Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell would be "relatively surprised" if Blackmon plays next season

Quote:Indefinite suspension isn't strike 2.
The DUI was his 1st offense "in the league".  Violating the substance abuse program while still under probation for the 1st is what constituted a 2nd (indefinite) suspension.  Strike 3 would be no question, he's done

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The DUI was his 1st offense "in the league". Violating the substance abuse program while still under probation for the 1st is what constituted a 2nd (indefinite) suspension. Strike 3 would be no question, he's done

Pretty sure he's failed 2 tests.

Strike 3.

He's an idiot.

Quote:The DUI was his 1st offense "in the league".  Violating the substance abuse program while still under probation for the 1st is what constituted a 2nd (indefinite) suspension.  Strike 3 would be no question, he's done

The first offense wouldn't include any suspension. The second one was the suspension he served last year prior to getting back on the field. The third strike landed him on indefinite suspension. It's really not that difficult to track.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Pretty sure he's failed 2 tests.

Strike 3.

He's an idiot.

We don't know what caused the third strike. Failed test? Maybe. Could've been a missed test as well.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:We don't know what caused the third strike. Failed test? Maybe. Could've been a missed test as well.

True. But in my mind those two are the same.

Quote:https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/462271245749202944

Ouch. Sammy, are you listening? Ready to bring it to Jacksonville?
I dont see why people think he will get a chance to play?  It seems obivious to me that he's banned for life??

Quote:True. But in my mind those two are the same.
In the mindset of the league, there's no difference.

Quote:I dont see why people think he will get a chance to play?  It seems obivious to me that he's banned for life??

Are you asking?

If so, he's not banned for life.

Quote:Are you asking?

If so, he's not banned for life.

I think that would be made public.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think that would be made public.

Considering the fact that men who have done far worse have managed to get back into the league, including a certain Jet QB who spent time in prison, they'd be hard pressed to make a compelling argument for a lifetime ban for Blackmon, that's for sure.

Quote: So, why are you as a fan doing so?

Because I despise vice crime. It's codified morality and the government or your employer shouldn't be involved in those kinds of personal decisions.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If a guy can run over a person, kill them, test positive for weed and end up playing again, I'm sure Blackmon will eventually come back. Will he last? Does he really want to play? Time will tell.

As much as we rag on Gene, he put a good clause in his contract.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The first offense wouldn't include any suspension. The second one was the suspension he served last year prior to getting back on the field. The third strike landed him on indefinite suspension. It's really not that difficult to track.

Oh ok, I can see that.  Didn't know he failed a test without suspension.  I thought that mean mug shot was his 1st offense

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Because I despise vice crime. It's codified morality and the government or your employer shouldn't be involved in those kinds of personal decisions.

Well, wag your moral indignation in the direction of the players.  They sign the contracts agreeing to this.

Quote:Oh ok, I can see that.  Didn't know he failed a test without suspension.  I thought that mean mug shot was his 1st offense
Yeah, the first offense is normally not attached to a suspension.  It just puts them into the program.  The 2nd and 3rd offenses draw suspensions.

The good thing about this draft is that is deep at wide receiver; so the Jags need not reach at number one if they really want a QB or Defensive player....

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/r...23561.html

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:If you get anything for him- it's worth it. As it stands, all he offers this team is a false sense of hope.

Just draft Sammy and move on. He is a better prospect anyways.

Disagree. Even though I think he will screw up again, even then he is more likely to pan out then us getting a low round draft pick. Risk/Reward.

Quote:I dont see why people think he will get a chance to play? It seems obivious to me that he's banned for life??

Banned for life? Lol, really, this is what you believe?

Tanard Jackson reinstated by NFL

John Keim [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | May 5, 2014

Washington Redskins safety Tanard Jackson will be reinstated by the NFL on Tuesday, the league announced.

Jackson received an indefinite suspension on Aug. 31, 2012 for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Jackson had signed a one-year deal with Washington earlier that spring, and that deal was rolled over until the suspension was lifted so he remains under contract with the Redskins.

Jackson was on pace to start with Washington in 2012 had he not been suspended. But after missing two consecutive seasons it's debatable what sort of help, if any, he'll provide.

Jackson started 56 games with Tampa Bay, but was suspended twice for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He received a year-long suspension in September 2010 and returned the following year in October.

He has played only 10 games since that 2010 suspension and had to deal with a shoulder injury that bothered him during the 2011 season.
No commercial messages in sigs

Based off of that, Blackmon probably won't be available at any point this season.
No commercial messages in sigs