Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
They say Brian Sexton is out...

Sexton, he was a little better than everyone is acting, but not good enough to go on indefinitely (like the cat). He had a respectable run, but its definitely time.

As far as Frangie, I'm optimistic. All bias' aside, there has been a very positive energy shift in the tone of the local media surrounding the jaguars. Previously, there seemed to be a wall between the team and the media community. It now seems like everyone is on the same page. This new regime and ownership have brought everyone along, instead of separating themselves. In a few years, I imagine the local shows will be predominantly jaguars focused. The entire community is again starting to feel like its part of this team.

I think the whole Frangie/1010xl hire is symbolic of the team wanting to embrace the city. 

Also, lol radio's, this whole conversation reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNNhgtYaGw

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And do you believe the stuttering steeler?

Not really.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

All you negative haters need to stop.Sexton had to go.Now,Frangie was a surprise hire,but I'm sure he'll be ok.If not,Khan/Lamping will change it.

Quote:You know what? All kidding aside, that is right. That is what I'm freaking talking about. In 10 years, when they ask what that was, they'll say that was "Frank Freaking Frangie", that's what they'll say, won't they?

SPOT ON PERFECT!!!

I even read it in his voice.
Signature goes here.

There's an out in the contract for the Jaguars after the first year.  If Frangie flops, he's on a very short leash.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:There's an out in the contract for the Jaguars after the first year.  If Frangie flops, he's on a very short leash.

Thats pretty much what several of us were speculating on. Not surprised. 

I think this gives Khan/ Lamping a year to search and get who they really want for the gig, and knowing them, I think it will be someone we can be proud of having as our voice, much like some of the better PBP voices in the league. 

Based on the conversation I had this morning, Shad Khan won't settle for anything that isn't top shelf.

Whether it's Frangie as the PBP, or 1010XL as the official station, if it doesn't meet the standard he's establishing for world class, it will be changed.  1010XL has already been put on notice that they have to be better than they were before.  If you listen to the station, the tone about the Jaguars changed on the day the deal was announced.  You're not hearing nearly as much snark directed at the team.  In fact, I haven't heard any, and I've been tuning in more than I did previously now that they've got the Jaguars show on for 2 hours a day.

If Frangie doesn't cut it, his tenure will be a short one. 

They need to tone down the golf coverage. Sheesh.

Quote:They need to tone down the golf coverage. Sheesh.

The Players is a huge sports event in this town annually.  It's going to get covered.

Quote:They need to tone down the golf coverage. Sheesh.
TPC is a world class event. It is our crown jewel of golf. It needs coverage.

However, I do agree that it sucks that it's this week. Having TPC and the draft during the same span of 3-4 days really sucks.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

It does suck having it the same week as the NFL draft, but, from what I understand, they're taking advantage of this to have a draft party out there tonight, so it's a nice tie-in. 

Quote:The Players is a huge sports event in this town annually.  It's going to get covered.

More important than the Jaguars apparently. They got me switching to Modica for my darft needs.

Quote:More important than the Jaguars apparently. They got me switching to Modica for my darft needs.

1010 is doing a 4 hour broadcast that started at 6:00.  They're done talking about The Players.