Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell would be "relatively surprised" if Blackmon plays next season

Quote:Was it ever released what he did? Was it another DUI? I dont remember what his last violation was.

Nope.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lifetime ban for legal substance use during his personal time despite numerous chances is a bit harsh. Would be such a waste of talent and potential. What kind of punishment is Ray Rice looking at? I feel like players have done worse things with lessextreme consequences

Quote:Lifetime ban for legal substance use during his personal time despite numerous chances is a bit harsh. Would be such a waste of talent and potential. What kind of punishment is Ray Rice looking at? I feel like players have done worse things with lessextreme consequences

I don't recall anyone ever saying it was a lifetime ban. 

Indefinite is not lifetime.  More than likely, indefinite = 1 season, which means he'd be back week 9. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Hmmmm....All this talk about how educated and mature you are and the best you can give us is an "I know you are, but what am I?" response?

Nice work, Sport.
I really have no idea why some of you like to constantly attack me, but what I said is a very plausible scenario. How about you make an actual football related post?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I'll be relatively surprised if Blackmon's suspension lasts longer than four games.

He's already served 8 games last year. It'd be a bit of an overkill to suspend him for the entire season this year and it'd also be unfair to the Jaguars' roster building effort. At some point, the NFLPA is probably going to step in and pressure the NFL to let him at least participate in organizational activities.

Even with his problems, I think those things will be taken into account. I can't remember seeing anyone being suspended 24 straight games and there have been way, way worse players in the league than Blackmon.

24 games is not only an overkill, it's more detrimental to the player than it is helpful for getting their life in order.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:TMD, Tommy, what is it with posters who start with a T?

Hey now...

Quote:This is speculation from Caldwell. He has no idea what's happening with Blackmon because he hasn't talked to him. Blackmon hasn't even been in Jax. He's also not allowed to have any contact with him. He's just keeping the media busy. 
Not talking to the player does not equal having no idea what's happening with the player. Only you are silly enough to overlook the fact that reports come in from treatment professionals. They go to both the league and the team. It's in the CBA, but you wouldn't know anything about that. Caldwell knows EXACTLY what's going on with Blackmon, and he is either being forthcoming with what he knows or throwing up a pre-draft smokescreen.

Since you believe you already know everything, I'll let you decide which.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I'll be relatively surprised if Blackmon's suspension lasts longer than four games.

He's already served 8 games last year. It'd be a bit of an overkill to suspend him for the entire season this year and it'd also be unfair to the Jaguars' roster building effort. At some point, the NFLPA is probably going to step in and pressure the NFL to let him at least participate in organizational activities.

Even with his problems, I think those things will be taken into account. I can't remember seeing anyone being suspended 24 straight games and there have been way, way worse players in the league than Blackmon.

24 games is not only an overkill, it's more detrimental to the player than it is helpful for getting their life in order.

Prior to the new CBA, this strike would have gotten him a season suspension.  I'm thinking that's going to be where this thing ends.  It won't last 24 games, but 16 is definitely a possibility.   

Quote:Hey now...

I am pretty sure we all agree with him. You are the one that chose a T when there were twenty six other choices, and the numeral choices were endless. Next time just create your message board name with a winking smiley, you can never go wrong with a big derriere semicolon.

Based on his track record it is more surprising to see how hopeful some posters are like tommy. Jag fans should take the same approach. If he plays great, but expecting him to play? Nope, not me.

Quote:I am pretty sure we all agree with him. You are the one that chose a T when there were twenty six other choices, and the numeral choices were endless. Next time just create your message board name with a winking smiley, you can never go wrong with a big derriere semicolon.

There are 26 other choices besides T?  What are they? Wink

Quote:Based on his track record it is more surprising to see how hopeful some posters are like tommy. Jag fans should take the same approach. If he plays great, but expecting him to play? Nope, not me.

I expect to see him play at some point next season, but not before he's served a full term for his suspension. 

Quote:Not talking to the player does not equal having no idea what's happening with the player. Only you are silly enough to overlook the fact that reports come in from treatment professionals. They go to both the league and the team. It's in the CBA, but you wouldn't know anything about that. Caldwell knows EXACTLY what's going on with Blackmon, and he is either being forthcoming with what he knows or throwing up a pre-draft smokescreen.

Since you believe you already know everything, I'll let you decide which.
Did you not see my 2nd post in this thread..?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I expect to see him play at some point next season, but not before he's served a full term for his suspension.

Yeah, I don't know. I just see him getting in trouble again.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014, 07:50 PM by MojoKing.)

Maybe this is just another smokescreen for teams looking to trade up for Watkins. Make it seem we have a dire need for an ELITE WR (which is arguable that we do) , to boost the trade value for Watkins 

There are two different substance abuse policies programs in the NFL. One is for recreational drugs and the other for performance enhancing drugs. The PED program is pretty cut and dry, the recreational abuse program has discretionary penalties, hence Blackmon's "indefinite suspension" penalty.

His suspension could be as simple as 4 consecutive tests without a positive alcohol reading or as complex as 8 game suspension, alcohol treatment program with weekly testing and counseling or any combination. We don't know and they're not telling but you can be sure Caldwell knows more about Blackmon's current situation than he's telling because that's is job.

Regards.........the Chiefjag

Quote:There are 26 other choices besides T?  What are they? Wink

Like numbers, there is a nothing that starts the sequence to start the process ... <0>,1,2,3,4 ... etc.

<space>, A, B, C, D ...etc.

Quote:Like numbers, there is a nothing that starts the sequence to start the process ... <0>,1,2,3,4 ... etc.

<space>, A, B, C, D ...etc.

Good save.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

if we can get a pick for gabbert what can we get for a drunk blackmon

Quote:Good save.

I play Chess.