Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell would be "relatively surprised" if Blackmon plays next season

Quote:Did you not see my 2nd post in this thread..?
I responded to what you wrote. I quoted you. I didn't think that would be all that confusing........

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hey now...
Don't act so surprised, like people can even remember you name???

What was your previous name btw?

My question is will there be an official ruling or will nothing be said about his status?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:This is such a tragedy. We need an offensive threat outside of Cecil. Sammy might actually happen. #FREEBLACKMON
This is exactly what Dave wants all potential trade suitors to think, so that they may frantically give up the house for Watkins.  Isn't it obvious?

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Maybe this is just another smokescreen for teams looking to trade up for Watkins. Make it seem we have a dire need for an ELITE WR (which is arguable that we do) , to boost the trade value for Watkins 
This was my immediate thought.  Ammo

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Half of last season and a full this yr? That's kinda of crazy. Like others have said I could see half but full... To much... Unless he's not clean of course.

I do feel this is kinda odd. If Blackmon were suspended all season, that'd be a punishment of the same magnitude as Pacman Jones's punishment in 07-08. 

Quote:I do feel this is kinda odd. If Blackmon were suspended all season, that'd be a punishment of the same magnitude as Pacman Jones's punishment in 07-08.

Pacman wasn't the same after that long lay-off from the league. I wonder how is all this time away from the game affecting Blackmon? Can he return to form?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Pacman wasn't the same after that long lay-off from the league. I wonder how is all this time away from the game affecting Blackmon? Can he return to form?

Its time to cut bait. Get what you can for him and move on.

Quote:Half of last season and a full this yr? That's kinda of crazy. Like others have said I could see half but full... To much... Unless he's not clean of course.

Or maybe it's just that Caldwell isn't stupid enough to think that a guy like Blackmon can actually change his stripes right now.

He's shown that he's not going to change under current circumstances (big money coming to him, on a roster, etc) so he's likely going to need some time fighting for a roster spot in camp for some teams before he'll understand it's time to take off the diaper and grow up.

Quote:Its time to cut bait. Get what you can for him and move on.

No.  There's too much talent there to just give to another team.  The guy has pro bowl talent, and I don't want to see him make the pro bowl for another team.  He should play for us or play for no one. 

Quote:Its time to cut bait. Get what you can for him and move on.

Whatever you get in return won't be worth it.

It's sink or swim with Blackmon.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 11:34 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:No. There's too much talent there to just give to another team. The guy has pro bowl talent, and I don't want to see him make the pro bowl for another team. He should play for us or play for no one.

How many pro bowls did Pacman go to after returning from his suspension? All that talent can't help anyone suspended from the league and sitting back home in Oklahoma.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:How many pro bowls did Pacman go to after returning from his suspension? All that talent can't help anyone suspended from the league and getting drunk and high back home in Oklahoma.

Fixed it for you.

Everyone calling for Caldwell to get what he can for Blackmon is right.

He might eventually be a player, but it won't be with the Jaguars. As long as this team holds on to him and keeps coddling him he'll never grow up.

Quote:Whatever you get in return won't be worth it.

It's sink or swim with Blackmon.

If you get anything for him- it's worth it. As it stands, all he offers this team is a false sense of hope.

Just draft Sammy and move on. He is a better prospect anyways.

Quote:If you get anything for him- it's worth it. As it stands, all he offers this team is a false sense of hope.

Just draft Sammy and move on. He is a better prospect anyways.
No. Blackmon could have been the next GOAT. 

No one is safe.

Quote:How many pro bowls did Pacman go to after returning from his suspension? All that talent can't help anyone suspended from the league and sitting back home in Oklahoma.

We can't trade him while he's suspended. It's against the rules.

As far as what we can get for him after he is reinstated, why would he be worth more to someone else than he is to us?

Quote:No. Blackmon could have been the next GOAT.

As it stands he is a goat.

Quote:Fixed it for you.

Everyone calling for Caldwell to get what he can for Blackmon is right.

He might eventually be a player, but it won't be with the Jaguars. As long as this team holds on to him and keeps coddling him he'll never grow up.

There is no coddling going on here, he has already lost an astounding amount of money and probably will not play this year.

That means he has lost 2.072M salary and 1.7M roster bonus or 3.772M as of 3/16/14.

His salary and bonus are no longer guaranteed for 2015 under the terms of his original contracts "no suspension clause" 3.33M by the way.

He can't be traded while suspended and the Jaguars retain rights to him.

It is all in the Jags favor without any monetary cost or limitation to roster size till he is reinstated.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

So much talent gone to waste hopefully he can get it together and come play for the jags