Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Remember the first time...........

Quote:I did a second lap.

Bad mental image. Thanks fer nuthin'.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bad mental image. Thanks fer nuthin'.

But it felt sooo right.

I liked very few musicians the first time I heard them.  Usually I have to warm up to a band.  THere are few exceptions.  THe first time I heard Bad Religion, I was in.  Tested was a game changer for me.  Zappa, obviously...THe first time I heard Overnight Sensation. I Never came back.  And last THere is nothing like Jimi Hendrix.  I can remember exactly where I was at, the first time somebody put that on. 

IT didn't really change me, but WHite Zombie was a real time piece for me.  

Where is MadDog to come and tell us how great Whitesnake was?

s
;

;

[Image: van-halen-127089.jpg]

There were many more and the count continues - but this is the first time that I went to a record store and purchased a newly released album I wanted (despite my parents wishes) and it blew my mind.  

Drop Dead Legs is the sleeper track.  Still love it. 

Linkin Park's 'Hybrid Theory'.

I think I was in 7th grade when that album came out and I was blown away when I heard it. Nu metal was already around, but these guys took it to another level. I was like "Whoa! This music is pretty cool!" I think I can credit Linkin Park and that album for getting me into metal.

Too bad they're lame now.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Quote:[Image: van-halen-127089.jpg]

There were many more and the count continues - but this is the first time that I went to a record store and purchased a newly released album I wanted (despite my parents wishes) and it blew my mind.  

Drop Dead Legs is the sleeper track.  Still love it.

That was my first concert ever, at The Summit in Houston Texas...which is now a church. :confused:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I've never heard an album before  :mellow:

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I've never heard an album before  :mellow:

You're not really missing anything....but I'm sure some on here will disagree with me about that.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Remember when album releases were a big event?

I can remember having a ton of kids albums.  A lot of them audio stories (Batman, Superman, audio version of the Star Wars movie) but also the Star Wars soundtrack.

But as far as albums themselves by a musician that weren't tied to a movie, etc... probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9wwrpQgss

Every piece had a story behind it, each piece designed to tell a different, distinct story (the theme being a time machine dropping in and out of space/time.)  I can remember listening to it over and over again, and letting the music ignite the imagination.  Icebound is pretty trippy.

That was pretty out there, even for the time.  The next purely music albums I remember getting were Bee Gees: Spirits Having Flown and Queen: The Game.  As records died out, I think I may have Def Leppard: Pyromania somewhere, but the last I remember buying in vinyl is the first or second Crowded House album in the late 80s.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

http://youtu.be/TAqZb52sgpU