports team as she’s done Orlando Magic broadcast for years.

I think they had to scramble after losing Martineau and he probably had the most open schedule.

Quote:Yea I never got the idea Frangie disliked the Jags, but moreso grew up a Steelers fan.  You can root for both of them... only until they play each other.

However there is one thing that Frangie does that drives me a crazy... and I dont know if there is a word for it, but... the thing he does... and I dont know that I've ever heard anyone do it like he does... its... well maybe there is a word for it but I've never heard what that is... but its so aggravating and distracting... and he does it all the time... especially when in dialogue with someone else... and it completely changes the conversation.... I can't think of the word for it.... maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and will be able to tell me what that word is... and by the time he is done, I dont really even remember what he was talking about... but that thing he does... gosh I know there is a word for this.... is it takes him 1,000 FREAKIN words to say what could be said in 50 FREAKIN words.  And it drives me FREAKIN crazy.  

(and he says "freakin" too much)

You know what that was?  That was Frangie right there, that's what that was.

Hey if Jags draft Aj Mccarron they could hire Katherine Webb as sideline reporter. Maybe she could report from pool.

Quote:Hey if Jags draft Aj Mccarron they could hire Katherine Webb as sideline reporter. Maybe she could report from pool.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm just wanting to get all these stories straight.  He says he watches the game at sports bars, which he's used as an excuse for not being able to hear the audio.

Unless he's only been exposed to Sexton only via replays from the Jaguars site, NFLN, etc, ...then only one of these are the truth.

I got ya, just helping out the prosecution as a Devil's Advocate.

You missed the real gem. He has NFL Sunday Ticket and Sirius, yet watches the Jaguars in sports bars and has only heard Sexton on preseason broadcasts and highlight replays.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:A lot of people who buy tickets also listen to the game on the radio.  I'm one of them.  I'm fairly certain the last thing 1010 wants to do now that they've got the contract with the Jags is to see fewer people listening.

I would think with 48k posts, you wouldn't have time to do anything but Post Post Post.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Glad to see this move. :woot:  Saxton was so boring of a person to hear and watch. :mellow:

Quote:Interesting point of view. Shad's a crafty one if true. However, I highly doubt who the voice of the Jaguars is will prompt any fence sitters to buy tickets. The Experience they are trying to create at the game hopefully should though.

This team was so bad last year, I couldn't hardly watch. The radio was much friendlier at 0-8.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I would think with 48k posts, you wouldn't have time to do anything but Post Post Post.
Right, because it would require that much time over a 13 year period.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Are there any Jaguars fans in the media...local or otherwise?

Hicken, IIRC, is a Dolphins fan. Prosser is a Falcons fan. Kouvaris I think, has Baltimore allegiances. Does anyone care about Lamm or Modica?

Hacker is at least a fair weather fan but I'm not sure he counts as a broadcaster.

They were supposed to improve wi-fi in the stadium, I hope so because I can go to nfl.com and keep up with the game.

Jags have me excited again. Original season ticket owner and the past few years it was hard to keep buying. GO JAGS!!

Quote:Right, because it would require that much time over a 13 year period.
Lets see

48000 divided by 13 years = 3692.3 per year divided by 365 days = 10.1 posts per day on average.

Clearly leaving time for at least some bathroom breaks and maybe getting some food or something.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I'm just wanting to get all these stories straight.  He says he watches the game at sports bars, which he's used as an excuse for not being able to hear the audio.

I watch the games at the sportsbars. 

I know what Sextons PBP is like from listening to preseason broadcasts, and also via replays of his calls. They are terrible. His voice sucks, and he doesn't sound like a natural as a PBP guy. 

Nothing's changed and you don't need to listen to every game Sexton broadcast from start to finish to come to the opinion that you don't like his PBP style/voice. 

You are so desperate. 

Quote:Hacker is at least a fair weather fan but I'm not sure he counts as a broadcaster.

He has lots of hats and shirts with his nickname on them though. 

Quote:He has lots of hats and shirts with his nickname on them though. 

I assume his parents know people. No other explanation for him having his own show.

Quote:I assume his parents know people. No other explanation for him having his own show.

Apparently he's selling a Hacker clothing line of sorts.  Hats and shirts.

Oh gawd when I heard Sexton is out I was like Tiger Woods fist pump, then when I heard marble mouth Frangie was his replacement I was Sunday morning vomitting! Why can't this team get someone with some talent? I shudder to think what Frangie's "signature" touchdown call is going to be. I doubt it can be any worse than Sexton's "TOUCHDOWN.........................jack........son..........ville".

Regards...................the Chiefjag